New caches

TrekMan27

I have looked in the "Hide and Seek a Cache" for a way to see the latest published caches. But no find anywhere. How do the cachers that see then first thing in the a.m. and then claim FTF see what is brand new that morning? Am I just being blind on the website?

-TrekMan27

That took me a bit to figure out. heres how you do it,log in ,then click your name,on the right side of screen go to premium features,then click set up notifications, once there click create new notification. It will email you for all new caches.I hope this helps

Thanks Bull ... worked great.

For some reason this doesn't work for me. I set it up to receive instant notifications on several types of caches, within a 100 mile radius, when I first joined as premium member. I am yet to receive a new cache email notification, even though there are caches being placed locally. I am only getting the standard weekly notification.

Is that option available for regular members?

Don't believe. Well worth the $3 a month fee!

To the other question.

You should go back and make sure everything is ok in your notifications.

You should receive email notice.

You can set it up to receive notice when anything is done, from logging a find, dnf, notes, published, and so on.

you will get an almost instant notice.

For some reason this doesn't work for me. I set it up to receive instant notifications on several types of caches, within a 100 mile radius, when I first joined as premium member. I am yet to receive a new cache email notification, even though there are caches being placed locally. I am only getting the standard weekly notification.

Have you loaded your home coordinates? That is the only thing I can think of.

I'm a premium member, but when I was a member I used to do this: sign in, go into hide and seek a cache, then click on my state in "by State (US only) and then all new caches or events would come up. It still works for me and that's how I do it. Sorry for my run-on sentences. :D

Have you loaded your home coordinates? That is the only thing I can think of.

No I put my zipcode as the origin. Still not getting any instant notifications, but now I check the local forums every few days to see what's newly published. By doing that I actually got a FTF on a cache about 50 miles away on July 4th. Still don't know why I'm not getting the instant notices. I'm sure it's something simple, just can't figure it out. :ph34r:

Do you have "Enable notification" checked on the notification page.

Did you choose a Type to Watch. You have to tell it what kind to notify you about. Below is the 3 that I have for mine. Oops, I see you said you did, Sorry

If you have one for Multi-cache and not have one for a Traditional Cache then a Traditional Cache is published you wont get a notification for a Traditional Cache. Hope this makes sense, I'm not good at explaining stuff like that.

Log type(s): Publish Listing Event Cache

Log type(s): Publish Listing Multi-cache

Log type(s): Publish Listing Traditional Cache

Edited by lacomo

Do you have "Enable notification" checked on the notification page.

Did you choose a Type to Watch. You have to tell it what kind to notify you about. Below is the 3 that I have for mine. Oops, I see you said you did, Sorry

If you have one for Multi-cache and not have one for a Traditional Cache then a Traditional Cache is published you wont get a notification for a Traditional Cache. Hope this makes sense, I'm not good at explaining stuff like that.

Log type(s): Publish Listing Event Cache

Log type(s): Publish Listing Multi-cache

Log type(s): Publish Listing Traditional Cache

Yes to all of the above... but I think I found out what the problem is. Apparently you can only get notifications for caches published w/in a 50 mile radius, not 100 as I had specified. I went back to double check them all and they all said 50. So I tried changing and it went back to 50 each time. I guess there haven't been any published recently w/in 50 miles of me, but a little more than 50 (like 55), yes. Oh well. Thanks for everyone's help.