Geocoinfest Registration

GCF Pittsburgh

Ugh! I would love to attend but travel may be too costly for this one. :ph34r::P

I can just imagine being in one space with so many coins! The addiction has taken hold lol Just waiting for MissV to get her first coin and then she'll be next, she's only 7 lol If anyone has any suggestions on being able to get there on the cheap via train I would love to hear them! We'd be coming from NYC.

Edited by KvPhoto

Ugh! I would love to attend but travel may be too costly for this one. :ph34r::P

I can just imagine being in one space with so many coins! The addiction has taken hold lol Just waiting for MissV to get her first coin and then she'll be next, she's only 7 lol If anyone has any suggestions on being able to get there on the cheap via train I would love to hear them! We'd be coming from NYC.

You can get Amtrak for $63.00 one way, don't know if that is on the cheap enough for you. I was considering the train, but don't know if I can handle 4 days riding for one day of event!!!

You guys are depressing me...

I really hope to be able to attend, but life is really dragging me down lately. I don't want to pre-register and then not be able to make it, but I'd hate to miss out on the coins and the shirts and such too.

You guys sure are depressing me...

If you register, but then can't go, I'd be happy to pick up your stuff for you. I know we are going to be in Michigan from Nov 15th - 19th or so, I could drop it off or just mail it to you.

i think i was #59

there are 4 of us road-tripping from AL...

and after the coinfest, we're off to NY, VT, NH, ME, MA, RI, CT, NJ, DE, MD, and Washington D.C. on the way home to AL.

You're coming to ME - probably southern ME - but we hope you have a good time. My Daughter-in-Law is from AL - (has a cool pathtag with hubby - she is ALinMAINE). If you need any cache information from ME - you probably already know kayakerinme or PM

I would so love to go to the Fest - or just sign up for the goodie bag but no way to get it to me! :huh:

I really hope to be able to attend, but life is really dragging me down lately. I don't want to pre-register and then not be able to make it, but I'd hate to miss out on the coins and the shirts and such too.

If you register, but then can't go, I'd be happy to pick up your stuff for you. I know we are going to be in Michigan from Nov 15th - 19th or so, I could drop it off or just mail it to you.

I almost didn't return to this thread as it truly is depressing me...but I did and I really appreciate this offer!! I'll check it out and see what I can do!!

THANKS Tasia, very much appreciated!!

OK, just registered and ordered the LE package! How can I get another Event only coin as KAboom wants one as well?? OH...and hoping I can make it!!!!

Edited by Rockin Roddy

I almost didn't return to this thread as it truly is depressing me...but I did and I really appreciate this offer!! I'll check it out and see what I can do!!

OK, just registered and ordered the LE package! How can I get another Event only coin as KAboom wants one as well?? OH...and hoping I can make it!!!!

The event-only coins are meant as something special for those in attendance. There is a regular edition coin which was designed for all those who wish to have an extra keepsake of the event and those who are unable to attend.

I'm hoping you can make it too! Would be nice to meet a fellow Michigander :unsure:

After reading about this, I registered, but I could have sworn that I registered for this event about a week ago. :huh::huh:;) However, when I registered then, it didn't mention anything about the registration packets. I hope I didn't goof anything up.

Is there a list that can be viewed of everyone that has registered for this event?

This will be my first big event and I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Just a few questions if anyone cares to comment:

How many coins do you usually bring?

What kinds of coins do you bring?

How do you carry them around?

What do you do at these events?

Thanks!

Oh, one more thing. . . I wrote this yesterday, but for some reason, it wouldn't allow me to post. :)

I would think you bring as many as you want to.

Any and all geocoins...just another guess.

Me personally - I have a zip up binder with the coins in pages...see the display thread.

Talk coins and whatever else. Shop/trade/beg for coins....again...another guess seein that this is my first coinfest.

It just all sounds like fun....lol

There were numbers assigned with registration? :huh: Oops, I guess I should have paid closer attention!

Those were good questions, Degai. I am so excited about going to the event, I didn't even think about what actually goes on there! Unfortunately, the way gas is going...I will probably have enough money to get there, and come back home!

After reading about this, I registered, but I could have sworn that I registered for this event about a week ago. :huh::huh::) However, when I registered then, it didn't mention anything about the registration packets. I hope I didn't goof anything up.

Is there a list that can be viewed of everyone that has registered for this event?

You didn't goof up. There is only one registration for you there. You might have it confused with something else.

There is not a list posted of who is attending, other than the standard will attends on the cache page.

The event-only coins are meant as something special for those in attendance. There is a regular edition coin which was designed for all those who wish to have an extra keepsake of the event and those who are unable to attend.

Question emailed a few days ago, awaiting answer!

After reading about this, I registered, but I could have sworn that I registered for this event about a week ago. :huh:;):huh: However, when I registered then, it didn't mention anything about the registration packets. I hope I didn't goof anything up.

This will be my first big event and I am looking forward to meeting as many of you as possible.

Just a few questions if anyone cares to comment:

Thanks!

Oh, one more thing. . . I wrote this yesterday, but for some reason, it wouldn't allow me to post. :)

As Jim said, you are definately registered. You can review your order by logging in on the website, and clicking on "register"...it will take you to a summary page which includes what you ordered, when you ordered, when we received payment and your invoice number. It also gives you the option to add more to your order.

How many coins do you usually bring? Depends...how many do you want to carry around?

What kinds of coins do you bring? All kinds...definately traders. At the GCF multi-events, I made up a special binder with coins that are special to me that I thought folks would want to see.

How do you carry them around? Traders, I usually have in a bag, box or binder. Non-traders are definately in a binder.

What do you do at these events? We're working on an event schedule, and hope to have it posted soon. There will be trading, shopping, at least one seminar, geocoin poker, caching, socializing, and some other fun stuff.

There were numbers assigned with registration? ;) Oops, I guess I should have paid closer attention!

Those were good questions, Degai. I am so excited about going to the event, I didn't even think about what actually goes on there! Unfortunately, the way gas is going...I will probably have enough money to get there, and come back home!

Yes, every order has an invoice number...you can view this either on your paypal receipt or on the GCF website...log in and click on the register link...on the bottom of the page is a summary of your order, including your invoice number.

Edited by DresselDragons

Question emailed a few days ago, awaiting answer!

Email sent :huh:

What is the weather generally like at that time of year. It is still shorts and tshirts here, so unsure how to pack.

I would have to say that THIS is the toughest question that we've been asked. During the day, I have seen it in the low 80's (not typical, though), or in the 50's. I think that the average daily temperature is usually in the 60-70's. Evenings are definately cooler...probably in the low 50's. On the GCF wesite, there is a section for the weather...when we get closer to the event, I would suggest keeping an eye on it.

After reading about this, I registered, but I could have sworn that I registered for this event about a week ago. :huh::huh::) However, when I registered then, it didn't mention anything about the registration packets. I hope I didn't goof anything up.

You didn't goof up. There is only one registration for you there. You might have it confused with something else.

There is not a list posted of who is attending, other than the standard will attends on the cache page.

What Degai may be referring to is registering on the GCF website, and not actually registering for the event itself using the website.

What Degai may be referring to is registering on the GCF website, and not actually registering for the event itself using the website.

Very true...There are 2 steps to registration...1) you must register to use the website AND 2) then login and choose your registration package. If you stop after step 1, you are only registered to use the site.

Degai...just to confirm...you are definately registered with an AE package (and extras).

I am trying to figure out going without breaking the bank :huh: If it's just me I would suffer through a morning flight and than an evening flight to avoid hotel charges but I don't know.

It really is so depressing :)

Debating about pre-registering anyway....

I am trying to figure out going without breaking the bank :huh: If it's just me I would suffer through a morning flight and than an evening flight to avoid hotel charges but I don't know.

It really is so depressing :)

If you do get the hotel use the group rate when making your reservation. I think it's GCF. It took the rate to I believe $98.

What is the weather generally like at that time of year. It is still shorts and tshirts here, so unsure how to pack.

It typically gets chilly at night and usually shorts are not worn much after labor day. I plan on packing layers (long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts) along with a lightweight coat.

It typically gets chilly at night and usually shorts are not worn much after labor day. I plan on packing layers (long sleeve shirts and sweatshirts) along with a lightweight coat.

I plan on wearing my PFlyers jersey all weekend :huh:

I plan on wearing my PFlyers jersey all weekend :huh:

I'm sure I'll be showing up in my Dallas Cowboys Jersey!

There were numbers assigned with registration? :D Oops, I guess I should have paid closer attention!

Yes, every order has an invoice number...you can view this either on your paypal receipt or on the GCF website...log in and click on the register link...on the bottom of the page is a summary of your order, including your invoice number.

Cool...that makes me a nice, even 20!

I imagine by October the temps will change quite a bit from now. But my experiences in travel have been: always overpack! It doesn't hurt, and it can only help! (Unless you are stuck in a station wagon with 6 people....) That way you will be prepared for every outcome!

KvPhoto-I also noticed you were planning on hoofing it into WNY for the NYGO picnic...I wonder if Amtrak doesn't have a frequent users card for you to rack up all those points on!

If it helps money-wise, I went a cheaper route with accommodations.... I got a cabin for $50 a night at KOA. Now, I don't know how far from the actual event that is, and if you aren't renting a car upon arrival, that could be a problem. But I am sure with all the folks who may be staying there, transportation may not be a problem.

BTW I look forward to meeting you at the NYGO picnic. The more faces I am familiar with before going to GCF, the better!!!

I plan on wearing my PFlyers jersey all weekend :D

Being from near Cleveland going to Pittsburgh is like going into the enemy camp. I'd wear my Browns Jersey but may not make it out alive. :D

I am trying to figure out going without breaking the bank :D If it's just me I would suffer through a morning flight and than an evening flight to avoid hotel charges but I don't know.

It really is so depressing :D

If you do get the hotel use the group rate when making your reservation. I think it's GCF. It took the rate to I believe $98.

The rate is $94/night, and Eric is right about the code...GCF.

Being from near Cleveland going to Pittsburgh is like going into the enemy camp. I'd wear my Browns Jersey but may not make it out alive. :D

Wow...you guys really like to live dangerously. :D

I wear shorts well into October. usually just throw a sweatshirt on at night. I like the chill.

I just called someone I know who's cousin works for a local landscaper who's babysitters aunt's neighbor knows a guy who went to school for weather predicting and he said Sunday October 12th will be Party Cloudy with a high of 68 degrees and a low of 53 degrees with a 30% chance of scattered rain showers. I hope that helps.

I just refunded both of you your money. Stay home. :D

Smart man.