What's the deal with pathtags?

KvPhoto

Technically pathtags are sigitems and therefore swag which requires fair trading practises. They are also trackable on their site but not geocaching game pieces so not "travelers" per se. They are worth about $2 each (to give you a fair trade value) to make but sell on Ebay for twice that or more.

Technically pathtags are sigitems and therefore swag which requires fair trading practises. They are also trackable on their site but not geocaching game pieces so not "travelers" per se. They are worth about $2 each (to give you a fair trade value) to make but sell on Ebay for twice that or more.

Well, not so much "trackable" as "logable" :ph34r:

Given that signature items are a part of the game one would think there would be a forum section for it. It would take less time to add the section than constantly locking or moving topics about them. Just my two cents as a forum operator. If there is a section here I'll be dipped if I can find it.

Well, not so much "trackable" as "logable" :ph34r:

Yep, they get found in caches (or traded) and logged at the website. Its just for the tag owner to see who found their tag. The tag owner has a map that keeps track of where their tags are. There is no tracking and moving of it like a geocoin. But you can log it and trade it again for other swag if you want. And not required to log but the tag owners sure like to see who has found their tag and where they end up. We found one this past weekend in ND and the owner lives in MI. Pretty neat stuff.

They are true signature items and a lot of fun. Once you decide to log it you can check out the community over there. Great bunch of people.

Given that signature items are a part of the game one would think there would be a forum section for it. It would take less time to add the section than constantly locking or moving topics about them. Just my two cents as a forum operator. If there is a section here I'll be dipped if I can find it.

there wasa thread it got moved to no mans land :ph34r:

Edited by The-Wolf-Pack

They're a signature item, not a trade item. I don't know how they suddenly acquired trade-item value, but if you find ours you're welcome to keep them and enjoy. :P

Didn't geocoins start out as signature items as well? And look where we are now. :D I think Pathtags have been a trade item for a long time as well as a fantastic signature item, an expression of who we are, just as geocoins have been. Why do we trade geocoins? I'm sure the reasons are as varied and myriad as to why we trade Pathtags. With Pathtags you get a very inexpensive very high quality trade/swag/signature item. And everyone pays the same price so the value is in the friendships we form and the gifts we leave behind. The low price point invites you to create more then one, leave them in caches or just gift them to friends & cachers you meet along the way. I plan to continue trading them, gifting them & leaving them in caches and hope whoever finds or receives ours gets some joy from them like we do. :ph34r:

People are correct. Pathtags are not related to geocoins so we don't discuss them here. They are discussed elsewhere, (I guess).

Thread closed.

Edited to clarify. I typed "geocaching.com" instead of "geocoins", and have managed to cause an uproar. I apologize for the confusion.

Pathtags are not geocoin related, so they are not discussed here.

Edited by Eartha