Mission: Nochipra's Traveling Mission Race

Nochipra

PLEASE READ EVERYTHING BEFORE ENTERING!!!

Ok, everyone. We don't have too many traveling coins in our inventory and so I want to change that so we can enjoy watching their adventures. So, instead of just releasing them and letting them go any which way, I thought I'd make this into a cointest. There are 8 coins that will be participating.

1. A Silver Green Flying V coin.

2. A First Italian Coin (with Galileo on it).

3. A 2008 Gold Grenlandsmfien.

4. A Gold World Traveling Coin.

5. A Antique Silver Pennypacker Roadtrip Coin.

6. A Feb. 2007 For The Love of Geocaching pink glitter heart coin.

7. A Gold Fair Winds and Following Seas coin.

8. And a Pursuit of Caching coin.

TO PARTICIPATE:

Be the first to post to this thread (4 people from the U.S. and 4 People from other countries) with this information. (NOTE: You must have all the following information in your post to be picked as a contestant. If someone picks the same coin before your post, quickly copy and paste this info again and change the coin name, do not just say another coin name in next post (IT WILL NOT COUNT). ALL CORRECT INFO MUST BE IN POST TO QUALIFY)

1. Your geocaching name:

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin:

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up:

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country):

THE GOAL:

The goal of these coins is to start their race at the 6th Annual GCHR Picnic #GC1CZCW which Chip and I are planning to attend. It is our local geocaching groups annual picnic. (If for some reason we cannot attend the picnic then the coins will be dropped in a cache and I will announce the start of the race on this thread). The coin(s) mission will be to:

1. Arrive at the designated cache you pick as the one you want to receive the coin in (Be sure to pick a cache that will not be in danger of being archived, if this happens only ONE cahce change will be allowed and that is ONLY if the one you picked previously is archived or temporarily disable). Once it is changed THAT IS IT!

2. You pick the coin up, log the coin (so that the icon is added to your moved coin list), take a picture of yourself with the coin (this is a MUST for you to possibly win the contest).

3. You change the mission on the index card that I will attach to the coin (or you can attach a new one) for it to return to cache #GCMT4B FALSE ALARM in Newport New, Virginia. (It is extremely important that you change the information on the card because I will only put the informaion to get to you on it).

4. You contact me through our profile to change the mission page on gc.com once you receive the coin. (Also Very Important!!!)

5. The 1st coin from the U.S. contest that arrives back at the #GCMT4B FALSE ALARM cache will win 2 coins of our choosing once we have the coin back in hand. The coins you win WILL NOT be the race coin you picked. Once I get the coins back I will probably use them again for another contest.

6. The 1st coin from the International contest that arrives back at the #GCMT4B FALSE ALARM cache will win 2 coins of our choosing once we have the coin back in hand. The coins you win WILL NOT be the race coin you picked. Once I get the coins back I will probably use them again for another contest.

ADDITIONAL RULE:

1. The coin MUST be placed in at least one other cache between the picnic and your designated cache by ONE CACHER and RETRIEVED BY ANOTHER CACHER (Not within the same household or group).

2. IT MUST STAY AT LEAST ONE NIGHT IN THAT MIDDLE CACHE OR AT LEAST ONE NIGHT IN A CACHE ALONG THE MISSION!

3. It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to keep an eye on your race coin! If you see that someone is holding on to the race coin too long, you can POLITELY email that person to request that they move it along quickly. I will NOT INTERVENE and email that person for you.

4. IF the coin goes missing or someone steals it, that is the Chance you are Taking as am I.

5. Do Not Attempt to steal these coins yourself once you receive it since everyone will know you have it and will probably never do trades or business with you again.

6. How these coins move along is TOTALLY YOUR RESPONSIBILITY! Whether it is on the way to you or on it's way back to me! If I suspect that there is cheating involved then your coin WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!

7. I reserve the right to ammend and add rules as needed.

Feel free to post to this thread the progress of your race coin. (I would suggest putting it or them on your watch list). Once I have all the coins activated and the missions attached I will post them here for the contestants to look over before sending them off to make sure everything is correct.

OK, LET THE COIN ASSIGNMENTS BEGIN!!!

First come first serve! Only the 1st 4 U.S. people and 1st 4 International people will get assigned coins. MAKE SURE ALL THE INFO NEEDED IS IN YOUR POST!!! PLEASE READ ALL INFO ABOVE FIRST!

I will post all 8 contestants names and coins they are assigned once enough people sign up.

1. Your geocaching name: Arf2-D2

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: A Gold Fair Winds and Following Seas coin.

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: GC1B16A TOday is a good day to cache

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Pittsburgh, PA US

Edited by Arf2-D2

1. Your geocaching name: Arf2-D2

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: A Gold Fair Winds and Following Seas coin.

2nd choice: A Gold World Traveling Coin.

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: GC1B16A TOday is a good day to cache

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Pittsburgh, PA US

PLEASE DO NOT POST A SECOND CHOICE ON YOUR FIRST POST. IF SOMEONE PICKS YOUR COIN YOU HAVE TO POST AGAIN WITH ALL INFO AND THE NEW COIN OF YOUR CHOICE. With that said, Arf2-D2 you will get the Fair Winds coin.

Edited by Nochipra

1. Your geocaching name: surteb

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: Feb. 2007 For The Love of Geocaching pink glitter heart

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: GC13Q0A Iconaholics Anonymouns

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Buffalo, NY USA

Edited by surteb

1. Your geocaching name: Geo.Error

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coinA 2008 Gold Grenlandsmfien

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up:schat der tempeliers gc1bkwm

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country):Netherlands

Edited by Geo.Error

1. Your geocaching name:Luckycharmer

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin:A Gold World Traveling Coin.

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up:PLAYGROUND MATH (GC149E7)

Change this destination to Standing Hollow (GC1BR18) Better size to receive a coin.

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country):Quincy ,Illinois USA

Edited by luckycharmer

1. Your geocaching name: The Moop Along

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: Antique Silver Pennypacker Road Trip geocoin.

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: GCPG38 Start Looking

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Toledo, OH US

1. Your geocaching name: LadyBee4T

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: 8. And a Pursuit of Caching coin

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so

you can pick it up: GC1DCGX The Bookworm

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Farmington Hills, Mi 48331

1. Your geocaching name: BrierPatch

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: Whatever is left not choosey

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: GCHXZA

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Narvon PA Money Rocks Park

Never Mind I see I am too Late Thanks anyway sounds like Fun!

Edited by BrierPatch

1. Your geocaching name: PLnauta

First Italian Coin (with Galileo on it)

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: Wacky Cache no1. The Rocky Maze by PLnauta (GC14RZ2)

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Lisboa/Portugal

Edited by PLnauta

1. Your geocaching name: kdv

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: First Italian

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: GCXKVN - Stargate P43010 TB Cache - PORTA COELI

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Lucca, Italy

Ok, everyone! Here is what I am going to do. There are 4 extra people who posted that were not assigned with all the confusion of edited posts and all. To be fair I am adding 4 more coins to the contest.

Here are the people that are already assigned:

US PEOPLE:

Arf2-D2 - Fair Winds coin - in Pittsburgh, PA

Surteb - Feb. 2007 pink For the love of geocaching coin - Buffalo, NY

Luckycharmer - World Travel Coin - Quincy, IL

The Moop Along - Pennypacker Coin - Toledo, OH

INTERNATIONAL PEOPLE:

Geo-Error - Grenlandsfien coin - Netherlands

MotoCycleBoi - Flying V coin - Boden, Sweden

nebukatnez - Pursuit of Caching - Hesse, Germany

kdv - First Italian coin - Lucca, Italy (PLnauta your edit on your post came 1 minute after kdv posted with the First Italian coin in his post, so I assigned it to her, but you can choose one of the 4 other coins I'm adding)

ADDITIONAL COIN:

Brierpatch, Red 077, LadyB4T, and PLnauta can choose one of the following as their race coin:

Our Christmas Naughty and Nice gold coin

Ant. gold Luminus Energy coin

Silver Accessibility Coin

or

Our V2 micro purple glitter Flying Nerdling nerd coin

ONLY these 4 people can choose one of these coins. FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BETWEEN YOU 4! I will accept the coin you choose as they are posted in order, even if you edit the posts. If these people forfeit the coins then I'll let others have a chance at them. I'll email each of you about this also. That will make 7 U.S. contestants and 5 International contestants for a total of 12 contestants.

Sorry I edited my post to reflect the fact that I was out.

Oohps Sorry I posted.

Thanks it was fun & Sorry we made it so confusing simple instructions and I could not follow them.

Actually, I did not specifically say DO NOT EDIT POST in the original instructions which is why I am adding coins.

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: Purple Nerd V2

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: GCHXZA

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Narvon PA Money Rocks Park

Edited by BrierPatch

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: Ant. gold Luminus Energy coin

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Farmington Hills, Mi 48331 USA

Changed my above post to change the coin. Thanks for the extra coins!!!!

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: Purple Nerd V2

Ok, I think you meant purple nerd, lol, it's yours. I didn't send you an email since you already picked but I did send one to the other 3 people.

2. Which of these coins you want to be assigned as your race coin: Ant. gold Luminus Energy coin

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Farmington Hills, Mi 48331 USA

Changed my above post to change the coin. Thanks for the extra coins!!!!

Ok, Luminous Energy is yours

1. Your geocaching name: PLnauta

Acessibilty Silver

3. GC # and Name of the Cache you want your race coin to arrive to so you can pick it up: Wacky Cache no1. The Rocky Maze by PLnauta (GC14RZ2)

4. Location of the Cache it is to arrive in (as in City/State/Country): Lisboa/Portugal

Ok, all 12 are accounted for now.

PLnauta - Accessibility coin - Lisbo, Portugal

Red 077 - Naught and Nice coin - Pittsburgh, PA

Let the Race begin! The picnic is on Aug. 30 so I will get these ready. I'll post the coin pages once they are all done.

Ok, contestants I have the 12 coin pages done for the traveling mission race. All I need to do now is write up the missions on index cards and attach them to the coins. Please look over your coin pages and let me know if the information is correct as far as GC#, name of cache, and location of cache. If you have any suggestions on anything else I could put on the pages please let me know in plenty of time before the launching event on Aug 30. Thank you. I'll post again once the index cards are done and attached to the coins.

Arf2-D2's Fair Winds Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1424970

BrierPatch's Nerd Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1636384

Geo.Error's Grenlandsmafiaen Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1557953

kdv's Italian Race Geocoin 2007

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1008181

LadyB4T's Luminous Energy Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1191196

Luckycharmers World Travel Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=362037

MotoCycleBoi's Flying V Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1561752

nebukatneza's Pursuit of Caching Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1542338

PLnauta's Accessibility Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1710222

Red 077's Naughty & Nice Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1511897

Surteb's For the Love of Caching Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1033781

The Moop Along's Pennypacker 2007 Roadtrip Race Geocoin

http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=1378301

Edited by Nochipra

OK gang! The coins are ready to go! Now all I have to do is wait for the picnic on Aug 30 to set them free. I'm posting pics of how I fixed them up. I copy and pasted the info on each of the coin pages onto a card and then taped the coins in their vinyl pouches to the back of those cards and then put them into zip loc baggies to protect them from the weather. I used packaging tap to kind of laminate the cards since I don't have a laminating machine and people can still take the coins out of the pouches to look at the tracking numbers. Please, if you have not done so already please post here after looking at the coin pages that are assigned to you to make sure the information is correct. If you do not post to let me know, I will assume that the info is correct and I am no longer responsible if the coins end up in the wrong cache you assigned them to for the contest. REMEMBER once you receive the coins you MUST change the card information, take a picture of YOURSELF (no family or friends) holding the coin, notify me that you received it so I can change the coin page info and send it back to the False Alarm cache to us mentioned in the original post. I will either place these on the travel bug table at the picnic event or hand them directly to someone who tells me they can help it along on their mission at the picnic. I will post again once they are sent out. If there are any questions please ask them before I send them out. Thanks for playing.

1Race2.jpg

1Race1.jpg

Edited by Nochipra

Hi all,

Sorry I have not been back in the forums in a while but this month has really been crazy. I still have not forgotten about this race and Chip and I are still planning to go to the picnic on Sat. The coins are all ready to go so if there are any last minute changes to your coins before they are off please let me know. before noon on Friday Aug. 29th or they will be sent out "as is". Thanks to the contestants for participating and helping me get some miles on some of our coins. I look forward to watching their adventures:) Good luck to all. I will post here once they are on their way:)