What is the best swag you have found?

Best swag for me is always tapes and cassettes. Personal favorite is a giant Bartman from the simpsons button. Found about 10 bucks in acache at better caches but left it or traded up.

Usually for making a cache, if I'm low on swag I'll make a stop at the peddlers mall and blow about 4 or 5 bucks on nice swag for it

The best thing we ever found was in one of the 1st caches we found 5 years ago.

It was a Roads & Recreation Map CD ROM for Garmin GPSr's. We had just purchased our 1st GPSr--an eTrex Legend and did not have maps for it yet. This was perfect and saved us $100 at the time.

Edited by GrnXnham

Best found was a FTF bag filled with personal items from a Navy Officer including a ship coin.

Really love a gold dabloon found recently and I carry it everywhere. It has the same weight as a good geocoin and looks great.

Found $20.00 in a cache a couple of months ago.

Most I have spent on a cache is about $40.00 in swag for my GTLD secret stash.

Working on a pirate themed cache that will involve a rather interesting ammo box with a solar powered light to retrieve coords and ordering $80.00 in replica coins. Should be an interesting cache when complete. :D

A brand new fleece hat on a cold and windy day :D

how much on setting a cache? just broke the $400 mark last night and climbing :D should be ready before summer is over though! :lol:

oh, making a cache? Ammocan $5, Swag $30, Geocoins $20 or so. I guess about $50-55 for a harder to find cache. A little less for an everyday ammocan cache. the least is probably $1 for a bison capsule (ebay) and 20 hours of gluing pine cone remanants back together :D

Geocoins have been the best swag for me, but best FTF 'prize' was the view of Rainer from Shellrock Peak on a perfect day.

2590086429_2c033fe687.jpg

This was taken sitting in the shelter at the peak near the cache while we signed the summit log. We even managed first to summit for the year (at least by the registry ;)) Sure, it's not *really* swag, but some rewards you just can't fit in an ammo can ;)

The most we've ever spent on a cache was about $30-40, aside from an event cache.

> What is the best swag you have found?

I haven't found anything I'd consider "good", but I have reputation among friends for finding old pieces of discarded clothing on the way to caches.

My prize for worst swag? I once found a pair of XL men's briefs that were worn down to the waistband.

best swag found?

$100 bill

$2.50 in change on laminated card, as a gift to celebrate my 250th find (it was a while ago, back when 250 meant something).

handmade signature medallions

personal coins (back when every tom, dick, and harriett didn't have one).

best placed?

nice silver jewelry

handmade kaleidoscopes

bag of interesting foreign coins

trinkets from the smithsonian catalog

a little something from tiffany's, still in the light blue case.

gift certificate for world's best hot chocolate and world's best cinnamon bun.

Edited by flask

This was the FTF prize for finding the final of a 23 cache series (made up of 16 traditionals an 7 puzzles). I have to share, but it is really cool:

f7ede0b3-ac2f-42f6-bd92-38b7b87b31fb.jpg

I can't remember the material (I want to say pyrite, but that's a rock I think), and the image is laser etched on the back. Weighs a ton!

Maybe not the 'best' but the most useful. I found a bicycle horn. It came in very handy on my foggy 3 mile paddle back from the cache. I don't care if I did sound like PeeWee Herman paddling on the lake. I didn't get hit by a bigger boat.

Honestly, in the 56 caches we have found, aside from TBs everything we have found has been crap. It has been little trinkets from the throw away pile and more often than not they are dirty from the cache not being properly closed. When I first started I really found the trading items to be cool, but now I don't even bother bringing anything out but TBs anymore.

If I had to choose, some wetnaps were probably the best after I had stepped in a puddle of mud on the way to find the cache.

Edited by StClairC

The best thing I have found was a roundtrip airline ticket to anywhere Southwest flies. I used it for a three week solo vacation from Louisville>California>Louisville three years ago. Approximate value $300.

The best thing I have left in a cache is a particular geocoin that later went for over $1000 in a charity auction.

Peace,

Show Me The Cache

Louisville, KY

expensive stuff is nice, but the things I love finding in caches are things I can use to find other caches.

Examples:

a compact mirror: used to look under those metal benches

CITO bags: always good to cito

a wind up flashlight: my batteries always seemed to be dead

a compass: for those caches that require you to use one

geocaching lanyard: to hold my GPS

small sunscreen bottles: you always seem to forget it

bug spray: dang mosquitos!

hand sanitizer: just in case...

1st aid kit: I always need it.

climbers latch: to put on your keychain so you can attach it to yourself and NOT leave them in the trunk....long story.

gardening gloves: so you can get those caches hidden by people who thought rose bushes and blackberry bushes were a GOOD idea...

believe it or not...a box of ziploc freezer bags: good for caches.

This was the FTF prize for finding the final of a 23 cache series (made up of 16 traditionals an 7 puzzles). I have to share, but it is really cool:

f7ede0b3-ac2f-42f6-bd92-38b7b87b31fb.jpg

I can't remember the material (I want to say pyrite, but that's a rock I think), and the image is laser etched on the back. Weighs a ton!

this is the best yet! congrats on all the finds to get to this cache!

rsg

There was an older digital camera in one...I left it since I did not need/want one. I have seen video games (PS3, Xbox) CD's and tapes (I like to leave tapes) but the best things have been things I should have but didn't have at the time: A compass with a velcro loop, a hikers towel (like a chamois cloth), PI wipes and the like. I think practical things are smart...I would go crazy if I found a good multi tool!

Oh, interesting cache containers as swag is nice, too.

Edited by mcwtlg

I think practical things are smart...I would go crazy if I found a good multi tool!

I have never been so proud than the cachers in my community. For my Getting the Lowe Down #3: Secret Cache. People have left or traded up every time including a couple of brand spanking new multi tools... I go out of my way to make sure my caches are stocked but this one in particular has self sustained and then some. :ph34r:

I've left multi-tools as FTF prizes. Lottery tickets are nice, I found a lottery ticket as a FTF prize once... won a few dollars.

Left an old Caesar's Palace $1 gaming token in a Roman-themed cache once as an FTF prize - I'm not sure how that was received, but I thought it was pretty cool!

I've left multi-tools as FTF prizes. <snip>

:D:D:D :D :D:D:ph34r::D:P

Multi-tools have knives... you know better than to leave those in caches.

(yes the guideline sounds silly but there are good reasons for it)

:D well, I only really did it once... and that was nearly two years ago... I can't afford to leave such good ftf prizes normally. :D