Event donations?

mousekakat

We're hosting a small event here at the end of July and I was wondering if anyone had any spare coins that they wouldn't mind donating?

We're only expecting about 30 to 40 people, maximum, but it would be nice to have at least a couple of things to toss in as door prizes! Of course I'll be using some of my own coins, too!

Really excited, it's our first event to throw!

Let me know, please!

Thanks in advance,

Naomi and Micke ;)

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

We have friends (my Goddaughter and her kin) arriving from Sweden for a few days during their Canadian holiday and they're flying back on July 14th. I will send a donation package with them from Landsharkz.

Idea! If anyone from the forums wants to make a donation and just pay to send it to Canada please send it to me asap. I'll give it to Clint and Christina and they can mail it to you after they get back to Sweden on the 15th. if it arrives after the 15th, I'll send it with my Goddaughter Johanna when she goes back a week later on the 23rd.

Does that help at all? Helen

e-mail send to you :D

Hmmm... I haven't gotten anything yet ;). Send it to hannaomikael at gmail dot com if you haven't!

Helen, IF I can get organized in time and get some together, is the address in THE address docs. a good place to send them too :) ?

It sure is, Fairyhoney!

In my first post I had asked for 2 caching related items that FSM deemed weren't appropriate to ask for without Groundspeak permission, so I'll try again...

Coins or coin and matching pin sets, if possible! I know that Hanna has a lanyard simply full of pins that match some of her coins really loves them! There will be some kids there, so I was thinking of them B)

Hopefully that is done a bit more properly and now not breaking any rules!

Naomi

We're hosting a small event here at the end of July and I was wondering if anyone had any spare coins that they wouldn't mind donating?

We're only expecting about 30 to 40 people, maximum, but it would be nice to have at least a couple of things to toss in as door prizes! Of course I'll be using some of my own coins, too!

Really excited, it's our first event to throw!

Let me know, please!

Thanks in advance,

Naomi and Micke :)

Hey Napmi and Micke!

I'll get some coins in the mail to you in the next few days. They should get to you in plenty of time! :)

Enjoy your event!!

OverTheEdge

You, Naomi, I hear a lot of good things about. I didn't ship overseas due to customs and the big hallaballou that goes with the European complexity. You would most certainly have received a coin from me.

Thank you, Hope! Just knowing that brings a really big smile to my face and soul!

PM sent

Sparticus, I got it and responded, as I said, it's not the size of the gift that matters, it's the size of the heart, thank you!!

Naomi, how many kids do you expect?

Right now the count is close to 10, but there are are just over 2 weeks left to sign up :). Hopefully more, I know my kids will really enjoy it!

Hey Naomi and Micke!

I'll get some coins in the mail to you in the next few days. They should get to you in plenty of time! :)

Enjoy your event!!

OverTheEdge

Thanks, toots! Really appreciate it!

*hugs to all*

Naomi :)

Ummm, Can i send a coin too??? :D OH Please??? :D

Gosh, I didnt want to ever suggest such a thing, but I said SCREW IT!!!

Kay, im watching for thrown stones now! :D Im sorry~Kay, ill leave now- Ill be in our other forum :D

(if your thinkin what im thinkin- "we really need a DORK smiley!") :D

PS sending off for Landsharks addy- No More Land Harpoons I promise :D (I know what your thinkin) :D

will be sending you a package also. do you accept sig items?

rsg

YES, especially your beautiful ones!!

Ummm, Can i send a coin too??? :D OH Please??? :D

Gosh, I didnt want to ever suggest such a thing, but I said SCREW IT!!!

Kay, im watching for thrown stones now! :D Im sorry~Kay, ill leave now- Ill be in our other forum :D

(if your thinkin what im thinkin- "we really need a DORK smiley!") :D

PS sending off for Landsharks addy- No More Land Harpoons I promise :D (I know what your thinkin) :D

:D nut!! :D

dork.gif

rsg

dork.gif

Dont worry RSG, I dont think your a Dork!!! Ameriswedes are sometimes judgemental...or are they just mental??? :D ...If you wanna borrow my land Harpoon, its got a really long string and good for Mice/Cat things too! :D

rsg

dork.gif

Dont worry RSG, I dont think your a Dork!!! Ameriswedes are sometimes judgemental...or are they just mental??? :D ...If you wanna borrow my land Harpoon, its got a really long string and good for Mice/Cat things too! :D

Someone has been editing posts :D

For that you get... DOUBLE dork.gif

Thanks, ya'll! We're really having fun with this, going shopping today for some cache swag and prize goodies. We've got a budget, but we're going to have the most fun with our budget that we can!

Oh, and if anyone has any coins they want released here, go ahead and send them, I'll seed some of the caches with them and get them moving!

Naomi :D :D

Received some wonderful, wonderful goodies so far!

Thank you all for your generosity and kind hearts!

OverTheEdge

CastleMan

Geok's

Crowsfeat

and

Landsharkz

I just can't say thanks so much for all the wonderful coins, pins, lanyards and other things! There are going to be some really happy people at the event and it looks like everyone will be able to leave with one trackable coin as a parting gift!

Thanks again, just can't say thank you enough!!

Naomi and Micke

More thanks to the Landsharkz-Sweden Express!

Clint and family dropped by and caught me taking a very late nap with Caitlyn, who's whinyness drove me to taking her down to rest for a while, and they left another great package of event donations!

All I can do is humbly say thank you to everyone!

OverTheEdge

CastleMan

Geok's

Crowsfeat

RedShoesGirl

Frozen Buns (LOVE those whistles!)

Big Dave

Rooksie

Sparticus

and anyone else that I might have left off the list here!

I just can't thank you enough for the wonderful donations! Anything that ISN'T given out will be released here in Sweden in your name to travel!

Naomi

We had a great time at the event yesterday. It was about 32 C and the event site was just near a lake, it was very nice. The event was well organised (Thank you Naomi and the rest of the family) and it was fun to met other cachers, some of them for the first time. I rcd some great prices and gifts, thank you :o

eeb69f9e-ec9c-444a-8713-eb2f31004bbf.jpg

Edit: Left:spaM,Hasseper,Fiabus,Middle pic: The organisers ;-), Right:Grodan

and my gifts and prices.

Edited by Solan109

Micke and I would like to extend a HUGE thank you to everyone who helped out with donations for our event and helped make it such a great time! The coins were huge hits, as were the pins, pathtags and personal sig items, and I think we may just have brought some folks over "to the dark side," muhahaha! A lot of the cachers weren't familiar with the myriad of coins that are available out there and just loved looking at Solan's, Grodan's, Hasseper's, s.p.a.M's, and my collections and oohing and aahing over them :o and when they found out the next day that they'd all get at LEAST one, they were all really happy!

Altogether there were about 25 to 30 people at the height of the event. Kids swam, ran played and ate, adults cached, talked, laughed, swam and ate... and we had a little treat courtesy of Jim and Tora Friday night in the form of a killer hot after dinner drink called Mountain Man made with milk, brown sugar, and spiced rum that was just delicious!

The weather was hot, close to 30°/86°, the lake was cold, around 20°/68°, the beer...well, it was cool, lol, the skeeters were active, and the company was excellent!

We had 4 in our cabin, 2 in our guestroom, and tents in the backyard, as well as tenters at the lake and folks at the stables using their guest rooms. 14 people and 1 ½ bathrooms got a bit tricky at times, but we all survived and had a great time

Congrats to Hudik-Lars and the Jim and Tora team for getting a tie for the most FTF's (4 each), a final drawing determined that the Jim and Tora team got the "grand prize," a small backpack just filled with caching munchies, chips, cookies, candies and more. Everyone (kids included) came away with at least one geocoin from the drawings we did, and even better, folks who won more than one coin actually gave up their extra's to those who didn't win one, great sharing spirit!

Thanks again, everyone, for a wonderful time! And to those of you who couldn't make it, well, we missed ya! But there's always next year!

And remember, same time, same place, and MORE folks, next year!

Micke, Naomi and the girls!

PS... will post pics later on the event page!