Geocaching Adventure

Followers 1

My son and I just got back from a 3 day 2 night cub scout resident camp in the Black Hills. This year I wanted to do something for the youngsters during our down time. I hid a couple of temp geocaches around camp and gave them instruction on mapping, geocaching and using a GPS. I set them loose with a couple of GPS devises and they had a blast. I had a FTF prize for the finder and the container was full of swag for all the kids in the entire pack to share. Soon they didn't care about the swag, they just wanted me to keep rehiding the containers so they could find it. We have another camping trip planed this summer so I am looking forward to setting something up again and letting them have fun. :)

The look in the kids eyes that found the cache was priceless! ;)

The look in the kids eyes that found the cache was priceless! ;)

Great! This would involve some work but you may want to do a pictocache or pictocache/regular cache hybrid too. What they are is using a GPSr to find a starting point then using photographs with trees etc. marked (only in the pics of course) for the kids to follow here to there. The cache, or a coord to the cache etc., is at the end. I've redone the pics of this pictocache, they are a lot better now, but you can get the idea here anyway.

-it

Followers 1