Gauteng caches for adoption

Carbon Hunter

Hi guys.

A cacher (daxie) has opted to archive his 7 caches. I've only done one and really enjoiyed it (Horse O War). I also just placed an Earthcache next to this one and was dissappointed to se it archived.

Daxie as agreed to let me adopt it - but is anyone keen to adopt the others? I don't know them at all - but we can use them I'm sure.

I know a few are in heidelberg (a bit far for me).

Please advise - here's the list (I'll take them tem[poraily.

(2/1)

21 Mar 07 Armor Car by daxie (GC11K32)

(2/1)

21 Mar 07 Stone Church by daxie (GC11K30)

(2.5/1)

21 Mar 07 Visserman by daxie (GC11K2X)

Gauteng 24 Mar 08

(1/2)

21 Mar 07 Grassy Land by daxie (GC11K2R)

(1.5/1.5)

17 Mar 07 Horse O war by daxie (GC11GDR)

(2/1)

17 Mar 07 Antique Duck by daxie (GC11GDJ)

(1/2)

17 Mar 07 Atlas Park by daxie (GC11GD8)

I am concerned about what I see in the previous log about a historic wall being damaged by geocachers. Cache owner, please check on this cache, and relocate if necessary.

I'm disabling the cache until we have established whether it needs to be relocated or not.

Fish Eagle wrote this about the Armour Car cache. I know the cache and there are not really other places to stash this cache. IMHO I think this one should be archived.

Stone church and Visserman I can see what I can do to take it over but I'm overseas at the moment and need about three to four weeks to go and check the sites again and see if I can re-hide the Visserman one. If I can remember correctly the Visserman cache is also one without much alternative hiding place and if the wall is gone it’s going to be a difficult one!

But lets see what I can do when I get home

(1/2)

21 Mar 07 Grassy Land by daxie (GC11K2R)

(2/1)

17 Mar 07 Antique Duck by daxie (GC11GDJ)

(1/2)

17 Mar 07 Atlas Park by daxie (GC11GD8)

Hi

I'm on the East Rand and would love to take over the above mentioned. Please send invite,

thanks

I have attempted to adopt the "Stone Church" but due to the fact that it has been archived it would not let me continue. I therefore approached Andy to ask him to de-archive it in order for me to formally adopt it.

I was thinking about the "Armour Car" from what I remember there is access to the other armoured car on the premises. It is located on the pavement. If you would like I could consider adopting this one as well and possibly creating a magnetic cache on the accessible tank. I would have to go back and look more closely as well as obtaining the new coordinates.

With reference to "Visserman" I am sure in time the wall will be rebuilt. Then the cache could be restored.

Until then I would rather see it as being disabled rather than archived.

Thanks ,

Bruce

Edited by BruceTP
Hi guys.

A cacher (daxie) has opted to archive his 7 caches. I've only done one and really enjoiyed it (Horse O War). I also just placed an Earthcache next to this one and was dissappointed to se it archived.

(1.5/1.5)

17 Mar 07 Horse O war by daxie (GC11GDR)

I'll take Horse of war!

If there are others let me know.

Regards

Anton

OK so we have takers/solutions for all now.

I will approach Fish Eagle to unarchive so daxie can transfer them

Armor Car by daxie (GC11K32) - BruceTP (and he will move

Stone Church by daxie (GC11K30) - BruceTP

Visserman by daxie (GC11K2X) - remain archived

Grassy Land by daxie (GC11K2R) - Megaben

Horse O war by daxie (GC11GDR) - Damhuisclan

Antique Duck by daxie (GC11GDJ) - Megaben

Atlas Park by daxie (GC11GD8) - Megaben