New Geocaches Placed Around Midwest Geobash 2008

The Moop Along

Hello all. As part of the Midwest Geobash Team, we have been placing new geocaches on and around the event grounds in Kendallville. These geocaches are currently owned by the Midwest Geobash profile. At this point, we've submitted 11 for approval, and we plan on doing some more as time permits.

The reason for this thread is, we would not like to keep these caches under our profile. We would prefer to adopt them out to local cachers to maintain and enjoy. We are close enough to properly maintain them, however we'd rather pass them along. If you're interested in adopting one or more caches, please contact myself, -Eleanor-, or the Midwest Geobash profile. We'll get you on the list. I'll also add direct links to each cache page when they go live.

Thanks in advance

Pete

Midwest Geocaching Foundation

Why would you set up caches you don't plan to maintain?

Wouldn't it be easier to let locals place the caches around there and coordiante their efforts with the reviewer?

Seems kind of presumptuous to place caches and then expect others to adopt them...

Why would you set up caches you don't plan to maintain?

Wouldn't it be easier to let locals place the caches around there and coordiante their efforts with the reviewer?

Seems kind of presumptuous to place caches and then expect others to adopt them...

I don't see where my post said that we are not planning on maintaining them? I, along with our team, are planning on maintaining the caches, for their entire lifespan. However, it's not our wish to maintain them. I would much rather a person very local to the area would "inherit" a fine cache or two in their profile, and allow them to thrive.

I actually have plenty of volunteers already to adopt the caches, but I appreciate your feedback.

TMA

Look, I don't wanna fight with you :( I never said we weren't going to maintain them. I really don't want 11 more caches under my profile. You quoted me precisely to prove my point. I said "prefer" which illicits the response of "I will, but I'd rather not". It was a simple request that you're trying to spin off as presumptive and ridiculous. We had local cachers place caches last year. This year we changed it up. We did all the work, so others can enjoy the fruits. OK? :)

TMA

on a side note, i'm surprised at the "lashing out" over this.

on a nice note. i'm thankful, as this is my first bash to go to, that some team would take the time to place so many new, and probably a wonderful variety of caches, in the local vicinity to help us newbies get more experience as well as have fun while we are there. i appreciate the efforts to make this events great. i'm sure there are locals who would love to adopt them, as it was mentioned.

again thanks for the time and effort to make the mwgb great! i'm looking forward to it.

TMA - I did some maintenance on my cache down the road a bit yesterday and picked up a few of the new caches around the bash area as well. I know I'm on the short list for the one's you have put out. Let me know how I can help out. I'm just a short drive down the road.