Visiting San Francisco

We'll be vacationing in California next month and are currently trying to finalise our plans.

We've already got the first week booked just north of LA and there are tons of caching opportunities there. We then have a remaining 7 days before we fly back to the UK from SFO and are looking for caching suggestions.

We'll be wanting to do the usual touristy things in San Francisco at the end of the vacation. I imagine we would do some downtown caches while being tourists. It's the bit in between leaving LA and being the last few day or two in downtown San Francisco we are interested in.

We're looking for suggestions on the best places to go with the aim of maximising numbers (it is all about the numbers sometimes :D). We're not too worried where we go as long as it's not a bad neighborhood and does not have to be limited to the downtown San Francisco area. We're not too bothered about caches that are must do's (although it would be nice to work some into the schedule) - more the nice easy ones that rack up as many numbers as we can.

For background, we are a family of 4 from the UK - children are 9 and 8 and well used to caching. We're more than happy to stay out caching all day if needs be. We do love scenic and harder caches too but our aim while caching on vacation is number runs.

I'm not sure if there is a local forum for the area I can post my request to as well?

Any advice would be really appreciated :lol:.

Not at all. Some of the friendliest and most welcoming cachers we have ever met. We absolutely loved the two events we went to there :D.

Thanks for the great suggestions so far. Now the children are in bed I can have a good look through them and also join the local forums and post there.

Well, I'm glad we didn't scare you off the last time you were here! I hope this vist goes well, also!

Edited by The Bolas Heathens