Log Count changed

AtwellFamily

Your profile only shows 10 logged today. Are you sure you got thim all logged that you found?

The Lost Art of Benchmarking (Denver Area #4) by OrionStarr (GC1DFVV)

Orchard Hills Park #2 by keening (GC1D2B3)

Orchard Hills Park #1 by keening (GC1D2B1)

Equestrian by keening (GC1D2BB)

Log Jump by keening (GC1D608)

Huntington Park by keening (GC1D60F)

Sisters by Grand High Pobah (GC1DNNH)

Running Fox Park #2 by keening (GC1D5C0)

Bike Ramp by keening (GC1D4J3)

Centennial Rap by sandhillers (GC1DM27)

Your profile only shows 10 logged today. Are you sure you got thim all logged that you found?

The Lost Art of Benchmarking (Denver Area #4) by OrionStarr (GC1DFVV)

Orchard Hills Park #2 by keening (GC1D2B3)

Orchard Hills Park #1 by keening (GC1D2B1)

Equestrian by keening (GC1D2BB)

Log Jump by keening (GC1D608)

Huntington Park by keening (GC1D60F)

Sisters by Grand High Pobah (GC1DNNH)

Running Fox Park #2 by keening (GC1D5C0)

Bike Ramp by keening (GC1D4J3)

Centennial Rap by sandhillers (GC1DM27)

Long day in the heat. I was counting my :D and one was a benchmark. :D

My bad.

I'm having a similar problem. I would swear that on 6/21, one of those caches was number 150. Now it's showing 148. (Yeah, I don't have nearly enough time to go caching!) It looks like about 4 caches are suddenly missing. I've never gotten any deleted log messages, either. Is there any such thing? Is there any way to see if any of my logs have been deleted?

I've noticed that some caches that I have found have apparently been deleted from the database. They don't show up on the map, they're no longer on my "found" list, and the log that I submitted is missing. It's as though they never existed. Anyone know anything about this?

karlvn

I've noticed that some caches that I have found have apparently been deleted from the database. They don't show up on the map, they're no longer on my "found" list, and the log that I submitted is missing. It's as though they never existed. Anyone know anything about this?

karlvn

I kind of wondered if something like this had happened. Unfortunately, I've never kept a list anywhere of what caches I've found. The best I could do probably is go back into my GPS and look there. Oh well.

karlvn

If you have the GC#s of those missing caches please email them to me via my profile. I will be happy to look into this for you.

karlvn

I've had a similar experience. The logs are gone. Pictures I posted are gone. The finds are gone from the map of the area. I don't get it. It's like they never existed.

Long day in the heat. I was counting my :lol: and one was a benchmark. :o

My bad.

I found this thread while trying to find out if benchmark finds count toward the caches found total.

About a year ago I logged a benchmark and my cache find count increased by one (at least that's what I remember, but maybe I'm remembering wrong). Two days ago I logged a benchmark and my count did not change. Has the count method changed when logging benchmarks?

Thanks for any information.

Edited by steve p

Long day in the heat. I was counting my :D and one was a benchmark. :D

My bad.

I found this thread while trying to find out if benchmark finds count toward the caches found total.

About a year ago I logged a benchmark and my cache find count increased by one (at least that's what I remember, but maybe I'm remembering wrong). Two days ago I logged a benchmark and my count did not change. Has the count method changed when logging benchmarks?

Thanks for any information.

Benchmarks do not count. Not even a couple of years ago. You are remembering it wrong. :D

I think I figured out at least where a couple of the caches were that disappeared. There's a sanctuary near here that has (had?) a ton of caches in it, including a brand new one. I was just looking at the listings, and I know we found either 2 or 3 back in that sanctuary, but now I don't see any found back there. From looking at the map, I know there's at least 3 that are missing (1 we never got a chance to look for, so I know that wasn't part of our count). There used to be 7 back there, and there's only 4 on the map now.

If you look at N 42° 15.542 W 085° 46.977 on the map, you'll see the area. There was one that was over toward Woodview, and one that was basically right on top of 24th Street (near where Oak Leaves comes in). The other one that's missing was kind of in the center of the sanctuary, as I recall, and would appear on the map to be between the three traditionals that remain.

Very odd that they just disappeared. Oh well.