Garmin 60CSx trouble

Tried it on both my Mac and PC. In the latter case it keeps telling me on don't have the latest plugin, so I downloaded same. Tells me it's properly installed. But on both machines it says I've successfully downloaded the geocache when in fact I haven't. I tried repeatedly. Sounds like something's amiss with my Garmin, but what?

Tried it on both my Mac and PC. In the latter case it keeps telling me on don't have the latest plugin, so I downloaded same. Tells me it's properly installed. But on both machines it says I've successfully downloaded the geocache when in fact I haven't. I tried repeatedly. Sounds like something's amiss with my Garmin, but what?

By chance, you haven't exceeded the waypoint count limit of your device have you? For a 60CSx, I think that is 1000 waypoints.

If you have your mapsource program, you can send your waypoints from your garmin to the mapsource and confirm whether you have actually downloaded the waypoints. If you have than your problem is the one mentioned before about changing your view from closest to find by name. If nothing transfers from the gps to mapsource than you have a different problem and I would contact Garmin support for some assistance.

By chance, you haven't exceeded the waypoint count limit of your device have you? For a 60CSx, I think that is 1000 waypoints.

Is there a way to get a count of how many waypoints are on the 60csx?

I have recently had the 'Waypoint Memory Full' thing come up, even after I deleted all but about 2 waypoints (home, a puzzle cache with a different symbol). I deleted all the 'Geocache' treasure box waypoints, then all the 'Found' waypoints (I use the Small City dot for those), so I should be able to add about 990 Geocache waypoints, with a few extra places for marking where I parked, the trailhead, etc.

So, when I shoot the GC waypoints fron GSAK, I really have no idea how many have actually been downloaded into the GPSr.

I have Software Version 3.50, GPS SW Version 2.90, if that's any help.

Thanks in advance for your help! I'm not sure how to do the Quote thing correctly, sorry... :D

Edited by salpal

But on both machines it says I've successfully downloaded the geocache when in fact I haven't.

Are you set up as "Find Nearest"? If so, switch to "Find by Name" and see if that fixes it.

Too funny. I had the problem of downloading caches and not seeing them on my geocache list. I finally figured out to change to Find By Name and they popped up. THanks for the help Coggins.