COINTEST: Display Cointest

Cheesy pigs

Don't have any coins yet, so no display. The carousel is beautiful, a lot of love must have gone into building it. :huh:

cachecrashers4 , Shoot me a email through my profile with your address, It would be my pleasure to gift you your first Geocoin :o , It comes with a disclaimer though , I can't be acountable for a future Geocoin addiction :huh:

Glenn

Display??? Who needs a stinking display. Mine are all over the house. If I store them too close together they mate like rabbits... and then I have them all over the house again. It is a never ending battle. I do occasionally "round em up" using my "coin herding kitty" and then I sit on the floor doing a "Liz"... oh my precious you really needed polished today...... :huh:

Love ya Liz!!!!

Are you mocking me? :o:huh::o

Don't have any coins yet, so no display. The carousel is beautiful, a lot of love must have gone into building it. :o

cachecrashers4 , Shoot me a email through my profile with your address, It would be my pleasure to gift you your first Geocoin :D , It comes with a disclaimer though , I can't be acountable for a future Geocoin addiction :D

Glenn

LOL, No disclaimers Glenn! It's all your fault! You got me hooked! I'm a geocoin junkie because of you :D:huh::huh:;):o;)

P.S. But I'm not complaining though :)

Edited by Nochipra

Haha, I don't have enough coins yet to really start displaying them, but this is where I keep them so I know where they all are at one time. It is an envelope that I received from WriteShopRobert with my raffle tickets.

wwl08w.jpg

LOL, that's what my collection looked like when I started (for about a week maybe two) but then look what happened!

DVC00755.jpg

Don't have any coins yet, so no display. The carousel is beautiful, a lot of love must have gone into building it. :unsure:

cachecrashers4 , Shoot me a email through my profile with your address, It would be my pleasure to gift you your first Geocoin :ph34r: , It comes with a disclaimer though , I can't be acountable for a future Geocoin addiction :ph34r:

Glenn

Thank you! Joey will be watching the mailbox with anticipation.

Haha, I don't have enough coins yet to really start displaying them, but this is where I keep them so I know where they all are at one time. It is an envelope that I received from WriteShopRobert with my raffle tickets.

wwl08w.jpg

LOL, that's what my collection looked like when I started (for about a week maybe two) but then look what happened!

DVC00755.jpg

Well I have a couple ordered and on the way, but money isn't on my side right now because im getting ready to go to the beach soon so i can't buy too many. Plus, as soon as I got them, my bf would steal the new ones and try to release them. He's already attempted to do it twice.

And...that is it! Over and done with.

Thanks to everyone who submitted a photo. :)

The losers were:

Brierpatch who gets a dishonourable mention for the total lack of interest in displaying coins. You would have won if you'd posted a photo of the one on your desk!

Crevis79 also gets a dishonourable mention for the sheer disregard and contempt with which the coins are treated!! :D But also, sadly, no picture.

The boxes, ziploc bags and envelopes were also woeful. :D One lonely coin near a computer is also a sad indictment :D

I am also stunned that Smort couldn't even be bothered displaying his coins in that gorgeous cabinet! For shame! B)

But for unadulterated shock factor, The-Wolf-Pack wins the booby prize for using a baby wipe box! :D That's just wrong in so many ways! :) Your 'prize' will be in the mail tomorrow morning B)

But onto the winners....

Honourable mention goes to fox-and-the-hound for his wonderful photographic skills. The wooden display and photography are marvellous, as usual. Well done! :D

DresselDragons thought laterally - Brenda's ears made a lovely display for the coins! I am also interested in the coin on her left ear.... :blink:

ATMouse has marvellous ideas, of course - love the train! And I need to get one of those display cabinets!

In the same vein, lorca and geo.error had marvellous displays, and if I had a second and third prize, they probably would have got it (sorry Corina!!!! You'll get something else from me :lol: )

The binders and tea box were also nice. I was very impressed by kentuckygirls leather wrapped coins. They look so good like that! I might have to pay a call to that Man in the Castle....

And Droo. What can I say? :D The Moroccan rug spiced up the coins with a particularly luxurious foreign flavour, while Le duste added a certain antique piquancy. The Tiki Bra certainly shows you are a fine connoisseur of objects d'arte :unsure: If only there could have been two winners!!!!!!!

But Geo-Gophers - now that's a well-themed display if ever I saw one! Congratulations - you are the winner!

Geo-Gophers and The-Wolf-Pack Please email me your addresses so I can send off your prizes.....I will check the address book though... :lol:

Edited by Cheesy pigs

:) Congrats to Geo-Gophers and the Wolf-pack with winning this cointest :D

:D Cheesy pigs thanks for this fun to see cointest :D

(sorry Corina!!!! You'll get something else from me :blink: )

:) What do i get Lizz??????????

A Tasmania Devil :D for teasing you,... off.................. aaaaaaaa......... Drop Bear :unsure:

Yes , i know the drop bear, i think they love the netherlands :lol::lol:

Thanks Lizz, you are a good friend :D

Yeah, I LOVED Ali's display - Congrats!

And The-Wolf-Pack....ummm..Congrats, I think... :)

Thanks for a fun cointest, Liz!

PS: I opted out of the cointest, BTW...so my stuff didn't count. The pictures of the display case are gonna be gone! :D

Edited by ATMouse

Congratulatins to the winners, I am sorry for the loosers, although it does not sound like real loosers :D

My Display is not mentioned anywhere, so I guess I got an average Display... I will be working on it, one way or the other :lol:

Sorry Tschakko, yours was sort of lumped in with the 'binders' people. Because you are keen to improve, you get a coin too :lol: Email me your address :unsure:

But you are right - there are no losers - the losers posts made my stomach hurt because I was laughing so hard..... but I dont care to smell your coins Wolf-Pack!! hehehe

Corina - you'll just have to wait and see :):blink:

Congratulatins to the winners, I am sorry for the loosers, although it does not sound like real loosers :)

My Display is not mentioned anywhere, so I guess I got an average Display... I will be working on it, one way or the other :D

Sorry Tschakko, yours was sort of lumped in with the 'binders' people. Because you are keen to improve, you get a coin too :unsure: Email me your address :D

But you are right - there are no losers - the losers posts made my stomach hurt because I was laughing so hard..... but I dont care to smell your coins Wolf-Pack!! hehehe

Corina - you'll just have to wait and see :blink::D

Hey, that is very generous of you :lol: Thank you so much :D

I saw some great inspirations in this cointest, I will definetly improve my display. :):lol:

PM is on the way...

Oh my goodness LOL.....this was a surprise and a half this morning!!!!!!! Thank you VERY much, I just posted my pic for a bit of a laugh......never thought I would stand a chance of winning.

Well this is a great start to the day......things can only go downhill now LOL!!!!!!!!

Will send an email with my details......thanks so much once again!

Ali :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was so excited that I forgot to add my congrats to the other winners, and the best losers too lol. I loved seeing all the displays.....have been searching all over the UK for those little wooden racks that you get in the US but can't find any over here.....yet. I've got some of my others on the little poker chip stands that I see quite a few folks use on here too.

Anyway, congrats to everybody and thanks again for a great cointest Cheesy Pigs!!

Ali :rolleyes:

Congrats to the winners!

I am also stunned that Smort couldn't even be bothered displaying his coins in that gorgeous cabinet! For shame! :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a shame having an empty cabinet...

I still got plenty of space in it, but it's getting better now :rolleyes:

cabinet.jpg

Congrats to the winners!

I am also stunned that Smort couldn't even be bothered displaying his coins in that gorgeous cabinet! For shame! :rolleyes:

Yes, it's a shame having an empty cabinet...

I still got plenty of space in it, but it's getting better now :rolleyes:

cabinet.jpg

Ooooh Stig!! That's much better! :):rolleyes:

You are quite welcome Ali, your package is being created right now :) Well done on your display <_<

After that happy reprimand you may be glad to know I have figured out how to post pictures here in the forums See Mr.Jiffy page 3 for an example. Now if I could only take good pictures, also too my collection has grown from one to four. Thanks again for the contest and congrats to the winners mabe by next year I will need a display case.

After that happy reprimand you may be glad to know I have figured out how to post pictures here in the forums See Mr.Jiffy page 3 for an example. Now if I could only take good pictures, also too my collection has grown from one to four. Thanks again for the contest and congrats to the winners mabe by next year I will need a display case.

w00t! :mad:

If you are anything like the rest of us, you'll be needing a crane if you want to move your collection by next year :ph34r:

Tschakko - I saw your post ;) What did I do to deserve all the mystery coins I have? I love that people send complete strangers coins to make them happy. Paying it forward :ph34r:

Just quickly - I hope the winners got their coins?

Hello there Cheesy pigs!

I'm so sorry, I haven't been able to get on the computer very much at all for the last couple of weeks......but my coins arrived safe and sound in Scotland at the beginning of last week.

Thank you ever so much they're all lovely. Apologies once again for the delay in letting you know.

Ali :)

Well, I never did get around to posting my coins in their zippered canvas pouch, but the Cointest did inspire me to move them into a lock-n-lock. My eventual display will be a burgundy leather Dayrunner binder(half the size of a regular binder) that I used to use nearly 20 years ago for keeping organized, but now is stored away somewhere. I need to have my collection be mobile, as I'm in the Big Truck, and they will mostly be activated for discoveries at Events.