COINTEST: Patriotic 4th of July Cointest!

Nochipra

Ok, the 4th of July is just around the corner so let's show our patriotism and tell our men and women in the armed forces what they mean to us. I will be giving away an unactivated coin from our collection to the post we like the best. Post a picture of yourself or family member with a patriotic theme and you must include a message to the men and women of our armed services telling them how much you appreciate what they are doing for us and our country or it will not count. Please don't get political, just wish our troops a safe time while they are on tour and a safe journey home. Cointest will end at Midnight EST on JULY 4.

Edited by Nochipra

when we where on a holiday in scotland we saw this beautiful statue that stand for all the fallen soldiers .

i`t remembers me that out there a lot of men or woman are risks them lives for us.

BOYS and GIRLS somewhere in the world look at the stars and remember that the every little sprankel star is a family member that think of you.

come home safe so that your family can hold you in there arms again.

d15401c6-fc47-4a23-9d6d-5e51365e2f27.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot, if you are in a different country and still would like to participate that's fine. I'll accept pics of monuments you took on vactions even if you are not in them but only pics that you took, no internet pics. The message you give to the men and women who serve no matter what country you are in is the most important part but the one's with pics will be looked at first.

What It Means to Be an American

To believe in the promise

of a better tomorrow,

and stand united in our efforts

to give a peaceful nation

to our children...

To honor each other's differences

and cherish the richness of our history,

even as it continues to unfold

from sea to shining sea...

To love deeply

our friends and family, day by day,

and never take for granted

the privilege of calling ourselves American.

America —

we are more than a people,

we are a family.

Happy 4th of July everyone, God Bless you all.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

On this July 4th, 2008 ~ my humble and sincere thanks goes out to all men and women who have served or are serving in the US Military! Freedom is not Free!

Many people live throughout the World without being free. I am thankful the USA allows us to travel freely and enjoy this great Land.

Below you will view a tiny glimpse of my state and a new cacher, I am helping, Codi590 with her Grandfather. They are standing on the pier, Warren Island State Park, enjoying a view of Grandfather's sailboat the Aurora. We sailed out to the island and Codi found the two caches there.

This was just such a wonderful shot with the flags in the background.

GEDC0358.jpg

Again - thank you to all our men and women who have served and are serving!

And thanks for the cointest!

As someone who is currently serving with the Canadian Forces, I know how much the work put forth by everyone in service to their country means. As well I know how much strength, acceptance and sacrifice is made by the family members of those serving overseas. EVERYONE that is involved with defending the rights and freedoms of all citizens should be thanked for what they have done and are currently doing.

Most importantly, I feel it's EVERYONE'S responsibility to take the time and remember the ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice by giving their lives for the protection of their country.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;

Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

13176606-dc0e-40e6-be18-bbaa991f9bf7.jpg

As someone who is currently serving with the Canadian Forces, I know how much the work put forth by everyone in service to their country means. As well I know how much strength, acceptance and sacrifice is made by the family members of those serving overseas. EVERYONE that is involved with defending the rights and freedoms of all citizens should be thanked for what they have done and are currently doing.

Most importantly, I feel it's EVERYONE'S responsibility to take the time and remember the ones who have made the ultimate sacrifice by giving their lives for the protection of their country.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;

Age shall not weary them, nor the years contemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

13176606-dc0e-40e6-be18-bbaa991f9bf7.jpg

A lovely post and awesome photo - and I hope mine did not offend anyone in the service of another country. You, too, are doing the most you can to ensure Freedom at home and around the World. Thank you one and all!

I'm posting but I'm not officially entering ;) Thought it might be kinda fun to add a couple pics to the group.

I did my patriotic duty awhile back, here's a couple of fun pictures (I had to take a picture of the picture). The first one is me in Germany, I was an MP stationed in Mannheim. The second one is 2 pics, the top was me and a buddy who loved to 'camo up' for any mission :D The bottom part is me in Basic Training, I thought I was pretty tough back then, i guess not much has changed, lmao. I had a good time in the Army!

As far as a message goes to the Troops, I don't think there is anything I can express in words that adequately relays how I feel. I just want to see them all come home safely and Thank you.

Happy 4th of July/ Happy Birthday America ;)

Patriotic1.jpg

Patriotic3.jpg

Mr TH is about to retire from the Army after 21 years...so this is a subject that is near and dear to our hearts. We definitely wish the troops safety and that they all come home safe and sound.

With that in mind...one of our Tank Hound pics...and thus why we are named the way we are...

CA722XZF.jpg

This one is of Mr TH as a Drill Sergeant on one of the obstacles.

119.jpg

And this one is team work...privates in Basic training helping each other on an obstacle

30.jpg

There is alot of pictures and stories here that really are so wonderful to read. We wanted to thank each and everyone of you who have shared something in this thread, as it really does hit close to our heart. God bless them troops over there for doing what they are doing and we wish them all a safe return home. These pictures and stories sure made us cry, knowing how many inacent people die each day, but we know they are dying as hero's and are doing what they do best as they are fighting for our country. God Bless America, My Home Sweet Home.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

Edited by sweetlife

My dear friends Nora & Chip (I hope I wrote the names correctly!), I am so sorry, I do not have any photos with statues, or any memorials for USA army to show! Here in Rhodes, we mostly had British troops etc!

I would like to participate in this cointest with something I found in youTube, if that is ok! I know that you do not want photos from the net, but this is a video with photos...well you will see for what I am talking about!

soldiers are all brothers! Men who take orders and without saying anything, are going to wars, for away from home, many die, many get injured, so we can now be free and safe!

We were together in Korea, we were together in other places too!

Many Greeks joined the USA army fought, and some died for the USA and covered with the USA flag!

Many are still in the USA army!

Allies, friends, brother in arms! I wish to your troops a safe time while they are on tour and a safe journey home! B)

I will post the link to see it! I hope you like it! Ok, it is about Greek soldier heroes, (I can not cut these, sorry!), but you will see some familiar faces too! Some Greeks who were in the US forces... ;)

One is very famous in USA! His name...Klonis!! USA honored him with stamps too! I wish I had them but...

You will also see the Greek forces in Korea! Same helmets, same uniforms...same blood spilled for freedom!

**the title is from: WINSTON CHURCHILL QUOTES about Greeks and their fights in WWII. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-CchAEAQuM

These are pic's of my daughters Air Cadet Squadron in Trenton, Nova Scotia Squadron

# 397

We are so proud of her ;) she will train to fly this coming year....

Pictures150.gif

Pictures153.gif

Pictures154.gif

Pictures177.gif

Pictures183.gif

In Flanders fields the poppies blow

Between the crosses, row on row,

That mark our place; and in the sky

The larks, still bravely singing, fly

Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago

We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,

Loved and were loved, and now we lie

In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:

To you from failing hands we throw

The torch; be yours to hold it high.

If ye break faith with us who die

We shall not sleep,

though poppies grow

In Flanders fields.

May god bless and watch over our troops and allow each and everyone to come home safe to their loved ones.

support-our-troops-yellow.png

Thank you to all the men and women who serve, have served, and have given their lives protecting our freedom. Thank you just does not seem like enough but you have our gratitude and admiration. Words cannot express how we feel but we support you and pray for you.

You know I always have to post a penguin. It's a cousin....

penguinstripes.jpg

And I love this one;

patriotic_0eagle-storm0at.gif

Here's an old pic of our now 3 yr old. It was originally for the White Jeep Contest! Enjoy

Also, the other pics of active members are very moving. I'm especially touched by the post by "DaFunkyFrogs", God Bless Your cousin for making the ultimate sacrifice. I was never in the military, but many of our family members were and are still active duty in "Western Europe".

3e71fd0a-34bc-4e33-b6b6-fbb47f950ef7.jpg

Here's one of the most patriotic pictures I've seen. This is my Flight Superintendant, currently in Iraq (we both volunteered, but he got picked). He's sitting in one of Saddam's thrones.

DSC00014.jpg

I would like to thank all of you for your support. It really does mean alot.

- Joe

Edited by Clandoyle

Ok, the 4th of July is just around the corner so let's show our patriotism and tell our men and women in the armed forces what they mean to us. I will be giving away an unactivated coin from our collection to the post we like the best. Post a picture of yourself or family member with a patriotic theme and you must include a message to the men and women of our armed services telling them how much you appreciate what they are doing for us and our country or it will not count. Please don't get political, just wish our troops a safe time while they are on tour and a safe journey home. Cointest will end at Midnight EST on JULY 4.

:)

"And I’m proud to be an American where at least I know I’m free.

And I won’t forget the men who died, who gave that right to me.

And I’d gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today.

‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land God bless the U.S.A."

sailor.jpg

Thank you for keeping US free !

No picture, just want our soldiers to know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Thank you for serving our country! God bless you always-- busternfruss Newnan, GA 30263

Thank you everyone for posting and showing your support for the troops everywhere! Your contributions to your countries and the safety of this world is greatly appreciated by all of us! I have picked a name for the contest winner. I just wish I had enough coins to send to everyone, but unfortunately I don't. I'm sure all the men and women who serve in the armed forces appreciate you kind words and well wishes. Please take care of yourselves no matter where you are and I hope you had a woderful 4th of July!!! I will get the coin out to the winner on Monday or Tues. at the latest. I'll make it a surprise to the winner :D

No pictures here but I also wanted to show my support for all the wonderful people serving our country and also to their families who sacrifice so much. I deeply appreciate what goes into making this a such a free country.

These are wonderful posts. Thanks for all the great pictures. CONGRATULATIONS to the winner whoever you might be.

I was going to let it be a surprise but I guess I'll let you all know. The winner is...............

Drum roll please........................

CLANDOYLE - I have your package ready and I am getting ready to go to the P.O. now and send it off. Thank you so much for service in our armed forces and for helping protect us in an uncertain world. Your picture stired up emotions in my mind about the kind of world we live in and the kind of people that are out there that would like to see the world in turmoil. I want to thank everyone who posted pictures and especially thank those who made the ultimate sacrifice for our country. I wish I had enough coins to send everyone but unfortunately I don't. Thank you all :ph34r: