Geocoin Art Design not completed

georeyna

Very wrong Redshoesgirl! That painting was of Spectacular Bid winning the 1980 Washington Handicap at Arlington International Racetrack (edited to credit proper race won). And, does that make them not art? :D

Sigh... Im guessing that the ABILITY to do paintings if you are inspired by something makes you no longer an artist. You have to do something completely unrecognizable and abstract to be a true 'artist' - nothing at all recognizable or 'inspired by'. Hmm and to think I have a hard time viewing most abstract work as 'art'.

I guess its time for all artists to hang it up - its all been done folks. Throw in the towel.... we're all copying something apparently, or its just not art. (!??!?)

Regardless of what Im painting, or drawing, my point is, I have the ability to do it, and don't need photoshop, or others art. My next design I have planned is something pretty incredible. And, those who collect my coins should be very happy. (And those are the folks I design for.)

Give us a break. You have ability, but you always seem to be taking an angle or short cut to make the quick buck and throwing your skills aside. You took the Lady Luck, threw a GPS in her hand and pretended it was something new and your idea. You even tried to defend those actions claiming it was new art like we were too stupid to see the what you did. I could go on with other designs you have done, but it's a waste of my time becasue you refuse to own up to anything. Get a grip on reality and stop trying to defend your actions. For once stand up like a responsible buisness owner and own up to what you have done to people and what you continue to do.

I'm sorry I missed the part the part where I spoke about your chat room in my post? If you really want to go there, yeah, coming in under the name NUST (tsun spelled backwards), Cowboy and Montana must have really been confusing huh? Seems everyone knew who I was because those are all names associated with me. I can think of a very good buddy of yours who came in under other people's caching names and you allowed him too continue to do it while a number of us told him to knock it off yet you don't trust me, that's laughable. Good try on trying to make me look bad. I come into the new chat under 'nutella', I know, that's so deceitful :D

I thought I was the only one with this issue.

Paula you allowed one of your MODs to log in under my name and pretened to be me all the while knowing I had never been in that chat before and never went in afterwards. You can say you weren't aware of this, but since you logged every chat session and saved and read everyones PMs, yeah I bet alot of people thought private message actually meant private message not private except for Paula to read, so where does your ethics stand?

I have not doubted your ability as an artist to convey what you see onto canvas/paper whether by oil, pencil or whatever medium you prefer. However, to pass those off as "original" is wrong in my opinion. This thread is NOT about artist ability---This thread is about business practices and ethics. Many people have said the same thing--they contracted for work that was never completed. Refunds were asked for and never received--only excuses. I think the only way the OP received her refund was because it was brought here into the light of day. I wonder how many of those that you have taken the money from and not produced the commissioned art have been refunded also who haven't posted publicly. If you are going to stay in business those things need to be addressed.

Edited by LadyBee4T

I’ve taken a break from this thread since it is so close to me. I went caching Thursday –certainly a great way to clear the head and, after all, isn’t that what all these forums are ultimately all about?

I was really surprised to see that somebody compared this to a vendetta. In my mind, that smacks of revenge – trying to get even or one up. I’m sorry to disappoint, but that is certainly not the case with me. I’m just trying to get what I paid for, which even after the partial refund, still hasn’t happened – I’m still looking for one coin side. Paula herself said in an e-mail to me, “I had completed a Kokopelli patterned design, and was working on completing the reverse side.” So Paula, I’ve paid you $50 bucks . . . where is the art? I left Paula with $50 bucks ‘cause I felt sorry for her, thinking she’d maybe actually done something. Obviously, I should never have felt sorry for her. Assuming I hear nothing from her concerning the one-coin-side design I paid for, I guess I should expect to see a Kokopelli coin out from GeoCoin Design in the near future.

But there also seems to be a bigger issue here . . . what’s right? Is it right that somebody should have our fingers pointed at them in a public forum? (Don’t forget, you don’t have to be a registered forum member to visit and read.) Or would it have been better for me to have not done anything and allowed others to fall into the same trap that we did, justifying that with something like, “I’m sure they will find out through the grapevine” or some other cop-out?

It’s my take that this was right. In one way, it’s a trial by a jury of your peers. One person makes a statement about another person. Initially, there is nothing supporting that statement except their word. But, one by one, others weigh in. If there had been no others with similar stories, the community’s response could easily have been to question why this had even been brought here, viewing it as a personal matter to be solved elsewhere between the two of them. But there were others in similar circumstances and we gradually weighed in, telling our stories, hopefully as honestly as we could. Surely, no reader could honestly believe that there is not a problem here. The only question might be as to the scope.

There is one other thing on my mind about this. Please don’t think that those of us who told our stories did this on a whim. It must have taken a lot of courage for georeynozos to start the thread, and I certainly thought before I posted here, not caring for the negativity it entailed. But I couldn’t just let somebody hang out there by herself, somebody who took a stance on a problem that I personally knew to be true. None of us got together and decided that we were out to get Paula, although rumors had already been brewing here and there. I had no foreknowledge of this thread.

For me, in the final analysis, I made a mistake. I should have dug deeper; I should have pushed harder, although none of this relieves Paula of her obligation in this matter. I know exactly what was agreed to and I know there was no question about it on either side. I have no vendetta against Paula. I have little problem with adopted art (unless original was agreed to) although copyrights are always of concern. I’ll continue to buy coins, although maybe a bit more conservatively, from CoinDesign.com unless I’m burned – then shame on me.

An addendum, as this was written last night so I could cogitate on it for a while:

I am in complete agreement as to what this thread is about. We are not discussing whether or not Paula’s art is art, stolen or otherwise, (I certainly am not knowledgeable enough in this area to pass a verdict here, even though my mother is an artist in her own right) except maybe as it applies to the possibility of stolen concepts. Unfortunately, that has been brought up here and, sadly only adds fuel to the fire. We are discussing money paid in advance for certain services that were never completed as agreed upon, understanding that each situation has its own unique set of circumstances.

So I’ll repeat my request yet again: Paula, I paid you $50 for work I thought you might have done. You yourself confirmed the existence of the completion of one side of a coin. I paid for that. I have not seen it. I expect it to be posted here or e-mailed to me.

Oh, and I’ll keep this thread updated as to the outcome as well.

I'm going to try to make only one more post here.

If you are interested in what happened on the www.geocoins.net site, you can go there. I believe the subject was re-mints. I'd provide a link, but I don't think that is allowed and I couldn't find it last night anyway. But you will see that I addressed her as an individual, and I was not the one who inferred that her post should hold any less weight than my own.

Basically, ya'll can judge for yourselves.

Edited by MustangJoni

I have decided to post a brief statement as to why I no longer use Paula to produce any of my designs. In early 2007 I had a coin that I needed help in putting together. The person I normally used to help draw my artwork had been under the weather and therefore was a bit behind in his work. In speaking to a few other artists, who were also very busy, I was given the name of a coin vendor who graciously offered to mint the coin for me and suggested Paula as someone who might be able to draw it for me.

I spoke with Paula and she assured me that she could put together my design in the manner I wanted in a timely fashion. She did a quick drawing of one area of the coin and I really liked her artwork so I paid her to finish the design. I then sent her all the information she would need to design the front side of that particular coin. The backside could only be completed once the front side was done. Over the next 3 months I had Paula put together a number of different coins for me. They were all done in a very timely fashion and I was satisfied with all of them. However, during that time period I continually asked her about the first coin I had hired her to do. I received a number of excuses along the way as to why the artwork was not completed. Throughout this process I was given the impression that she was working on the design and that it was almost finished. In early June I began asking her on a daily basis where my artwork was. I heard a number of times that she would email it to me the next day. I was very nice and polite throughout this entire process because I really wanted my artwork. However I did express my concern in an email about how long it was taking her to finish that one side of the design.

Finally I received the artwork for the front side of the coin and was extremely disappointed. It looked to me as if the design had been put together in just a matter of minutes and it was no where near what I had asked for. At this point I was extremely frustrated. I felt as if I had been lied to for 3 months time when I had been told that the design was being worked on. I contacted the coin vendor and spoke with him about it. He generously agreed to take my credit with Paula if she would not refund my money. I sent her an email letting her know I no longer would be using her services and that I would like my money back. Instead of returning my money she chose to take the credit with the coin vendor. Shortly thereafter I received a refund from the coin vendor. At that point I made the decision to no longer associate myself with Paula. I chose to terminate our business relationship and our friendship. There were other contributing factors to this decision but none of them belong here. The bottom line is I was mislead to believe that my coin was being worked on when it was obvious that it wasn't. That was unacceptable to me.

I have never disputed that I think Paula is a great artist and is very good at using Photoshop (or whatever program she uses). I have always praised Paula's artistic abilities to anyone who asks me. She is very good at what she does.

Well.. case closed 'Paula' will no longer be working for any outside clients. My choice, due to the fact that I too have had so many bad experiences.

There are two sides to every story, and I'm sure I could provide an earful on many of these people who seemed perfectly fine until a convenient bandwagon was made available for them to jump on.

Thats my take on it - no need for a sock puppet account. I have no issue saying my take on it.

Im hired for artwork - until I say, "It can't be done, it shouldn't be done, it will look horrible IF done, etc.." Then, Im often made out to be the bad guy.

People are why I like designing coins - but people are also why I will no longer work for others. I've gotten some emails for design requests during this whole hub-bub, and I might end up doing a few of them down the road - but I'm in no hurry to work for anyone else but myself right now.

I also contacted Paula towards the end of last year to design a coin for me and she said she would do it, but that at the time she was in the process of finishing up coins for others and she was busy with her child so it would be awhile before she could get to it. I contacted her 3 or 4 times within the next 3 months and was told yes she was still interested in doing it, but again was still to busy. No money changed hands, so I'm not out that way like others are, but what bothered me was she never, even to this day has gotten back to me. It made me very embarrassed because I had contacted Georgia from TCP to do the minting and I had to keep telling her that Paula hadn't gotten back to me. As it turned out, a personal loss happened in our family and we decided that we wanted to have another coin made, so for us her bad customer service worked out.

I can't imagine the moderators will let this topic go on much longer, so I'd just like to add that pghlooking's idea of a thread or site where designers and minters can be discussed or "rated" is a good one so problems like what is being said here are brought to light and can help those who are thinking of having a coin made.

Edited by BVnLJ

Well.. case closed 'Paula' will no longer be working for any outside clients....snipped...... and I might end up doing a few of them down the road - but I'm in no hurry to work for anyone else but myself right now.

you can't have it both ways. if there is a possibility that you may do work for others in the future, then don't say you are going to quit. that's like folks getting pissed off in a forum and saying they are never coming back then you see them around in a couple of weeks. laughable.

before you do anymore work for outside clients, take an ethics class on truth telling and what constitutes original art. oh and a business class too.

rsg

EVERYBODY READ

Checking on things over the long weekend. Many posts have gone off-topic and I commend the people that have kept it ON-topic.

LadyBee4T said it here:

This thread is NOT about artist ability---This thread is about business practices and ethics. Many people have said the same thing--they contracted for work that was never completed.

This thread is not about what anybody thinks about artistic ability, where inspiration comes from, who thinks who is a sock puppet or what was said in another chat room or website forum.

Future posts need to be ON TOPIC. This is a reminder (the only one) to all.

The topic at hand is "Geocoin art not completed".

I have been reading this from start to now and, for one, is amazed that they are letting it get this dirty. I think some of the people throwing the most mud probably has never done buisness with this person, they are just jumping on the band wagon. I really don't know Paula or even done business with her either. I looks like you are all wanting her to say sorry but it don't look like it is going to happen. What if she says sorry, is it going to get dropped? I doubt it. What else needs to be said there that hasn't already been addressed? :D

It's not so much what else needs to be said, but who else needs to say it. By that I mean that as the days go by more people come out of the shadows and share their experiences. This is important both for them (to get it out in the open) and for the rest of coiners (for buyer beware info.). Paula is already going back on the "I"m done working with other people" to "I'm in no hurry", so it is important that there is a complete list/record of all the people who have had problems, as she may be back doing it again in the future.

snipped....

but in the end if you want to get paid, the customer needs to be happy. :D

yeppers!

lara

AMEN!!! After owning a business for over 20 years, the customer is always right if they are paying the bills, hopefully they are willing to listen to advise now and again to keep from making me look horrible....

I have been reading this from start to now and, for one, is amazed that they are letting it get this dirty. I think some of the people throwing the most mud probably has never done buisness with this person, they are just jumping on the band wagon. I really don't know Paula or even done business with her either. I looks like you are all wanting her to say sorry but it don't look like it is going to happen. What if she says sorry, is it going to get dropped? I doubt it. What else needs to be said there that hasn't already been addressed? :D

I hope this will still aplly as ON TOPIC.

joranda and everyone else that thinks an apology know is not worth it,

I have to use an example of what happened to me, NON COIN RELATED, a few years ago.

I was renting a room from a lady and had a toolbox stored in the garage. I came home one day and found the toolbox out on the porch and it was broken. When I asked the lady about it she told me she had no idea what happened. Come to find out she took the tools out not knowing they were mine and was looking for a tool to use. When she placed everything back she broke it trying to close it.

When I discovered the truth I was even angier than I was when I found it broken. She never came forward after I was told the truth by someone else. If she would have told me upfront I would have told her, "That's alright, it happens." I would have been happy if she told me after the fact if she told we that she broke it as was sorry she was not up front about this fact in the begining.

An apology can go a long way. Even now it has a chance at easing some of the anger. The longer one waits the worse it gets.

By the way, the lady I was renting from was someone I called a friend. Someone I thought I could trust and we worked well together at our place of work. Never would I have thought she would have thought she needed to lie to me. There are other things that lead to our parting ways, but that was the begining.

I hope my example proves helpful.

maldar

I hope this will still aplly as ON TOPIC.

joranda and everyone else that thinks an apology know is not worth it,

I have to use an example of what happened to me, NON COIN RELATED, a few years ago.

I was renting a room from a lady and had a toolbox stored in the garage. I came home one day and found the toolbox out on the porch and it was broken. When I asked the lady about it she told me she had no idea what happened. Come to find out she took the tools out not knowing they were mine and was looking for a tool to use. When she placed everything back she broke it trying to close it.

When I discovered the truth I was even angier than I was when I found it broken. She never came forward after I was told the truth by someone else. If she would have told me upfront I would have told her, "That's alright, it happens." I would have been happy if she told me after the fact if she told we that she broke it as was sorry she was not up front about this fact in the begining.

An apology can go a long way. Even now it has a chance at easing some of the anger. The longer one waits the worse it gets.

By the way, the lady I was renting from was someone I called a friend. Someone I thought I could trust and we worked well together at our place of work. Never would I have thought she would have thought she needed to lie to me. There are other things that lead to our parting ways, but that was the begining.

I hope my example proves helpful.

maldar

So if Paula tells you she is sorry for not getting your design done in a timely manner that you will forgive her and do business with her again? :D

I was trying real hard to avoid posting to this thread but here I am and I will try to keep this short:

First I want to acknowledge that I like Paula, but there are those on the other side off the isle - some have posted here - that I equally admire. That being said I am appalled by the way many have conducted themselves in this thread.

Paula, you need to get over yourself, set your ego aside, and step up to the plate and do some serious damage control if it isn't to late to do so. You need to do this for your personal reputation as well as your business reputation if you don't want this issue to spill over to your "own design" coin sales. As someone already mentioned negative word of mouth fads much slower than positive word of mouth. Rather than putting the blame on the customer and making excuses deflecting your own culpability you should have immediately came out with a simple statement of sorts saying that you got in over your heading and it overwhelmed you. That you didn't want to disappoint your customer but you were afraid to come forward and admit this shortcoming and it snowballed out of control and you are very very sorry to those who were hurt or words to that effect........you get where I am going. As good PR you should have given a 100% refund and the art work completed to the OP for making him wait for over a year and to smooth things over. I suspect the OP would have been thrilled and despite a year long wait I suspect he would have had good things to say about how you dealt with the situation. I say these things to you because I like you not because I want to hurt you.

To some of the posters here - some who I admire alot - I am disappointed that this has turned into a lynch mob of sorts. Understand, I am not condoning how Paula has conducted business. I am also not suggesting that your experiences should not be shared, but if we (you) are honest about this some of these sharp comments that are aimed at Paula are based in part on personality differences.

To the Moderators - I suggest shutting this thread down for 48 hours to cool down and give everyone here the opportunity to reflect on their role.

Peace People

my apologies for taking the thread in a different direction than originally intended. it was not to dump on paula, with whom i have had unpleasant dealings, but rather to show her that all things are connected — business practices, trading communications and the ethics of design.

so for those that understood that and wrote me, thank you for your support and for those that thought i was "piling on," my sincerest apologies as that was not my intent.

rsg

... I am disappointed that this has turned into a lynch mob of sorts. ...

I am not sure this is a lynch mod or a number of people who have had a bad experiance all coming together now that someone started talking.

I personally would fall in the second group. I stayed away but after reading a number of post believe I need to tell my story as well. I was in no means as bad off as others since no money exchanged hands. It was a timeline issue that kept getting extended for all sorts of reasons. I finally had to tell her I couldn't continue with her on the coin and her artowrk (what ideas were hers) would not be used but I would be going forward with the coin. I also told here not to use any of my ideas and she agreed. I am worried that will not happen but am still hopeful.

Timeline of our business exchange all documented in emails to and from:

11/18/07 - Contacted Paula to do artwork and provided a number of ideas to help get it started.

02/10/08 - Asked if there was any artwork yet.

03/09/08 - Received first draft of artwork. Resonded same day with chnages

03/20/08 - Received some changes but not all.

04/11/08 - Discussed the artwork and additional changes that still had not been made.

05/28/08 - Stopped the business relationship and removed link from my site.

During the entire process I continued to get emails like "...will get this over right quick. :angry: ~P...", "I just got home from the weekend.... I have no issues sending it to ya tomorrow AM. Its done. I just need to get to the home computer. ~P". No artwork ever followed any of these emails.

There is no personal attack here just facts. I have now started doing the coin with another artist and sent the artwork to the mint the other day. Less than 4 weeks after contacting him. His link still remains on my site and I will continue to provide business directly and indirectly to him.

I was trying real hard to avoid posting to this thread but here I am and I will try to keep this short:

First I want to acknowledge that I like Paula, but there are those on the other side off the isle - some have posted here - that I equally admire. That being said I am appalled by the way many have conducted themselves in this thread.

Paula, you need to get over yourself, set your ego aside, and step up to the plate and do some serious damage control if it isn't to late to do so. You need to do this for your personal reputation as well as your business reputation if you don't want this issue to spill over to your "own design" coin sales. As someone already mentioned negative word of mouth fads much slower than positive word of mouth. Rather than putting the blame on the customer and making excuses deflecting your own culpability you should have immediately came out with a simple statement of sorts saying that you got in over your heading and it overwhelmed you. That you didn't want to disappoint your customer but you were afraid to come forward and admit this shortcoming and it snowballed out of control and you are very very sorry to those who were hurt or words to that effect........you get where I am going. As good PR you should have given a 100% refund and the art work completed to the OP for making him wait for over a year and to smooth things over. I suspect the OP would have been thrilled and despite a year long wait I suspect he would have had good things to say about how you dealt with the situation. I say these things to you because I like you not because I want to hurt you.

To some of the posters here - some who I admire alot - I am disappointed that this has turned into a lynch mob of sorts. Understand, I am not condoning how Paula has conducted business. I am also not suggesting that your experiences should not be shared, but if we (you) are honest about this some of these sharp comments that are aimed at Paula are based in part on personality differences.

To the Moderators - I suggest shutting this thread down for 48 hours to cool down and give everyone here the opportunity to reflect on their role.

Peace People

I couldn't agree more! I think we've pretty much come to an understanding of the crux of the problem, let's move ahead!! Paula, I too think some good damage control would go a long ways to restoring your reputation, I hope you can find it in yourself to step up!! While I can see what you're saying, you did accept people's money and then didn't produce... As to the rest of the accusations and such, maybe a different thread??

Please let's not make this a bashing, if you have an experience to share, THANKS...otherwise, let's play nicely?? I too admire many in this thread, I hope everyone will do the right thing and let this work out in a "friendly" manner. Shutting this down would serve no good, so if we can all post nicely and stay on-topic, THANKS!!

FWIW, Paula, I think you have some wonderful designs out there and I think you have a talent (one I don't)...I see these comments even from those who have had bad experiences with you, so it must be true! :angry:

So if Paula tells you she is sorry for not getting your design done in a timely manner that you will forgive her and do business with her again? :angry:

I think I need to make one thing clear before people assume too much. Paula and I have no relationship.

That being said. A heartfelt apology would do much. At this point I would have to think long and hard about continuing such a relationship. As I stated in my post you quoted, "I would have been happy if she told me after the fact if she told we that she broke it as was sorry she was not up front about this fact in the begining."

Apologies, as long as they are Heartfelt, can go a long way. It would still help, even this late in the game. That is what people really want; as well as their money or product. I truely believe that she is in the wrong and needs to fess-up to what happened. Much of the tention would dissipate with an apology.

These are just my thoughts about the matter.

I have found that it works when I need to apologize for something.

maldar

I am not sure this is a lynch mod or a number of people who have had a bad experiance all coming together now that someone started talking.

Come on MikE, I said quite a bit don't use one snippet and throw spin on it. I have no problem with folks who wish to "share their experiences". That is what this forum is for. Putting the snippet you used in context what I did say is:

"To some of the posters here - some who I admire alot - I am disappointed that this has turned into a lynch mob of sorts. Understand, I am not condoning how Paula has conducted business. I am also not suggesting that your experiences should not be shared, but if we (you) are honest about this some of these sharp comments that are aimed at Paula are based in part on personality differences."

These folks know who they are and if honest with themselves, know there is a personality conflict that has a way of creeping into these types of differences. That is just human nature. This is why I suggested a 48 hour cooling off period to let everyone one both sides of this issue digest what has happened here. I have said my last on this matter.

Peace

Peace People

This right here is what I was trying to say. I'm just not as good with words as some

maldar

I also contacted Paula towards the end of last year to design a coin for me and she said she would do it, but that at the time she was in the process of finishing up coins for others and she was busy with her child so it would be awhile before she could get to it. I contacted her 3 or 4 times within the next 3 months and was told yes she was still interested in doing it, but again was still to busy. No money changed hands, so I'm not out that way like others are, but what bothered me was she never, even to this day has gotten back to me. It made me very embarrassed because I had contacted Georgia from TCP to do the minting and I had to keep telling her that Paula hadn't gotten back to me. As it turned out, a personal loss happened in our family and we decided that we wanted to have another coin made, so for us her bad customer service worked out.

I can't imagine the moderators will let this topic go on much longer, so I'd just like to add that pghlooking's idea of a thread or site where designers and minters can be discussed or "rated" is a good one so problems like what is being said here are brought to light and can help those who are thinking of having a coin made.

<Link removed by moderator. Please get permission from Groundspeak before promoting another forum here - thank you.>

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

Might I add that I was not paid up front for this design - NO money changed hands. Period.

I discussed why I thought the changes you suggested were a bad idea - and I strongly felt they would effect the quality and design of the coin. (In chat we discussed this multiple times)

As well, the first coin I designed for you went off without a hitch and I never recieved any trackable versions of that coin as per our agreement. (I got one untrackable one - when the agreement is two trackable coins)

As Ive said, this subject has gone way off topic, IMO. And I can assure everyone there are indeed two sides to every story. I'm now stepping away from the thread, and believe I've done what I have had to do between the people who felt they were wronged. Any correspondance between myself and them will remain that way - between myself and them.

It seems that many of the same people always show up in threads having to do with negativity - some people just thrive on it. I do not.

I have no ego, anyone who actually KNOWS me knows this better than anyone. I just believe that if I should choose to deal with things privately, rather than on the forums, I should be allowed to do so. It has indeed been a tough year for us, and only very few people know us well enough to know this, and they have been supportive which I appreciate. Unlike many of the threads we see here, I don't like sharing my own personal woes, or issues - as I DO like to keep my posts on the forums ON TOPIC and not personal.

EVERYBODY PLEASE READ

It would appear that the majority of the conversations in this thread for the affected parties has/is taking place.

At this point, everybody has had their say. Those affected, those who think it affects the community as a whole, and the designer in question.

Going forward, I am limiting the posts in this thread to those who have been DIRECTLY affected by this and need to discuss it. There has been ample opportunity for everybody to chime in with their thoughts up until now, and there doesn't appear to by anything else to gain be continuing to re-hash things.

So if you are directly involved in this matter, you are free to post and discuss.

Thank you.

So if Paula tells you she is sorry for not getting your design done in a timely manner that you will forgive her and do business with her again? :anitongue:

I think I need to make one thing clear before people assume too much. Paula and I have no relationship.

That being said. A heartfelt apology would do much. At this point I would have to think long and hard about continuing such a relationship. As I stated in my post you quoted, "I would have been happy if she told me after the fact if she told we that she broke it as was sorry she was not up front about this fact in the begining."

Apologies, as long as they are Heartfelt, can go a long way. It would still help, even this late in the game. That is what people really want; as well as their money or product. I truely believe that she is in the wrong and needs to fess-up to what happened. Much of the tention would dissipate with an apology.

These are just my thoughts about the matter.

I have found that it works when I need to apologize for something.

maldar

Joranda,

As one who was affected by this transaction, yes an apology would be nice. Would I do business with her again? NO! Why? because she has had bad transactions with so many people, at the moment it would be hard to do business with her again, but ya know, an apology is a first step. What happened to good manners? They are almost non-existent nowadays! Maldar is right, apologies help, even late in the game, not tooting your own horn and acting like the large amount of bad transaction never occurred.

So I’ll repeat my request yet again: Paula, I paid you $50 for work I thought you might have done. You yourself confirmed the existence of the completion of one side of a coin. I paid for that. I have not seen it. I expect it to be posted here or e-mailed to me.

Oh, and I’ll keep this thread updated as to the outcome as well.

There was no response from Paula concerning the above -- I believe asked three times. Followers of this thread can draw their own conclusions. If there ever is a positive response of one kind or another, I'll happily post an update.

I also rodered and paid for 2 coins a while ago. I got an email today from Jim and all is good. I am truly sorry for all his problems and I will wait for my coin. I believe Jim to be a man of his word, difficult times for him and he still has the guts to tell us all that is going on.

Thank you Jim and best wishes

I also ordered and paid for 2 coins a while ago. I got an email today from Jim and all is good. I am truly sorry for all his problems and I will wait for my coin. I believe Jim to be a man of his word, difficult times for him and he still has the guts to tell us all that is going on.

Thank you Jim and best wishes

Unfortunately I came across this posting today reason is...searching for the same!

I'm simply going to post my story.

I had discussed having a personal geocoin designed as I love and still love Paula's designs. A month or so had gone by when after some discussion I was informed that I had to prepay $125.00 in order to have Paula work on my design so that I did on March 17,2008 with an agreed upon date for my design to have with me for Geowoodstock VI. I understood it was a I need it quick request but i was informed it would be done. I discussed the one item I wanted on the coin and the rest was free to artist discretion.

Time went by and I had not heard anything. I had come to the realization that it would not be available for GW. I assured them it was ok and I preferred a good design instead of a rush job. Meanwhile Paula had mentioned that she had a great idea for another Moose coin or a joint coin for me and hubby however I wanted my first coin to have my avatar on it so I stayed with the original plan. More time went by, I received a call from Paula one day stating she had one side of the design done but was having difficulties with the other side and apologized. I did understand that you can only work when an idea comes to mind and if it isn’t there you simply can’t move on. I told her not to worry about it and we spoke of other ideas that may work. Paula said she had an idea and would finish it up.

More time went by and I hadn’t heard anything so in September I felt it was time for me to give in to one of Paula’s other design ideas that she had mentioned previously in order to obtain a completed coin design. I told her to go ahead with her other design ideas that she said she could whip out in a few hours.

A bit later I asked about the coin design and was told “No worries”, “I’ve got the ideas started” “I’ll get on it for ya”

More time went by and nothing. By December I sent a message out to Jim regarding a refund he responded with “That would be Paula - She's the artist.”

So I then went to Paula with the same request …the response from Paula was

“NP-will need a little time. Sent Jim a crapload of my coins to sell Really a shame - I had a kickass idea for that moose antler design.” “OK... let me ask Jim if I can send him some coins to sell to send ya the money from his account. I dont have it at all - and can get him to ebay some for me to send it on to ya.

I will drop him a line tonight, and send him out some coins to sell to get it back to ya. “

Now it is January 20th I sent a paypal request back to the addy I paid the $125.00 in order to request a refund. I received a response from Jim directing me back to Paula to obtain the refund. I explained that I sent the request to the addy that I sent the original payment to as well as I understood that Paula had contacted Jim to sell some coins in order to refund our money through him. He responded with “I have not heard from Paula on this, and if coins must be sold to get you your money back, she will be the one selling them. It's HER responsibility.”

Honestly I’m feeling hurt, sympathetic and very angry all at the same time if that’s possible. They are/were my friends and I don’t want to hurt them but I’m feeling blown off, lied to, pushed aside and I simply don’t understand spending money paid before the product is supplied and not holding aside in case a refund is requested. I know things have been hard for them….same here as well and even if I received a design at this point we can no longer afford to do anything with it.

I think I was really hurt when I found out from someone that Paula went on a trip to Arizona but is unable to refund us our $125.00 because she has no money at all?!

I’m very sorry but I didn’t know where else to go with this. I fought turning to the forums as recommended and was very surprised to find this here but finally came to the realization that maybe they don’t consider me a friend or maybe they feel because I’m a friend they can put me off but I’m really hurt over everthing that has happened.[/size]

Unfortunately after posting the phone rang a few times.......refund has arrived.

There was a message from Paula offering a refund however I made it to the phone for Jim's call who then send me a refund.

Again as I apologized to Jim and I apologize to Paula for posting here but I did speak with both of you and got bounced back and forth. Maybe you two should discuss amongst yourselves as it seems Paula said Jim was handling it and Jim told me Paula has to handle it. Jim said he told Paula, Paula said she told Jim...it's not my place to be in the middle as the two of you should be handing your business dealings together.

Unfortunately I came across this posting today reason is...searching for the same!

I’m very sorry but I didn’t know where else to go with this. I fought turning to the forums as recommended and was very surprised to find this here but finally came to the realization that maybe they don’t consider me a friend or maybe they feel because I’m a friend they can put me off but I’m really hurt over everthing that has happened.

I was interested to see that this thread had resurfaced and was back on the front page. I'm very sorry to hear that your coin isn't going to me made as I would have loved to trade for one. However, I don't think you need to apologize to the forum community and especially not to Paula or Jim. That has been their modus operandi--take money and not deliver. Just like the OP and others in this thread no refunds were given until the problem was publicly revealed and then they couldn't make the refunds fast enough. I honestly believe that they are the ones who should apologize to you and all the others in the same position as you are in.

If you ever get that coin made with your avatar sign me up for a trade!