Blow Your Horn

Another event has been listed Horn Blowing which I was very glad to see as it's an excellent idea.

The virtual mentioned on the cache page is I think it is one of the best virtuals I have done as well as being quite interesting.

Even though I have already logged it if we are down early would definitely attend as Mrs G was not with me previously and they were not giving out the wooden coins then. ;)

I would strongly recommend anyone in the area to make the trip to it as you will not be disappointed.

Well done to the committe for this one! B):D:D

I mentioned only on Saturday to Robin at the Durham Meet that I was going to put a note on the Mega Event thread, that anyone coming up to Harrogate for the meet really must try to go to this cache.

We have been 3 or 4 times now, and it really is the best virtual we have ever done, a one you wont forget for sure :D

Poor bloke only carries about 6 wooden tokens, and some times struggles to give those away ;)

M B)

I was rather hoping there might be a "post-Event Event, as we won't be there until Saturday afternoon but will be staying up in the area for the following 5 days!

MrsB :lol:

Now that would be good - I can only be there Saturday and Sunday evenings - an event then would be nice :D:D

The Horn Blower is a cache that I really want to do, and will try when I am down, but just can't make it on the Thursday.

Dont worry Haggis Hunter you are in luck... even though you can not make the official cache event on the Thursday night the hornblower does his bit every night of the year !!!

So just attend on any other night... Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday etc etc and you will still be able to experiance the hornblower and also claim both the virtual and the nearby (96 feet) traditional.

You can ONLY claim the event if you turn up on Thirsday !

How many pre events does this make now? Doesn't it make you sick that people are going out of their way to organise so much? :lol:

:D

I was rather hoping there might be a "post-Event Event, as we won't be there until Saturday afternoon but will be staying up in the area for the following 5 days!

MrsB :D

I hoped the same MrsB! We get there Friday, so miss the Hornblower event - I put a note on the cache page asking about the possibility of a second version after the event! If enough people are interested, I'm sure the committee could post a duplicate for the Monday or Tuesday!

How many folks are hanging around after the event (and for) how long? We're on site until Thursday morning...

Mrs B / Dave

You're forgetting something,..... ANYONE can list an event ANYWHERE.... why don't you list an event for one of the other nights, and that way, you can still get a smiley after the main event!!!

i might well do Hazel! Just need to make sure it doesn't clash with with any other organised event! thought I'd try and find out who is handing around after the event, and for how long!