Thanks for your visit.

BiT

I typically try to reply with thanks for your visit or your answer are correct, please feel free to log the EarthCaches as a find. If they write a little more in their log I may also comment on that.

I always try to give some type of feed back for their effort. I myself enjoy EarthCaches the most and I want others to feel the same about mine.

I try to reply that they are good to log or that thier log is safe. If they send multiple e-mails for multiple earthcaches they completed on a trip I reply to just one.

I correct or clarify concepts if they sound like they didn't quite get it especially if they put some effort into the response.

However, if they send the e-mail without a valid return address, I don't have the time to go send an e-mail through gc.com.

I always reply to them. If they are off on their answers, I tell them the correct answer.

If they contact me through my profile, I will take the time to look them up and reply. It only seems polite. After all, they took the time to look for one of my caches. I reckon I can devote 2-3 minutes to answer them.

from the other side of the table..... :D

I don't care if you respond. Don't waste your time. :huh:

I've complied with your requirements, and have logged the find.

I still have over 100 other caches to log that I found that day.

I'm just gonna delete your thank you to my thank you. :D

Thanks for hiding the cache. :)

we always try to respond - especially when someone is kind enough to email prior to logging

The usual response "good answers, hope you had fun"

Sometimes if they are way off OR if they ask to be told if they are right or wrong, I'll send the correct answers along with the reply.

A lot depends upon the cacher's email to us.

...although....

I have a cache in Shell beach. You have to count the stairs down to the beach (yes, it's a grandfathered virtual).

A husband sent me the answer stating that his wife thinks there are 83 stairs, and he thinks there are 84 stairs.... and he wanted me to tell him WHO was correct. :ph34r:

I answered him stating "you are both correct".

I didn't want to be the start of their divorce. :P

...although....

I have a cache in Shell beach. You have to count the stairs down to the beach (yes, it's a grandfathered virtual).

A husband sent me the answer stating that his wife thinks there are 83 stairs, and he thinks there are 84 stairs.... and he wanted me to tell him WHO was correct. :D

I answered him stating "you are both correct".

I didn't want to be the start of their divorce. :D

eheheheheh

Excellent story :D

I appreciate an earthcache owners reply about visiting a site to correct answers/typos or just a "thanks for visiting"

I don't always reply based upon mood, other stuff pending. If I do reply, there is a simple response, thanks for visiting or correct answers. I am not a wordy person, hate to write.

Accordiongal

I have a simple method.

1- Thank them for their visit.

2- I have created one *.pdf file for each EC I own with the answers to the questions asked that is illustrated with pictures. It can either be a simple image with the answer or something more complex with an explanation as well. I send them that as an attachment for them to confirm their answers or see the errors of their ways.

(one exception is an earthcache I have with some dinosaur tracks. In that case I have a published paper that I send them as additional information).

3- should there be any other questions on the part of the visitor, then I get into a lengthier e-mail.

this would be an example of what I mean (cache name obliterated):

8142f13e-31a3-45dd-9a1c-d3df9844103c.jpg

I usually just reply "thank you for visiting ________". If they don't respond with the required information I ask that they do.

I have had a couple people say they didn't answer the questions and they said it because my page was too long and it didn't fit into their PDA. I suggest they try. Oddly one of those who said that had the photo with the correct background. Somehow they usually come back with the correct answers.

I have a simple method.

2- I have created one *.pdf file for each EC I own with the answers to the questions asked that is illustrated with pictures. It can either be a simple image with the answer or something more complex with an explanation as well. I send them that as an attachment for them to confirm their answers or see the errors of their ways.

(one exception is an earthcache I have with some dinosaur tracks. In that case I have a published paper that I send them as additional information).

3- should there be any other questions on the part of the visitor, then I get into a lengthier e-mail.

I like this approach... Mind if I borrow it?

I have a standard reply: "Thank you for visiting our earthcache "XXXXX", your answers are correct please go ahead and log your find if you haven't already."

Then I add a personal note if it's appropriate. I think it's part of owning an earthcache, just like receiving their answers. It doesn't take that long, just common courtesy in the interest of the sport.

I have a simple method.

I like this approach... Mind if I borrow it?

Not at all. Please feel free :D