NEW COIN(TEST): Geocaching has gone to the dogs

dark_onyx1982

Hey everyone, I got pictures of the coins from the mint. These will be available for pre-sale soon through coinsandpins.com. They will be minted in black nickel and polished gold. I will know in the next day or two the pricing for the coins and exactly when they willbe up for presale. I just wanted to share the pictures. :) Enjoy!

Any news on the release of this coin?

We are about 50 coins shy of having a custom icon so I thought I would bring a little fun to the by the way of a cointest. The winner of this cointest will receive an AE edition (1 of 30) of this coin. Due to hurricane/tropical storm Fay, I have not had the time to work on an icon as I had planned. I would love to see your ideas. There is no limit to the number of ideas you may post and the contest will end August 24th (the same day pre-sales end). I will choose the winner based on which icon design I like best and if we the 250 coin mark, that icon will be used for this coin.

Let the cointest begin! :)

Edited by dark_onyx1982

Oh, very nice icon designs! I really like them all, but since I can only pick one, I have to say my favorite is Choc-O's design!

The AE version will be for trade only and will be antique copper with a couple minor color changes, maybe a touch of glitter? :unsure: I will post pictures of them, when i get them in.

I really hope you like your prize Choc-O. After playing with the color combos for the AE coin, I have discovered I cannot use glitter in the ares I wanted to, they were too small. The AE will be copper, and the only color change will be a white sky with blue clouds.

Coins and Pins really liked the design and they are ordering a few extras to sell on their site a little longer. So if you missed the presale, they will a few of them will be available on their website once they come in.

Thank you all for your icon ideas!

Update: these coins will be shipped out within the nex2t couple of days. If you ordered some, keep an eye out for your mailman :). If you missed out on the preorders coinsandpins have some extras they will be selling. I am unsure of when they will be available for sale on their website, but I will post here when I find out. Thank you to everyone for the great feedback on my first coin! It is a nice step up from pathtags and geotags. I do have a couple other designs I am working on including my personal coin. I hope those are as well like as this one was.

Update: I noticed the icon has not been activated for this coin. I am having that looked into and it should be fixed soon. This coins does have its own icon.

Glad to read this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;):)

I got my 3 Polished Gold and my 3 Black Nickel today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some for Laval K-9 and another for a trade. It leaves me one Polished Gold for a futur trade.

They are so cute. Thank you for everything...I have one space left for an AE edition :)

Update: I noticed the icon has not been activated for this coin. I am having that looked into and it should be fixed soon. This coins does have its own icon.

Glad to read this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D;):)

I got my 3 Polished Gold and my 3 Black Nickel today !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some for Laval K-9 and another for a trade. It leaves me one Polished Gold for a futur trade.

They are so cute. Thank you for everything...I have one space left for an AE edition :)

I am glad they made it to you in Canada so quickly. You should have your copper AE soon, I mailed it out on Monday. :D I believe the icon will be up in the next couple of days. I have been checking it a couple of times a day.

Although it is not a great picture, here is a picture of the my artist edition. There are only 30 minted and finished in antique copper. These are available by trade or gift only, i will not be selling the copper version. The sky is white with translucent blue clouds. Also the pink on the dogs ears and tongue is translucent. Please email me if you are interested in trading.

copper%20copy-small.png