Problem using Vista

allec

I am just starting to use the Builder.

Installation and use under Windows XP is ok.

When i try to do the same on a computer (Dell) with Vista, installation is ok, i manage to create and save a .LUA file, but when i try to re-open it (using File->Open cartridge) i get an error message which says :

"Error reading cartridge.

System.DllNotFoundException : Impossible to load the DLL 'ZoneEngine.dll'..." :D

Hi!

Yes, it is known that .Net service pack is not currently supported by Vista. We've heard of instances where it has worked in the past, but they have been pretty inconsistent.

J2B2

Edited by J2B2

Thank you Bill Gates Steve Ballmer.

Here is the story Windows XP Era Ends Today. Can't buy XP preloaded on a new desktop legally, that is unless you cough up the extra money and buy a premium version of Vista that you can downgrade to XP.

Microsoft is a joke! A very successful joke I might add.

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Thank you for the quick and helpful answers.

People using Microsoft Vista will therefore have to wait until Vista becomes compatible with the rest of the world, to be able to use Wherigo Builder ;)

... or more probably that the rest of the world becomes compatible with Vista :D

Information for poor people who are stuck with Windows Vista

I have been messing around for a while with the current version of the Builder (2.0.5129) without succes, until i install an older version : Success !

Version 2.0.5016 of the Builder is willing to work with Windows Vista :)

Information for poor people who are stuck with Windows Vista

I have been messing around for a while with the current version of the Builder (2.0.5129) without succes, until i install an older version : Success !

Version 2.0.5016 of the Builder is willing to work with Windows Vista :)

Please - where is this build that works with Vista to be found ?

Thanks RF! You're a lifesaver :rolleyes::)

I got the 20080416 file to work on my Vista machine.

Curious. All my Vista computers have installed the Wherigo Builder without any issues. Next time someone has a problem, try right clicking on the installer, and choose "Run as Administrator" so you have the necessary permissions level to write to the system DLLs folder.

Curious. All my Vista computers have installed the Wherigo Builder without any issues. Next time someone has a problem, try right clicking on the installer, and choose "Run as Administrator" so you have the necessary permissions level to write to the system DLLs folder.
I definitely tried that, but thank you for suggesting it just in case. I appreciate it.

I also tried fooling with permissions, various places to put files (I even tried the "Documents" section--somewhere I never put my files), etc. Are you operating in a 32-bit or 64-bit environment? My guess is 32-bit. The current guess is it's a problem only when running it on a 64-bit computer.

While I didn't solve my problem the traditional way, I did create a virtual 32-bit environment I can use to create my next experiment and cartridge. I want to emulate real-world movement and create a structure that would be very easy to copy from my cartridge and use in others. I'll work on it as I find free time here and there.

I also tried fooling with permissions, various places to put files (I even tried the "Documents" section--somewhere I never put my files), etc. Are you operating in a 32-bit or 64-bit environment? My guess is 32-bit. The current guess is it's a problem only when running it on a 64-bit computer.

You guessed it - I'm running 32bit here at the moment. Good call on running it in a VM

I may be in a similar predicament. I've gotten error messages from other software, advising I need to switch from 64 to 32 bit on my Dell, W/Vista.

However, I have no idea how to accomplish this, being a certified computer idiot.

Maybe this is why I can't get any of the archived builds to work?

Can anyone walk me thru the process of swapping from 64 to 32, in small syllable words? :anibad:

Thanx!