Triangulation Station Marker in Grand Canyon

godcandoitall

I found this triangulation station marker around Hermit's Rest in the Grand Canyon. I have been unable to figure out how to log it as a find under my geocaching.com account, if it is an actual "find." I logged several other benchmarks in the past, but this one I could not find out how/where to log it. Could someone please help me? The other ones that I had found in the Grand Canyon I first searched benchmarks by the zip code and deduced which ones I had found and then logged them that way. This one, I was unable to find by using that method. It is in such a well-traveled area and so visible, that I would think that others would have logged it as well; thus, bringing me to the conclusion that I am missing some information on how to go about doing so! :) Help would be appreciated...

e7367242-8d5a-414d-a874-0dccd99e3336.jpg

This is an interesting one, since I have never seen one set by the Boston Museum of Science or any other museum.

However, there are more disks out there that are NOT in the National Geodetic Survey data base (of which the geocaching site's list is an old snapshot) than ARE in it.

See this thread for more info.

This is an interesting one, since I have never seen one set by the Boston Museum of Science or any other museum.

However, there are more disks out there that are NOT in the National Geodetic Survey data base (of which the geocaching site's list is an old snapshot) than ARE in it.

See this thread for more info.

Thank you for your quick response. It along with the following post were very helpful.

The station you found was part of the control for a mapping project of the Grand Canyon done by the Boston Museum of Science in the late '70s. Here's a link to the report, (thank-you Zhanna!), and a copy of the page with station Hermit described.

fb17e03e-70ce-4792-8816-3fdfa65faf5a.jpg

Thank you for your quick reply. I was able to log it thanks to you and the other posting. I also learned alot in the process, which I enjoy!