'MWGB Mystery Parrot' Coin

MWGB Mystery Parrot

Hello all! I will be flying in dropping all 80 of my mystery coins during this weekend so look in the sky for me dropping my coins. You might find them in caches, on tables, chairs, or even on the ground so look out for them!!!

Good luck!, The MWGB Mystery Parrot!

Wow, that is great news stop in enjoy your time at MWGB as we will be there and hope you will say Hi. We will be there early and will be Volunteering, please stop in at our Camper or campground. Would be a honor. You wont miss our campsite B19, hope that is the number but we will have our geo parrot/Afrifican Grey parrot with us, Bella would love to meet you.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife
So I should really and seriously be looking for bird droppings? LMAO I think this would be the first time I would be hoping to get one on the head!!!!! :D:lol::D
Beverly, Val and I lauphed so hard when we read this, almost like rolling on the floor kinda lauph. You are so funny our friend.

If you want to see a blueprint of my coin, please look at my profile!
We already looked at your profile and I am so hoping that since my wifes favorite color, which she even trades and purchases coins with blue or alot of blue on them, they always seem to catch her eye is blue that she gets a chance to get a blue parrot. They are beautiful coins from what they look like tho, good job MWGB Mystery Parrot.

Barry of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife

If you want to see a blueprint of my coin, please look at my profile!

Wow...wonder what a parrot has to eat to um..."create" droppings like that?? :D MWGB will be here before we know it...we cannot wait!

That is a very good question me thinks! ;);):D;)

If he is a pirate parrot maybe he had one too many nails.

I can't wait either!!!

WOW! A mystry parrot???? Unfortunatelly I am too far away, in Greece, but I hope for one to kepp company to my small geoparrots! ;)

DSC00412.jpg

Hey! We have a nice weather for parrots here in Rhodes, and he will find many parrots free too! I do not know how, probably parrots that escaped from cages, and.... ;)

Also for those who would like to know, the coin is 1.25" and 2.5 mm thick.
Thank You for letting us all know that. They are very beautiful coins and like we said please stop by at our campsite if you get a chance we love to trade with your fou our parrot geocoin we are having made as well. I think You and Bella would get along great :ph34r:

This weekend at the Bash on the first day, I did see a real live parrot but after inspecting the droppings I decided it really wasn't the Mystery Parrot after all. Those droppings didn't look anything at all like a little tiny parrot but I will spare you the description. :) After ruling that bird out as the source I sometimes watched where I sat and stepped etc to look out for the bird droppings. Never saw anything but then again I didn't remember very often to look. Then I thought maybe I should hang out by the parrots at the parrot show.

I was working at the Silent Auction on Saturday at the MWGB. I had set up my old, old laptop while there because I was going through internet withdrawal. :) (Hey I was trying to set up a trade!) When I had a minute I checked the laptop to see if I could connect. I never did see the parrot fly over head but on one of my laptop checks I found a bird dropping on my laptop. :blink: Yep it was the infamous MWGB Mystery Parrot coin in red and #17 (very cool number BTW!)!!!!!!! This is one bird droppping that I was happy to find. I never did get that email sent but finding the coin was well worth it.

Thank you MWGB Mystery Parrot I just loved finding that dropping!!! :D

I was working at the Silent Auction on Saturday at the MWGB. I had set up my old, old laptop while there because I was going through internet withdrawal. :D (Hey I was trying to set up a trade!) When I had a minute I checked the laptop to see if I could connect. I never did see the parrot fly over head but on one of my laptop checks I found a bird dropping on my laptop. :) Yep it was the infamous MWGB Mystery Parrot coin in red and #17 (very cool number BTW!)!!!!!!! This is one bird droppping that I was happy to find. I never did get that email sent but finding the coin was well worth it.

Congrats Beverly that's so cool. Love to hear if others found bird droppings, since I couldn't be there I can at least enjoy the stories :blink:

Edited by backhiker

I was sitting with TMA & Clamm on Saturday night watching them trade with others and sneaking a look at some really cool trader coins at the same time. The table was really busy with people coming & going & wanting to trade. At one point Tank Hounds (I think it was Sue - I was pretty tired by that point) walked over to tell me something & then pointed down to the table. There was the most adorable little blue MWGB Mystery parrot sitting next to my bag of coins on the table. :D And then a little while later another blue one showed up on the other side of my bag as I was talking to Sarah - Crowsfeat30. I was glad to hand that one to her. Pretty darn cool!

Thank you MWGB Mystery Parrot for bringing some more fun to such an awesome event! We are honored & thrilled to have received your coin.

We also were getting ready to spread our coins out on a trade table and I put my box-o-coins on the table, turned and spoke to someone and when I turned back around there was the parrot lying on the edge of the table, #6. I don't know how it got there but it was there. Thanks for making this weekend a memorable time and one that put a smile on my face.

We were in the Merchants building and all of a sudden someone walked passed my husband and he said go look at the table turned around and no one there he knew, looked at the table and lone behold there was a mystery MWGB blue parrot coin siting there. Wow, thank you so much MWGB Mystery Parrot for making this a highlight of the funfilled weekend there in Kendallville IN. This coin is beautiful and will always remain in our collection for a lifetime.

We like to congradulate everyone else who received a Mystery Parrot coin at MWGB also.

I was sitting with TMA & Clamm on Saturday night watching them trade with others and sneaking a look at some really cool trader coins at the same time. The table was really busy with people coming & going & wanting to trade. At one point Tank Hounds (I think it was Sue - I was pretty tired by that point) walked over to tell me something & then pointed down to the table. There was the most adorable little blue MWGB Mystery parrot sitting next to my bag of coins on the table. :D And then a little while later another blue one showed up on the other side of my bag as I was talking to Sarah - Crowsfeat30. I was glad to hand that one to her. Pretty darn cool!

Thank you MWGB Mystery Parrot for bringing some more fun to such an awesome event! We are honored & thrilled to have received your coin.

Yep, I was the recipiant of GPX Navigator's generosity that night - Thank you so much! :) I put the li'l bird in my pocket for safe keeping but when I went to bring it out to show to my b/f, Strider, I couldn't find it!!! Emptied ALL of my pockets (and boy did I have a lot of pockets to empty of a lot of stuff...) and no sign of it! :) I wanted to cry! :) Then I spotted it on the edge of the table. Must have fallen out during my frantic search. Whew!!! :D However, when I got back to my hotel room and emptied my pockets again TWO identical li'l parrots fell out onto my bed! :) So somehow I ended up with an extra parrot! :) I am going to send the extra one on to someone. I don't know who yet but someone will be getting one in the mail. Thank you, Mystery Parrot, for your lovely Parrots! :D I never saw a red one but the blue one is just lovely. I'm not quite sure how I ended up with two but I will quickly send one onward to another person! B)

CF30

Yep, I was the recipiant of GPX Navigator's generosity that night - Thank you so much! :) I put the li'l bird in my pocket for safe keeping but when I went to bring it out to show to my b/f, Strider, I couldn't find it!!! Emptied ALL of my pockets (and boy did I have a lot of pockets to empty of a lot of stuff...) and no sign of it! :) I wanted to cry! :) Then I spotted it on the edge of the table. Must have fallen out during my frantic search. Whew!!! :D However, when I got back to my hotel room and emptied my pockets again TWO identical li'l parrots fell out onto my bed! :) So somehow I ended up with an extra parrot! :) I am going to send the extra one on to someone. I don't know who yet but someone will be getting one in the mail. Thank you, Mystery Parrot, for your lovely Parrots! :D I never saw a red one but the blue one is just lovely. I'm not quite sure how I ended up with two but I will quickly send one onward to another person! B)

CF30

I would have been instantly in tears if I had the coin and thought I lost it. CONGRATULATIONS on finding it back. Remember to have deeper pockets next year.

CONGRATULATIONS to all those who found a dropping.

Congrats to everyone who found a mystery parrot!

I didn't think that I was one of the lucky ones to receive a parrot, but on the long drive home from Indiana to New York, I was looking through my coin box, and I saw a loose coin at the bottom. I picked it up thinking it was one of my trades, but it was a mystery parrot! ;)

Here is my mystery parrot with the other mystery coins from the MWGB :P

DSC_0403.jpg

Congrats to everyone who found a mystery parrot!

I didn't think that I was one of the lucky ones to receive a parrot, but on the long drive home from Indiana to New York, I was looking through my coin box, and I saw a loose coin at the bottom. I picked it up thinking it was one of my trades, but it was a mystery parrot! :P

Here is my mystery parrot with the other mystery coins from the MWGB :P

Wow nice collection! You must be very happy ;)

Yep, I was the recipiant of GPX Navigator's generosity that night - Thank you so much! :D I put the li'l bird in my pocket for safe keeping but when I went to bring it out to show to my b/f, Strider, I couldn't find it!!! Emptied ALL of my pockets (and boy did I have a lot of pockets to empty of a lot of stuff...) and no sign of it! ;) I wanted to cry! :D Then I spotted it on the edge of the table. Must have fallen out during my frantic search. Whew!!! :D However, when I got back to my hotel room and emptied my pockets again TWO identical li'l parrots fell out onto my bed! :P So somehow I ended up with an extra parrot! :D I am going to send the extra one on to someone. I don't know who yet but someone will be getting one in the mail. Thank you, Mystery Parrot, for your lovely Parrots! :P I never saw a red one but the blue one is just lovely. I'm not quite sure how I ended up with two but I will quickly send one onward to another person! :)

CF30

I did about the exact same thing. When I got home I was putting all my booty in a box and I couldn't find the parrot. I looked everywhere and I WAS in tears. I knew I had put it in my shorts pocket and even which pocket even though they had about 10. I checked those pockets 3 times at least and tore the rest of my luggage apart but no parrot. I was resigned to the fact it was gone. I decided to check one more time and there it was all scrunched down in the dark recesses of THE pocket that had already been checked three times. Was I ever relieved. Maybe I should check the pockets again--who knows what I might find LOL

I was walking through the main drag on Friday afternoon when I happened to look down and see something on the ground. When I bent over to pick it up I saw that it was a blue parrot. On Saturday night while at the trading area I was talking with someone and when I went to pick up my trade box I saw that there was a little gift in the box. This time it was a red bird.

Thank you Mystery Parrot.