I'm stepping back from Moderating this forum

Due to a combination of circumstances, which is stretching my available time to breaking point. Meaning I am in the short term unable to properly Moderate this forum, on top of Reviewing the UK caches. Plus the need to search for New UK Reviewers.

I have decided to step back from Moderating this forum, for the next 6-8 weeks . And concentrate on reviewing caches and continuing the search for New UK Reviewers, this will also allow me to give the successful candidates the proper amount of support whilst they settle in [something I was grateful to Eckington and Lactodorum for]

In the mean time, I've asked the 2 Global Moderators to cover my absence.

Deceangi

......sure you will soon miss your position and return to keep us lot in line.

I am sure Deci will not miss his position as a forum moderator - the proverbial rock and a hard place position.

I for one have never understood why a reviewer should be a moderator, the roles are totally separate. Reviewers act upon the rules/guidelines as dictated by GC.com. They should not have to answer queries with regards to GC.com's rulings.

Moderators should be the mouthpiece for GC.com explaining rulings when queried by the populace.

Deci, and Lacto and Ecky, have all been caught in the "rock and a hard place" position and it is to Deci's credit that he has persevered in his lone, dual, position for so long.

Hats off to Deci, (and Lacto and Ecky)!!

Neil

Can't say I blame you.

All the "agro" over the last few months seems to have been in the U.K. forum pages. :(

Keep up the solid work with the "real" Geocaching stuff.

Enjoy your Busman's holiday.

A Big Thanks......I'll gladly shake your hand if we meet up in Harrogate. :)

Despite being aware of the reviewer situation and trying not to put lots of caches out, I'm afraid I've yielded to temptation a few times in the last month or two! Despite the huge load all my caches have been published pretty quickly and I can only thank Dave & Eric for keeping the real business of caching going through these hard times. Thanks guys! :D

Trying to keep on top of the review queue and mod this forum must be really hard so I hope Dave has a well deserved "rest" just doing the reviewing! :):(

I for one am pleased Dave I think you are making the right decision and I really do hope you stick by it.

Dave probably wont admit to it but we have a natter every now and then on MSN B)

I for one have been telling Dave he is working himself far too hard for weeks :( and he will get no thanks for it, I mean from TPTB, not the UK geocaching community I know he is greatly appreciated by us lot. B)

Dave has a wife, 2 kids, 2 puddles B) a home and a life of his own as we all have (not the wife, kids and puddles) the life bit, and last time I spoke to him no heating or water B)

The volunteer Reviewer/Moderator part is just taking over!!

I know being a nightowl the same as Dave is he has been reviewing caches at 2am and 3am in the morning to get them out for people as quick as possible, which there is no need for :D

You take as much time as you need Dave pet B) , we will all still be here when you get back :)

Mandy :D

Dave probably wont admit to it but we have a natter every now and then on MSN B)

No wonder he hasn't got time for everything else. I'm surprised he's got time for ANYTHING else! B):(

Seriously though, Izzy and I fully support your decision Dave. We're grateful you're still continuing with the most important bit.

P

Says the BRUMMIE who can talk for England :)

BTW Paul the calendar for Bob is well wrapped ready to throw at YOU B)

M :D

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I for one am pleased Dave I think you are making the right decision and I really do hope you stick by it.

Dave probably wont admit to it but we have a natter every now and then on MSN :(

I for one have been telling Dave he is working himself far too hard for weeks B) and he will get no thanks for it, I mean from TPTB, not the UK geocaching community I know he is greatly appreciated by us lot. :D

Dave has a wife, 2 kids, 2 puddles :D a home and a life of his own as we all have (not the wife, kids and puddles) the life bit, and last time I spoke to him no heating or water B)

The volunteer Reviewer/Moderator part is just taking over!!

I know being a nightowl the same as Dave is he has been reviewing caches at 2am and 3am in the morning to get them out for people as quick as possible, which there is no need for B)

You take as much time as you need Dave pet :D , we will all still be here when you get back B)

You mean Dave is actually human and has got a life? B)

And there was me thinking he was just a computer generated reviewer at everyones beck and call 24/7, silly me! :D

Perhaps if we all talk to Mandy on MSN, he will get even more free time back! :)

No seriously, lets give Dave some slack, he needs a bit of time for himself/his family.

We shall all be here when you return, so take as long a break as you need.

I for one appreciate all his hard work and don't like to see him getting so bogged down with all this voluntary work that he has been loaded up with.

And forgoodness sakes get that plumbing sorted out Dave, or nobody will want to stand near you at the MEGA!! :D

Not at all surprised. Just reading the bits of the forum that interest me takes enough of my time.

I've also never understood the linkage between modding and reviewing caches. It's a completely different skill set.

Thanks for the superb commitment to the cause.

Just so you know, I've asked to be added to the moderator list in this forum for the short time Deci is stepping back a tad. Once he gets back, I will be removed. It helps me get reported posts by being added to the list.

I wanted to post this in case it was noticed. I did not want anyone to wonder about it.

Just so you know, I've asked to be added to the moderator list in this forum for the short time Deci is stepping back a tad. Once he gets back, I will be removed. It helps me get reported posts by being added to the list.

I wanted to post this in case it was noticed. I did not want anyone to wonder about it.

Well I reckon if you are now a new member of our forums Greg then you should be willing to strip for my GeoChunks calendar ;):rolleyes:

See my MEN or MICE thread

You up for it or are you yella belly? ;):D