Install Tomtom Navigator 5 maps to Palm's SD card fast

I had previously loaded a California and Arizona map into my Palm using Bluetooth Hotsync, and the wait was outrageously long... hours. Today I wanted to load several other states and state combo maps, and the first took a loooooong time to go from 0% to 1%. I said to myself there has to be a better way. So after a lot of Google searching, I came up with this answer for how to directly load to the SD card. Now perhaps your documentation tells you how to do this, but mine did not. Keep in mind that I'm using the Tomtom Setup installer for Mac, not PC, but the procedure should be similar. [The Macintosh Tomtom cd software is a joke. The setup software doesn't work, so you have to download one that does, and the CDs are buggy and keep switching the CD numbers the maps are supposed to be on so you have to do stupid back and forth CD shuffles.]

How to load Navigator 5 maps via a card reader

Tomtom Navigator 5 software must be installed on the Palm.

Insert the Palm's card into a card reader and make sure the card appears on your computer.

1 - start the Tomtom Setup software [from your HD, not the CD, at least if using a Mac]

2 - insert a map CD

3 - agree to the EULA

4 - select Palm Powered-Handheld

5 - select Add maps

6 - select the map you want to install (you may have to change CDs). Remember there are many more choice via "Other."

7 - select the Choose button [or perhaps on PC: Other Location (Advanced) ]

8 - select your Palm storage card (SD card) [on the Devices list on Mac]

9 - select Choose [or whatever the PC equivalent] Do not select a folder in the card, just select the card.

10 - your maps should load much faster this way... a couple minutes rather than hours. Wait until all files load. There are about 11. The software will let you know when installation is finished.

Bye bye loading maps via Hotsync! Good ridance.

Parsa