MISSION: The Witch's Coin Chain Mission!

Nochipra

Taubin hasn't been on the Geocaching.com web site since December but is active with their homepage which is linked to Geocaching. There is even an active blog if you go deep enough.

Has anyone sent them an email, nicely asking if they don't want to participate to just sent the coin on and giving them an address?

Although there are many who want to participate, I think to add another coin (generic of sorts) defeats the purpose and intent of this mission (JMHO). I would say continue the mission with the one remaining traveling coin. She will get around (unless she becomes lost) and folks just being added should realize this is an on-going mission.

I have received the witch and sent her on so it really is of little concern to me. Again, just my humble opinon. I would be happy to try and negotiate the return of the stranged witch if the prinicles would send me the details of any and all correspondence to date. Multiples should not be writing the person but one on behalf of all. Let me know if I can help.

Until then, let our remaining witch fly free and fast.

Received The Witch's Coin Chain Mission: march 16-09

What you received with the Witch's Coin: 2 great coins a ghostmagnet, a microcanpin and some sig items.

Have a coin I can send immediately: hmm, I´ll try to trade for a special coin- done!

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: done

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: Soon, waiting for the coin

Thank you again!!

grodan Karin

Taubin hasn't been on the Geocaching.com web site since December but is active with their homepage which is linked to Geocaching. There is even an active blog if you go deep enough.

Has anyone sent them an email, nicely asking if they don't want to participate to just sent the coin on and giving them an address?

Yes, I have, but no response. I can try again and send my snail mail address in the hopes it gets mailed to me for re-release. I will investigate a bit further and contact you hollora if I need some help.

Although there are many who want to participate, I think to add another coin (generic of sorts) defeats the purpose and intent of this mission (JMHO). I would say continue the mission with the one remaining traveling coin. She will get around (unless she becomes lost) and folks just being added should realize this is an on-going mission.

My idea was more to create a separate mission with the same guidelines and different coin. I agree adding another random coin to the Witch's mission wouldn't quite fit. As many have said, this type of mission has been fun when the coin moves and I thought starting another one would accomodate those who have already had visits from the witch and want to keep playing.

Yes, I have, but no response. I can try again and send my snail mail address in the hopes it gets mailed to me for re-release. I will investigate a bit further and contact you hollora if I need some help.

My idea was more to create a separate mission with the same guidelines and different coin. I agree adding another random coin to the Witch's mission wouldn't quite fit. As many have said, this type of mission has been fun when the coin moves and I thought starting another one would accomodate those who have already had visits from the witch and want to keep playing.

The Walpurgis coin is still for sale, so we could also send a third witch on her way and in the meantime hope that Helga will surface again??

Believe me, I have tried but had to give up. He said he gave it to his brother for mailing and it was on its way - apparently not.

As for another mission . . .OH Yeah :ph34r: !

where is the walpurgis for sale at?

Cachezone.com has them. :(

As for getting back on the list - no worries. I had my turn, it's someone else's. :unsure: If, however you do start a new mission, I want in. :ph34r:

CF30

I thought cachezone had them too but it says sold out. Am I missing something??

Cachezone.com has them. :(

As for getting back on the list - no worries. I had my turn, it's someone else's. :unsure: If, however you do start a new mission, I want in. :ph34r:

CF30

HEY YA ! I want in on the new mission as I have already had one of the flying witch sisters :wacko:

New list to include a new participant!

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

UFgatorgirl

FScout

E&CPlus3

burgessfour

Penny and Kona

nefesh

Cachezone.com has them. :anitongue:

As for getting back on the list - no worries. I had my turn, it's someone else's. :anibad: If, however you do start a new mission, I want in. :anitongue:

CF30

No, they're still in stock. I put one in my shopping basket, went to the checkout and it worked. Untill I got to the mailing costs!! 10 USD to send 1 coin from Germany to the Netherlands?? :blink: When I mail a coin to Germany it never costs me more than 2 USD at the most..... I wouldn't even pay 10 USD for a coin that has to be mailed from outside Europe... So I don't think I'll ever order anything there...

first.....honey don`t feel responcible for that Helga is not fly anymore.......

it`s not your fald and i don`t know what is going on with Taubin but we must keep hope that Helga go fly again someday...........

it`s so so so sad that this happend but we can`t do anything about it anymore as Taubin don`t respons....

Eltada you do great work and i`m thankfull that you take this mission over from Norchipa.......

and i like the idea about a new mission.........

but i must be honest and i don`t think we must put a new witch in but just let this mission just be Helga`s and Sabrina`s mission.....

i know it`s so much fun to get a lovely witch girl in your mailbox and i really reallllyyyy hope that you all got a visit and have so much with her as we did........

but the reason why i think that we don`t must let fly a other girl is : what do we do when Helga is fly again ????

and what if one of the other girl stay where she is at that moment????

are we alwayzzz put a new girl in this mission when one disapirce????

we must keep in mind that it`s alwayzzz a risk to send to someone else......

the package can go lost i lost 7 package in a few months now and i`m alwayzzz so happy when i see that my mail arived safe by the person.....

but it`s also possible that the person who recive the mission get sick or that he/she lost the coin or some other reason that he/she don`t respons anymore............

i don`t want that this mission stop because i like to read all the story`s and happynizzz that the girlzzz bring by us all but we can`t alwayzzz when a coin get lost put a new girl in i think.........

anyway i don`t know what to do i just give you all my opion and it`s hard to deside what to do........

i can`t put a new girl in because i have the same as Li-Z but if we deside to do a new mission then i would be happy to look if i can donate a coin for it...........

and i will be happy to take part of the new mission and if you all want then i would be happy to open a new mission like thizzzz...........

just let me know or i can help or do anything..............

Cachezone.com has them. :D

As for getting back on the list - no worries. I had my turn, it's someone else's. :blink: If, however you do start a new mission, I want in. :antenna:

CF30

No, they're still in stock. I put one in my shopping basket, went to the checkout and it worked. Untill I got to the mailing costs!! 10 USD to send 1 coin from Germany to the Netherlands?? :antenna: When I mail a coin to Germany it never costs me more than 2 USD at the most..... I wouldn't even pay 10 USD for a coin that has to be mailed from outside Europe... So I don't think I'll ever order anything there...

i have checked the site twice and it says they are sold out. it must like you better than me if it let you put one in your cart.

Cachezone.com has them. :blink:

As for getting back on the list - no worries. I had my turn, it's someone else's. :blink: If, however you do start a new mission, I want in. :antenna:

CF30

No, they're still in stock. I put one in my shopping basket, went to the checkout and it worked. Untill I got to the mailing costs!! 10 USD to send 1 coin from Germany to the Netherlands?? :antenna: When I mail a coin to Germany it never costs me more than 2 USD at the most..... I wouldn't even pay 10 USD for a coin that has to be mailed from outside Europe... So I don't think I'll ever order anything there...

i have checked the site twice and it says they are sold out. it must like you better than me if it let you put one in your cart.

oke i don`t wanna be brutal or so but they are still for sale........

the stoplight is green and that meanzzz that there are much in the store :huh:

i`m sorry to say but i did wanna buy one but when i see the ship cost i was just like Li-Z :D

i don`t know why some of you say that they sold out but i look just now and they are still there for the ones who want one :blink:

New mission, YES. This is for Helga and Sabrina.- I feel as Lorca, The travelling girls are their unique way..

We could have a couple of more missions of this sort. because It is a good thought in theory that this is a good way to get exposure and keep them relatively safe. :antenna:

I have agreed with Eltada to start a second mission of this type. I will send my Green Earth Turtle on its way. Just let me a bit of time to set together the logbook, to create the coin page and then I will open a new thread for signing up for this new mission.

Cachezone.com has them. :blink:

CF30

the stoplight is green and that meanzzz that there are much in the store :huh:

i`m sorry to say but i did wanna buy one but when i see the ship cost i was just like Li-Z :D

i don`t know why some of you say that they sold out but i look just now and they are still there for the ones who want one :blink:

The US store is sold out, the coins are still available at the German site. Since I don't speak German I didn't bother ordering one.

Cachezone.com has them. :D

As for getting back on the list - no worries. I had my turn, it's someone else's. :P If, however you do start a new mission, I want in. :lol:

CF30

No, they're still in stock. I put one in my shopping basket, went to the checkout and it worked. Untill I got to the mailing costs!! 10 USD to send 1 coin from Germany to the Netherlands?? :laughing: When I mail a coin to Germany it never costs me more than 2 USD at the most..... I wouldn't even pay 10 USD for a coin that has to be mailed from outside Europe... So I don't think I'll ever order anything there...

the stoplight is green and that meanzzz that there are much in the store :blink:

i`m sorry to say but i did wanna buy one but when i see the ship cost i was just like Li-Z ;)

i don`t know why some of you say that they sold out but i look just now and they are still there for the ones who want one :unsure:

The US store is sold out, the coins are still available at the German site. Since I don't speak German I didn't bother ordering one.

That explains!! English is easier for me to read than german, but I didn'r bother changing the language, so I didn;t notice this! But still strange: you would think that it is the same store and you just choose your language. But apparently there's a separate basket for German visitors?!

What you received with the Witch's Coin: 2 great coins, a ghostmagnet, a microcanpin and some sig items.

Have a coin I can send immediately: hmm, I´ll try to trade for a special coin

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: e-mail sent march 18

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: YES march 29, Sabrina has now left Sweden, I left her in the mail today. Hope she travels safe to wherever she is headed. She oiled her broom and took off without saying where she was going. I think she have travelcompany on this tour since it is soon easter and there is a swedish eastertradition with witches "påskkärringar".

Have fun and hope you like what is inside, I did some research. :mellow:

grodan Karin

What you received with the Witch's Coin: 2 great coins, a ghostmagnet, a microcanpin and some sig items.

Have a coin I can send immediately: hmm, I´ll try to trade for a special coin

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: e-mail sent march 18

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: YES march 29, Sabrina has now left Sweden, I left her in the mail today. Hope she travels safe to wherever she is headed. She oiled her broom and took off without saying where she was going. I think she have travelcompany on this tour since it is soon easter and there is a swedish eastertradition with witches "påskkärringar".

Have fun and hope you like what is inside, I did some research. :mellow:

grodan Karin

I looked up the Tradition.....

Both boys and girls dress up as påskkärringar and give drawings to neighbors in return for candy or small change and colored feathers are used.

What I thought was cool, is that in my Easter Mission, I used Colored Feathers for lining the basket instead of plastic grass...

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

This will prove to be funny in the end.....

Afternoon Folks,

I just come back from taking a little stroll down to the mailbox.

A couple packages in there, first was my Black Nickel Firetruck, Very Cool . I love it and super fast shipping, Thanx.

The second Package, well, I'm still droolin' !!!!!!!!

It was full of very nice painted egg decorations and cut outs decorations and A little farm girl figurine and a little Chick figurine and a an big decorated egg filled with candy ....MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm... A cloth Kitchen Witch And ..........Coins.

I got a Birka to add to my small but growing Birka Collection and an awesome Copper Finish ,White sparkle Tiger, which I ADORE!!!!!!!!! And a Grodan and Fiabus pathtag with a white tiger on it ......

Wow and a card full of very cool postcards from a well known artist, Love these, especially the "ROCKET" witch, LOL!!!!! What a Great Eater Mission ... wait ... Wait... What's this? Another Coin ............

.....SABRINA ...............OMG .................. read the card.

It isn't my Easter Mission it's the.......

This is the Withches Mission from Grodan and Fiabus..... wow......

SOOOOOoooooooooo Cool. She arrived in Fancy Fashion and

SHE LOOKS MARVELOUS!!!!!

She will visit for Easter. KD1EJ is coming up for the weekend ,so he'll get a chance to Visit with her and Maybe, if it;s not TOO muddy, We'll hit those caches in Unity , Maine, I've been wanting to do !!!!!

Grodan and Fiabus, Thank You for going above and beyond the call of duty.....

YOU ROCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish my camera worked, but KD1EJ will have his and we'll get photos of Sabrina Caching In Maine

Thanx Again!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

The Funny thing is that I replied to their post ( above ) and didn't even know it was coming to me!!!!!!!!!!!

the stoplight is green and that meanzzz that there are much in the store :D

i`m sorry to say but i did wanna buy one but when i see the ship cost i was just like Li-Z :P

i don`t know why some of you say that they sold out but i look just now and they are still there for the ones who want one :D

That explains!! English is easier for me to read than german, but I didn'r bother changing the language, so I didn;t notice this! But still strange: you would think that it is the same store and you just choose your language. But apparently there's a separate basket for German visitors?!

I think they have more than one physical store. The US website -- which is sold out -- says shipping is by United States Postal Service. The German website says that shipping is by Hermes and costs 4.90 euro even within Germany.

Afternoon Folks,

A couple packages in there, first was my Black Nickel Firetruck, Very Cool . I love it and super fast shipping, Thanx.

It was full of very nice painted egg decorations and cut outs decorations and A little farm girl figurine and a little Chick figurine and a an big decorated egg filled with candy ....MMMMMMmmmmmmmmm... A cloth Kitchen Witch And ..........Coins.

I got a Birka to add to my small but growing Birka Collection and an awesome Copper Finish ,White sparkle Tiger, which I ADORE!!!!!!!!! And a Grodan and Fiabus pathtag with a white tiger on it ......

Wow and a card full of very cool postcards from a well known artist, Love these, especially the "ROCKET" witch, LOL!!!!! What a Great Eater Mission ... wait ... Wait... What's this? Another Coin ............

SHE LOOKS MARVELOUS!!!!!

She will visit for Easter. KD1EJ is coming up for the weekend ,so he'll get a chance to Visit with her and Maybe, if it;s not TOO muddy, We'll hit those caches in Unity , Maine, I've been wanting to do !!!!!

I wish my camera worked, but KD1EJ will have his and we'll get photos of Sabrina Caching In Maine

Thanx Again!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

The Funny thing is that I replied to their post ( above ) and didn't even know it was coming to me!!!!!!!!!!!

Afternoon Folks,

SHE LOOKS MARVELOUS!!!!!

Thanx Again!!!!!!!!

Opalsns

Glad you liked it. It was fun putting it togheter. The copperfinishcoin is our personal fiabuscoin, it is meant to be our cat fia and I will NOT tell her you called her a tiger :P she is just a furball.

All the best and Happy Easter!

grodan Karin

Well ,

Sabrina was called to duty to help her friend, EB , to deliver a VERY Special Coin to someone many miles away. EB was late to a very important date and couldn't wait any longer, so Sabrina said" OH, I'll deliver it" and she grabbed the coin and off she went. EB promised to make it up to Sabrina and told her he would see her soon.

Opalsns

Edited by opalsns

Well ,

Sabrina was called to duty to help her friend, EB , to deliver a VERY Special Coin to someone many miles away. EB was late to a very important date and couldn't wait any longer, so Sabrina said" OH, I'll deliver it" and she grabbed the coin and off she went. EB promised to make it up to Sabrina and told her he would see her soon.

Opalsns

HOLLEY MOLLEY!!! SABRINA CAME SOOOOO FAST AND SHE CARRIED A VERY SPECIAL COINS FOR ME, IM GLAD SHE COULD VISIT ME FOR EASTER. I WILL POST PICS OF HER HERE SOON!! THANK YOU OPALSNS FOR MY COINS I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THEM!!!!! SAY HOWED YOU GET HER TO TAKE OFF SO FAST..??

Well ,

Opalsns

HOLLEY MOLLEY!!! SABRINA CAME SOOOOO FAST AND SHE CARRIED A VERY SPECIAL COINS FOR ME, IM GLAD SHE COULD VISIT ME FOR EASTER. I WILL POST PICS OF HER HERE SOON!! THANK YOU OPALSNS FOR MY COINS I ABSOLUTLY LOVE THEM!!!!! SAY HOWED YOU GET HER TO TAKE OFF SO FAST..??

Well,

First, I told her the story of a very special person :D who went out of their way to help someone they didn't even know :D , get a very special :D , only seen by three people ever :D , can't tell you anything :D , geocoin,to a deserving cacher.

Then I sang "Rocky Mountain High" to her. B)

Then I showed her your avatar. :laughing:

She grabbed the coins and off she went in a ball of broom bristles and fire. :D

Glad she made it safe !!!!!!!

Enjoy!

Opalsns

Sounds like Tha Saint would like to participate so I have added his name to the list and accounted for who has had a visit from Sabrina. She has been quick these days!

Maine Family

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

UFgatorgirl

FScout

E&CPlus3

burgessfour

Penny and Kona

nefesh

Tha Saint

Well ,

Opalsns

Well,

First, I told her the story of a very special person :cool: who went out of their way to help someone they didn't even know B) , get a very special :D , only seen by three people ever ;) , can't tell you anything :P , geocoin,to a deserving cacher.

Then I sang "Rocky Mountain High" to her. <_<

Then I showed her your avatar. :anicute:

She grabbed the coins and off she went in a ball of broom bristles and fire. ;)

Glad she made it safe !!!!!!!

Enjoy!

Opalsns

Your posting is like a puzzle cache. lol :rolleyes:

so heres what she came with; dont forget to ohhh and ahhh as you look, :lol:

b271d4a4-f2b5-4e25-80c1-1251c12280bf.jpg

and here she is having fun on easter!!

chasing the bunnies around!!

39f01d66-acf8-4ecc-9ce9-78d5f277a58a.jpg

22196661-7e8e-495d-a061-c1374bb79a57.jpg

and hiding the eggs.

080e2aba-4463-4212-8ff5-7a9d733b8670.jpg

and in all her glory!!

6f59b4ea-f582-4447-9ef7-cb1b1cb090ff.jpg

how awesome is that!!!!

will do reserch with Sabrina and let her eat an egg or two for some energy, will post again as soon as shes ready to leave.

Thanks so much for this fun mission and Opalsns you stilll rock!!! now to figure out that posting...hummm :mad:

39f01d66-acf8-4ecc-9ce9-78d5f277a58a.jpg

I figured you would get it all figured out.

Only seen by three people!!!!LOL!!!!!!

She's a beauty.

Opalsns

:D He HE who are the 3? lol i saw them in hand one day during a lunch with scavok about a month ago, actually i would have saw it had it been the red one because its alot more obvious, but to be truthfull i did not notice, but i didnt have a chance yet its only been 4 days ,,lol i never did the "gaze" lol. but i had lunch with scavok and had the coin board,, he mentioned it, and i said no way! and he said yup! and i said no way! and he said yup,,, and i said noooo im gonna have to go look so i got up(in the middle of my lunch at culvers) and went and looked in the car and yup it was!!!!! but more then the coin that was an awsome thing you did opalsns contacting him and cordinating the whole thing for easter with the 2 missions!!!! i will allways remember you for that!! :( big smiles!!!!! i still get excited to just think about it!!! :)

i spent the eave e-mailing to try to get a hearts desire for another cacher, i should know by tomarrow if it will work and if not i have a second hearts desire i will seek for tomarrow! :)

She's a beauty.

Opalsns

:D He HE who are the 3? lol i saw them in hand one day during a lunch with scavok about a month ago, actually i would have saw it had it been the red one because its alot more obvious, but to be truthfull i did not notice, but i didnt have a chance yet its only been 4 days ,,lol i never did the "gaze" lol. but i had lunch with scavok and had the coin board,, he mentioned it, and i said no way! and he said yup! and i said no way! and he said yup,,, and i said noooo im gonna have to go look so i got up(in the middle of my lunch at culvers) and went and looked in the car and yup it was!!!!! but more then the coin that was an awsome thing you did opalsns contacting him and cordinating the whole thing for easter with the 2 missions!!!! i will allways remember you for that!! :D big smiles!!!!! i still get excited to just think about it!!! <_<

i spent the eave e-mailing to try to get a hearts desire for another cacher, i should know by tomarrow if it will work and if not i have a second hearts desire i will seek for tomarrow! :D

Yup,

Me , You and ,Him. He is an awesome person. When I got your name for the mission, I thought, How do I surprise a Man, who's stilll young, and a DJ, and probabally not into "cutsie" Easter things.

So I checked out your seeking list and saw Scavok coins all over it , so I emailed him. After a few weeks of figuring out what was going on with his messed up coins. He sent That Beauty to me. Perfect timing all around I say !!!!

But the surprise was for me in the end. He refused to charge me for the coin or the postage to get it here so fast, ( I won't tell you how much, but let's just say, incredible amount).

He said, " It would end up in DJ's hands anyway!!!

" You have Great Friends in High Places!!!!!"

And now I do too!!!!!!

Opalsns

Any room for another participant? I found out that the witch was only a few blocks away(DJ lives in the same neighborhood as I do and is probably somewhat responsible for my growing addiction :) ) and asked about discovering it, but learned that it was taboo.

So I would like to humbly request being added to the mission.

Where are the sisters?

i believe she is having a wonderfull time by D.J.J.Rock and they are waiting for something special for a other lovely cacher :D:ph34r:

yes you are correct.. but i think shes getting ancy,, her broom keeps sweeping up all the toys every where!!lol,, soon she will depart!! :lol:

But, Then who will help Zariah pick up the toys???? LOL!!!!!!!

Actually, Sabrina is moving faster now than she was a month ago.

She's going to a fourth participant in a month or month and a half. THAT's Fast. She must get better milage in the warmer months!!!!

WOOO HOOOOOO.

Opalsns

She's a beauty.

Opalsns

:angry: He HE who are the 3? lol i saw them in hand one day during a lunch with scavok about a month ago, actually i would have saw it had it been the red one because its alot more obvious, but to be truthfull i did not notice, but i didnt have a chance yet its only been 4 days ,,lol i never did the "gaze" lol. but i had lunch with scavok and had the coin board,, he mentioned it, and i said no way! and he said yup! and i said no way! and he said yup,,, and i said noooo im gonna have to go look so i got up(in the middle of my lunch at culvers) and went and looked in the car and yup it was!!!!! but more then the coin that was an awsome thing you did opalsns contacting him and cordinating the whole thing for easter with the 2 missions!!!! i will allways remember you for that!! :sad: big smiles!!!!! i still get excited to just think about it!!! :D

i spent the eave e-mailing to try to get a hearts desire for another cacher, i should know by tomarrow if it will work and if not i have a second hearts desire i will seek for tomarrow! :ph34r:

Yup,

Me , You and ,Him. He is an awesome person. When I got your name for the mission, I thought, How do I surprise a Man, who's stilll young, and a DJ, and probabally not into "cutsie" Easter things.

So I checked out your seeking list and saw Scavok coins all over it , so I emailed him. After a few weeks of figuring out what was going on with his messed up coins. He sent That Beauty to me. Perfect timing all around I say !!!!

But the surprise was for me in the end. He refused to charge me for the coin or the postage to get it here so fast, ( I won't tell you how much, but let's just say, incredible amount).

He said, " It would end up in DJ's hands anyway!!!

" You have Great Friends in High Places!!!!!"

And now I do too!!!!!!

Opalsns

you are right, I cant say enuff good things about Scavok. he's one of those pepole, Ive enjoyed knowing him for the past half year. I remember the day i met him we talking coins and i have my hands full with his metal, and he handed me a copper-peach tengwar!!! i still think WOW,,, what a guy!!

its been a pleasure from day 1 and i cant say that about alot of my friends. :lol:

Added another player to the list...

Maine Family

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs