Transferring waypoints to GPS

I am taking a long trip in a few days and I have created GPX files for the trip route. Since I will not be bringing my laptop, whats the easiest way to transfer waypoints into my 60CX? Is there a program that can be run from a flash drive?

Besides typing them in manually - no other way that I know of.

Why not load the gpx file(s) right away ?

I am taking a long trip in a few days and I have created GPX files for the trip route. Since I will not be bringing my laptop, whats the easiest way to transfer waypoints into my 60CX? Is there a program that can be run from a flash drive?

Besides typing them in manually - no other way that I know of.

Why not load the gpx file(s) right away ?

There are well over 1000 caches in my files. We are going for 2 weeks and the trip is over 5000km. The caches along the way there are about 800. Then when I get to Toronto, the caches there are easily 1000, then the trip back, but a different route is many more caches. Just easir to load them in bunches....

As suggested earlier, why not load them ALL as custom POIs using the free Garmin POI Loader. The Loader will take any and all .gpx cache files you have and load them. If use GSAK as a waypoint manager it is easy to create one big .gpx file for your 60Cx and have a 14 character Smart Name, with a 30 character Hint in the comment field. There is no upper limit to the number of custom POIs you can have loaded, only available memory in the limiting factor, and when I load 1800+ caches it's only about 10mb total.

I am not sure about your model, but what I am doing for our road trip is,

poi file i5_sac_or.mgln I-5 Sac to Oregon (400 approx)

poi file i5_or_wa.mgln I-5 Oregon to Washington (400 approx)

poi file mt_st_helens.mgln Mount Saint Helens

poi file washington.mgln the area where we will be

plus my home town and camping ones, all together over 1800 poi programmed in different files. As I change areas, I go to my poi and select the appropriate file.

Much easier doing it on my home computer

Enjoy the trip

I am not sure about your model, but what I am doing for our road trip is,

poi file i5_sac_or.mgln I-5 Sac to Oregon (400 approx)

poi file i5_or_wa.mgln I-5 Oregon to Washington (400 approx)

poi file mt_st_helens.mgln Mount Saint Helens

poi file washington.mgln the area where we will be

plus my home town and camping ones, all together over 1800 poi programmed in different files. As I change areas, I go to my poi and select the appropriate file.

Much easier doing it on my home computer

Enjoy the trip

We are leaving in a week for a camping road trip. And I just got the 400t. How and what kind of information did you put in your poi files?

We are leaving in a week for a camping road trip. And I just got the 400t. How and what kind of information did you put in your poi files?

With the 400T, you can go up to 2000 caches. Get another SD Card and you have another 2000 caches that can be swapped out. Use a USB SD Thumb Reader to change cache data on the road.

The information we put for camping trips is the caches on the route to the camp site, though many we have to pass over because of not being able to pull over while towing a trailer :D

Then we put in all the caches in the area of the campground.