My poor unfound caches :(

I realise that there is more than likely a post already dedicated to this and the honest truth is I'm lazy and dont want to find it :D I placed two (what I think are really nice caches) over the weekend and they have yet to be found! All my others were ftf within like hours or so ;)

I'm a little addicted to placing caches now B) I love reading the logs ;)

WHERE ARE YOU AND WHY ARNT YOU FINDING MY CACHES LEICESTERSHIRE CACHERS!! B)

How long is the longest you waited for one of your caches to be found? Is there hope for me yet ;)

Yes I KNOW I'm being a nutter - I'm bored and I want that email to come through saying someone ftf my cache :)

I dont know if it is just oop here or if it is country wide.....

Caching in Durham is as dead as the proverbial "doo doo" I have placed caches this year that have gone unfound for a week or more, this would never have happened last year, Jerryo who placed many sneaky and clever caches has closed 90% of his caches down because they are not being visited ;)

There are now two cachers up here who are both stating that the caches will be in place for the 3 month limit then the caches will be gone, to get folks up and out to find them before they close again :)

We only mainly cache once a fortnight now and travel up to Northumberland, or down into North Yorkshire, we can always guarantee we will do over 100 miles on that day B) We have loads of caches to do in Newcastle, but when we cache in the "toon" we cache all day then come home and have to take Jess out for a walk, which seems a bit pointless, as they are mainly micros/nanos/not good dog walks.

There are quite a few new caching teams in the Durham area so hopefully they will start setting caches soon for us to find, but at the present time I feel we are setting caches which do get found by the locals for the first week or so then they are not visited again for months, but there are no caches going out for us to find.

Are there too many caches?

Is it the fuel prices?

Are people saving themselves/their money for the Mega?

Mandy :D

Okay, I'm going to be helpful which is totally out of character for me (just ask Mandy of Us 4 and Jess) but here is the Link to the recent discussion about FTF's

That's my good deed done (for this year, at least) B)

P

B););)

Even red sauce has a use.......

I have thought of your penalty...............faggots, I've never tried faggots, sure they are from BRUMMIE land :)

M :D

My second cache is a nicely stocked one in a beautiful spot of historic interest. It was six days before it was found (twice on the same day) and now no one has been there since - about 6 weeks. We are a beautiful part of the world, but not really on the caching map as our tourist industry is a little less outdoorsy than many. I hope the local cachers will find it over the summer then I will probably archive it and use the container for another cache.

Nooo don't archive it, My area of Norfolk was very slim on cachers and caches when I started but now there are more new cachers starting and they are finding old ones and placing new ones, I've only archived the ones that were muggled or the area changed to make it less interesting, the old ones are still getting visits by cachers on holiday and new cachers just starting

Edited by Tiger-Eyes

We waited 8 weeks for 2 of our caches to be found. They've been out for over 6 months now and have had 2 and 3 visits respectively. A couple of years ago we did a cache by the cacher who was first to find these which had been out for just under a year with no visits. We tend to find we have 3 or 4 cachers who seem to find our caches and then it seems to be visitors to Scotland to find them.

Don't archive them, leave them there people will come find them.

We have one placed in August last year, am off up there again in a few weeks to check its ok. It should be unless some local sheep have figured it out. Do I worry about it not being found, no not really its in Northumberland and way off the beaten track. In fact there is no track to it, and so far only one did not attempt. So if you can't read a map and use a compass correctly you wouldnt be advised to go and try it. It is certainly no drive by not even in a 4x4.

Another took 6 months then was found twice in the same day. This got good reviews from those intrepid folk who like a good hike away from the crowds. No one has been to it since, and I will be checking it again with the other one when I get up there, this time it would be Squirrels who would be the greatest danger to it.

So dont worry.

All is well...both of Kirsty's caches have been found now. I know it can be a little nervy till they're found for the first time though.

... and Kirsty...I think they can give you something for that hiding addition you're getting! :)

Sarah

sarah is it pims?

Okay, I'm going to be helpful which is totally out of character for me (just ask Mandy of Us 4 and Jess) but here is the Link to the recent discussion about FTF's

That's my good deed done (for this year, at least) :D

P

:):)B)

Even red sauce has a use.......

I have thought of your penalty...............faggots, I've never tried faggots, sure they are from BRUMMIE land :)

M B)

Oh dear oh dear oh dear, wi a brummies washe yower mouth out. :D up the wolves.