USAPhotoMaps and GPSMAP 60 or 76CSX

Yes,

There are map creation utilities for Garmins and Magellans, check some user groups I mention on my web page. Any source of digital raster/vector or bitmap maps can be possibly converted to something that can be loaded onto a GPS. But it's a lot of work.

And No,

Actual photos will not be possible to load to any Garmin or Magellan. For those you will have to buy a Delorme GPS.

To avoid the hassle of all that work, I can say that there are at least 7 threads in this part of the Groundspeak forum that mention free maps you can load currently, already made by someone else.

Edited by trainlove

The first line of your link said this:

"Display GPS Tracks and Waypoints on Aerial Photos or Topo maps"

So to me it simply allows your tracks to overlay photos. Clearly those photos need coordinates to provide track registration. Do you have such photos? or know where to get them?

The first line of your link said this:

"Display GPS Tracks and Waypoints on Aerial Photos or Topo maps"

So to me it simply allows your tracks to overlay photos. Clearly those photos need coordinates to provide track registration. Do you have such photos? or know where to get them?

Went back to the site to double check and found while quickly skimming the page I linked to

"USAPhotoMaps will automatically download aerial photos or topo maps from Microsoft's Terraserver from a simple Coordinate starting point, and then fill up the screen with as much map info as you desire -or your computer can hold! "

The large print is kind of rude don't you think