Would you delete the find

geosliders

I just got this log "Been there, done that." with no e-mail. Now that is pushing my buttons.

After sending an e-mail requesting an e-mail I'll give the cacher a couple of days. They've only found 3 caches total.

I think the cacher was being a smart a__! I don't think they deserve the couple of days. Maybe they can't read but you are going the extra mile with them. :)

I have only had my first earthcache up and running for a week today. I knew it would eventually happen, but I didn't think it would happen this soon.

A little old lady who visited my earthcache says she took pictures but doesn't know how to upload them. She got the answers to my questions correctly. It's pretty obvious she visited the site. I looked at her other finds, and she visited several other geocaches in the area. She's from out of state.

I am going to try and work with her and see if I can get her to upload a picture. I really don't want to get into the habit, this soon, of compromising on my earthcache requirements. But I am not going to delete her log either. She was obviously there. I feel that if I go easy on one person I am going to have to go easy on everyone and I really don't want to do that.

I have only had my first earthcache up and running for a week today. I knew it would eventually happen, but I didn't think it would happen this soon.

A little old lady who visited my earthcache says she took pictures but doesn't know how to upload them. She got the answers to my questions correctly. It's pretty obvious she visited the site. I looked at her other finds, and she visited several other geocaches in the area. She's from out of state.

I am going to try and work with her and see if I can get her to upload a picture. I really don't want to get into the habit, this soon, of compromising on my earthcache requirements. But I am not going to delete her log either. She was obviously there. I feel that if I go easy on one person I am going to have to go easy on everyone and I really don't want to do that.

See if she can mail you a picture. We have a local cacher who had a similar issue and basically tracked us down to show us the developed photo in person.

If there are cachers in her area they may be willing to upload the photos for her as a note to the page. A friend was on dial-up and we uploaded all his photos for a while.

Yup. I got a "TFTC" kind of log with no email. I emailed them a week ago asking for an answer on the questions. Heck, I told them being "right" wasn't as important as trying.

No response at all.

My first deleted log.

Agreed - I had a similar situation.

After 3 weeks of trying to get an email - log was deleted over the w/e

I gave the person two days to supply the reference pictures before I deleted their log.

Two days?? Takes me that long to find the camera in the back of the truck. Seems on the harsh side and I ain't being overly sensitive. I don't know what the rule is if any.. but a full week would be much more considerate. Think vacation cachers.

I gave the person two days to supply the reference pictures before I deleted their log.

Two days?? Takes me that long to find the camera in the back of the truck. Seems on the harsh side and I ain't being overly sensitive. I don't know what the rule is if any.. but a full week would be much more considerate. Think vacation cachers.

I've softened my stance since I posted that a year ago. :( I've been lenient about photo requirements provided they gave me the correct answers to the questions. In the example where I deleted the log, 50% of the questions were answered incorrectly so I was suspicious of their log to begin with. On a side note, the cache page is clear.

You may post a note if you're unable to complete all logging requirements. Logs not meeting all requirements will be deleted.