Ripon/Harrogate area

OK, I know this might be a tricky question to answer as I know cache "likeability" is very subjective but I'll ask it anyway........

Are there any "must do" caches in the area of the Mega and Mega associated Events? I'd use the ratings on g:uk but they weren't working the last time I looked.

Thanks,

Stuey

OK, I know this might be a tricky question to answer as I know cache "likeability" is very subjective but I'll ask it anyway........

Are there any "must do" caches in the area of the Mega and Mega associated Events? I'd use the ratings on g:uk but they weren't working the last time I looked.

Thanks,

Stuey

We have done many caches in Harrogate Stuey, the one that really "sticks out in my memory" although there is already an event there is the Horn Blower, really worth a visit ;)

Mandy ;)

You really are "One in a Million", Mandy!

"sticks out in my memory"

Mandy :D

Not only are you blonde - but you have a memory as well! ;);):D;)

P

You can go off some folks ya know Paul.....

Remember the red stuff in the bottle ................. you just wait pet :D:D;)

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

It might be nice for the organising committee to contact the owners of nearby caches and remind them to put plenty of log pages in their caches before the event. At the Dutch event in April, some huge multi logs with 200 or more spaces were filled in a day.

Thanks sTeamTraen.. We had thought of this previously but with us all rushing around doing "STUFF" had missed out on that.. I will get on with it..

Caches you "Must do" well I will start off with "The Hunters Stones" will add more but this is a good starter..

Heck I picked up one of your coins today.. Now I'd better log it lol.

It might be nice for the organising committee to contact the owners of nearby caches and remind them to put plenty of log pages in their caches before the event. At the Dutch event in April, some huge multi logs with 200 or more spaces were filled in a day.

Already done !!!

Been on the list and locals reminded to "Upgrade boxes" ! Although how 200 signatures can be added to micro's we are a bit unsure ! Oh well if the new logs do fill up we will have to rely on cachers replacing the log papers on the day ! (HINT ! - take some paper with you !)

For caches on the To do list !

Watch the book marks on the mega event caching page...

I have started to pop on book marks... at current there are a couple of book marks for all the local walkable caches (incluing the new ones released for the event), one for a great countryside walk near harrogate.

Shortly there will be further ones added (a) near the camping event - very rural and yes I am planning (;) Our top 10/20 caches in the nearby vacinity...

So watch the cache page...

Robin

Beside the one Mandy mentioned which I whole heartily agree with there is this one GC1CAQT (although I have not found this one but have found the original) in Harrogate but bear in mind if you do it on the weekend you will not be providing amusement to the offices workers during your search for it. ;)

Having done some of the simpler (?) caches in the area, I recommend GCRH74, though my 5-year old daughter would disagree with the distance quoted.

Another one I quite liked was GC13HKP. The cache location isn't brilliant, but the puzzle is ingenious! Without wanting to give too much away, that one probably won't appear on a list of caches near to Harrogate (depends on your definition of near), but rest assured it is somewhere close! Just watch out for Disco-driving yuppies ;)

Ahh, so you have already met Mandy!! ;);)

I bet she doesn't threaten you with the bottle of red stuff! Eh? Sue.

What will your fate be? ;)

P

ACTUALLY I divvent drive the Disco thats Graham's toy, my Daisy is just a little 106............and Sue's fate........umm a bottle of Buckie will do nicely please. :D

What specialities do the BRUMMIES have then Paul?

Edited by Us 4 and Jess

I lived near the village of Darley about 12 miles west of Harrogate. I did not know about Geocaching then. Gutted it a real stunning part of britain and lots of so caches,so any cache should be a pleasure. I'd reccommend the area around Thruscross resevoir as this was my favorite places to go for a run. Its about 5 miles round trip around the resevoir. Awesome walk.

TheWhoUK

Cache size -Nano

Log book is in ammo can 50 feet west of cache.

;)