Many congratulations to the good Doctor

The one man caching phenomenon that is DrSolly hit 4,000 caches yesterday, smashing the 0-4,000 record (I seem to point all the records out to you :D ). A fine performance. His enthusiasm is an inspiration to me and hopefully many others. Expect to see you at the top of the caching charts by this time next year (if not earlier).

The one man caching phenomenon that is DrSolly hit 4,000 caches yesterday, smashing the 0-4,000 record (I seem to point all the records out to you :D ). A fine performance. His enthusiasm is an inspiration to me and hopefully many others. Expect to see you at the top of the caching charts by this time next year (if not earlier).

Thanks, but I'd just point out that we're actually two; me and ladysolly!

Today, we celebrated by *not* going out caching. But I spent a few hours painting camo on some containers :-)

The man is a cache machine! Well done Alan, and Susan, who's there for the majority and does great support (coffee, rolls) when she's not. It's been my pleasure and privilege to be along on some of those 4000 finds and I know his secret! A rope in your poachers pocket, a mirror in the caching bag, a can-do (even when it needs a ladder fetching from the car) attitude and a keen eye - Plus Susan saving him from himself when can-do really should be don't-do. If they'd have started a couple of years earlier, they'd have cleared the country at one point.

Congratulations Sollies!

Congratuations to the DrSolly's..........

We have followed your progress around lots of the Essex caches and our two sons are now proud owners of at least 10 of your little torches (apparently you can never have too much lighting equipment if you are a boy).

Good luck on the next 4000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The man is a cache machine! Well done Alan, and Susan, who's there for the majority and does great support (coffee, rolls) when she's not. It's been my pleasure and privilege to be along on some of those 4000 finds and I know his secret! A rope in your poachers pocket, a mirror in the caching bag, a can-do (even when it needs a ladder fetching from the car) attitude and a keen eye - Plus Susan saving him from himself when can-do really should be don't-do. If they'd have started a couple of years earlier, they'd have cleared the country at one point.

Congratulations Sollies!

Not to mention the roll of sellotape, the tweezers, the UV torch, the forceps, the multitool, the ... well, you get the idea. I'm a great believer in technology, and carry quite a lot around with me. And who can forget my periscope, consisting of a webcam, a laptop, and a very long pole? I'm hoping, at the next event, to be able to demonstrate a new device for locating your bicycle when you leave it in a forest, find a cache, then can't find your bike.

Thanks to all the cache setters who make this game possible. Next stop ... 5000 ...