NEW COIN(TEST): Geocaching has gone to the dogs

dark_onyx1982

Hi, I am announcing a new coin from a design I have been working on for several months. This coin is dedicated to all the geodogs out there. This coin is near and dear to me as I love bringing my geodogs along with me on my caching adventures.Samples have been ordered and we are waiting on those to finalize our decision on the finishes. These will be available for sale at Coins & Pins. The colors are a mixture of hard enamel and translucent with texturing underneath the enamel. I welcome your thoughts.

PS - I have included a small cut out for those who are interested in attaching this to your dogs collar.

328136449_Xybgr-L.jpg

Very nice coin. We have our own personal coin with a cachehound theme. Wigoweb's Personal #1

We aren't selling any coins, but we do like to trade for other personal coins with a dog theme. Take a look at our coin using the link above, and let us know if you would like to trade. There are two images on our coin page; be sure to look at both of them. We also occasionally put out these coins at FTF prizes in our caches.

Good luck with your new coin.

I agree with everyone who said this is cute! I love it!

One thing: On the back, "geocachers" should be "geocacher's"

I also think there already is a coin called "Gone to the Dogs" so you might want to look into that, just so there isn't any "coinfusion" in the future.

I also think there already is a coin called "Gone to the Dogs" so you might want to look into that, just so there isn't any "coinfusion" in the future.

I realize the grammar on the back may be incorrect, but it looks better with the design, more streamlined. There are several geodog theme coins out there. I do not think there will be any confusion between this one and the others, at least i hope not. :ph34r:

I realize the grammar on the back may be incorrect, but it looks better with the design, more streamlined. There are several geodog theme coins out there. I do not think there will be any confusion between this one and the others, at least i hope not. :ph34r:

No, this coins is quite different from the other one. I just think it would get confusing if they both have the same name in the GCCollection gallery. Still love the design, though, no matter what you call it.

No, this coins is quite different from the other one. I just think it would get confusing if they both have the same name in the GCCollection gallery. Still love the design, though, no matter what you call it.

Yeah surteb is correct, there is already a coin called "Gone to the Dogs" so there will probably be confusion in the name, is there anything else you can call it?

I realize the grammar on the back may be incorrect, but it looks better with the design, more streamlined. There are several geodog theme coins out there. I do not think there will be any confusion between this one and the others, at least i hope not. :)

Yeah surteb is correct, there is already a coin called "Gone to the Dogs" so there will probably be confusion in the name, is there anything else you can call it?

How about "Geocachers Best Friend"?

"A Geocachers Best Friend" sounds good to me. :)

I have received several emails about the grammatical error. I am unsure if the die has already been produced, if so it will stay as it is. If they can chance it I will have them do so. These will be pre-sold through coinsandpins.com. I do not yet have an exact date, but I would predict somewhere in the next 4-5 weeks, as it will take 3-4 weeks to get the samples in from the mint. We will use those to decide the metal finishes. Also, I will have an AE with a unique finish and some possible color changes.

Hi, I am announcing a new coin from a design I have been working on for several months. This coin is dedicated to all the geodogs out there. This coin is near and dear to me as I love bringing my geodogs along with me on my caching adventures.Samples have been ordered and we are waiting on those to finalize our decision on the finishes. These will be available for sale at Coins & Pins. The colors are a mixture of hard enamel and translucent with texturing underneath the enamel. I welcome your thoughts.

PS - I have included a small cut out for those who are interested in attaching this to your dogs collar.

328136449_Xybgr-L.jpg

When will these be out? We'll have to have one! Buster and Fruss are our dog's and cat's names.

Hey everyone, I got pictures of the coins from the mint. These will be available for pre-sale soon through coinsandpins.com. They will be minted in black nickel and polished gold. I will know in the next day or two the pricing for the coins and exactly when they willbe up for presale. I just wanted to share the pictures. :lol: Enjoy!

07aa9ae7-81e1-4b00-8172-d2f4e050bde3.jpg

d12b0204-d01a-4ff4-91bb-9881dc27d224.jpg