MISSION: The Witch's Coin Chain Mission!

Nochipra

Now that Sabrina is flying again to her next destination (thanks Sparticus06!), it's a good time to jump in and join the mission. If you are thinking about it, post here or send me an email through my profile and I will add you to the list.

usyoopers

TeamEccs21

lorca.nl

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

grodan & fiabus

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

The 4 F's

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

Went to the mailbox this afternoon expecting nothing but bills, but when I opened it, I saw a padded envelope....YAY!!! that can only mean one thing...COINS!!!!!! :) Sabrina picked up an absolutely ADORABLE cow on her way to Miami! ;)Thank you very much, Sparticus06, it was a really, really nice and unexpected surprise!!!

Just a few minutes ago, she cackled that she's going to rest this weekend then she's heading to a certain someone who has been patiently waiting for her arrival for quite some time! :)

IMG_3055.jpg

This morning, Sabrina grabbed a bug-eyed toothy guy and started heading to her next destination! :D

Received The Witch's Coin Chain Mission: 01/24/09

What you received with the Witch's Coin: Wisconsin WGA 2008 geocoin and a witch pencil

Have a coin I can send immediately: Yep!

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: Nope!

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: Yep! Sent it this morning!

Went to the mailbox this afternoon expecting nothing but bills, but when I opened it, I saw a padded envelope....YAY!!! that can only mean one thing...COINS!!!!!! :) Sabrina picked up an absolutely ADORABLE cow on her way to Miami! :DThank you very much, Sparticus06, it was a really, really nice and unexpected surprise!!!

Just a few minutes ago, she cackled that she's going to rest this weekend then she's heading to a certain someone who has been patiently waiting for her arrival for quite some time! :P

IMG_3055.jpg

Sorry it took me a bit to reply. You are very welcome. I checked out your list and seen you was looking for the cow. Luckily I had one laying here, and knew that you had to be the one to get Sabrina next.

Sabrina flew in here yesterday afternoon with her bug-eyed toothy friend in tow (I LOVE it!! :laughing: ) She was also dragging along The 4 F's personal coin, all that weight to carry had her pretty tuckered out by the time she made it here!

She is warming up a bit, checking out flight plans. We'll help her on her way real soon.

Sabrina and her friends

e341019c-ff1b-4272-a330-f4d88efa2011.jpg

Sabrina - Witch's Coin Chain Mission Coin #1 - UPDATE!

135_5544.jpg Well, she flew into Orrington ME today with snow on her heels!

Received The Witch's Coin Chain Mission: 2/6/09

What you received with the Witch's Coin: Cacheapiller (I think it is - the cute little Catapiller on a leaf and the GWVI Evil Micro - thank you usyoopers!!!!!

Have a coin I can send immediately: Yes and it was on someone's list too!

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: Not Needed!

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: She will be reving up her broom and dusting on her way tomorrow morning! Where will she fly next?

So happy to have helped with this mission - Life is Good!

Sabrina is flying so fast now! This is great! See below for an updated list!

TeamEccs21

lorca.nl

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

grodan & fiabus

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

Sabrina will be on her way in the morning...........oh, my - she may have lost her hat..........dancingwitchhat.gif. Ah, but regardless, do not dispare. Witches have spare hats on their brooms.

Watch for Sabrina to land quickly...........at an address which has had the welcome mat out for this lady for a long, long time! Whoooooshhhhhhhh...............she is off and darn mad she is sitting on the kitchen table tonight!

Urghhh, I hope I won't be cursed!

since i keep doing missions, i need to get my act together and list my coins. any suggestions on how to list them?

You have many options....

- you can list your coin on a paid site (at the risk of starting an advertising thread, I will just say that there are a couple of very popular ones that you can find by clicking on people's trade links in their signature)

- you can create a google document (this is what I did) or list them on your blog/website

- some people have taken one of their activated geocoin or TB pages on geocaching.com and listed all their trade/seek lists there (thought that was a good way to do it)

- other people just periodically post updates of which coins they have and which coins they are seeking in the Trading post that's pinned at the top of this forum. This type of post can be found by your mission sender by taking a read through your forum posts from your profile page.

Just some ideas for you...

Since Sabrina will be flying soon, I want to keep the participant list up to date for all of you...you never know where she will end up next!

TeamEccs21

lorca.nl

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

grodan & fiabus

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

UFgatorgirl

since i keep doing missions, i need to get my act together and list my coins. any suggestions on how to list them?

You have many options....

- you can list your coin on a paid site (at the risk of starting an advertising thread, I will just say that there are a couple of very popular ones that you can find by clicking on people's trade links in their signature)

- you can create a google document (this is what I did) or list them on your blog/website

- some people have taken one of their activated geocoin or TB pages on geocaching.com and listed all their trade/seek lists there (thought that was a good way to do it)

- other people just periodically post updates of which coins they have and which coins they are seeking in the Trading post that's pinned at the top of this forum. This type of post can be found by your mission sender by taking a read through your forum posts from your profile page.

Just some ideas for you...

Some good ideas here - thank you for sharing.

Sabrina has landed! :D

She dropped into my mailbox this afternoon and has already attended an event.

She arrived just in time to go to the SE Michigan monthly meet and greet.

I'll try to post some pictures later.

Congratulations!! Which coin did she bring you on her broomstick? :-)

Edited by Li-Z

Yes, TeamEccs21, please give us more details! We love to see the pics! :D

Updated list:

lorca.nl

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

grodan & fiabus

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

UFgatorgirl

FScout

I would love a visit from Sabrina. So please count me in if it is not to late. Yes I am on the address list. I don't have many coins yet but will do as milleballon has done and list what I have on my profile page.

Do not forget to change your signature in your forum profile. That way everybody can see it.

From the gc.com forum: Go to My account, then on the right side go to "view my account details" new!

The in the first table bottom: Signature: review forumsignature

Easter is in april this year and maybe Sabrina will visit Sweden in time for that. We have a tradition here to celebrate easter like this explained in wikipedia:

In Finland, Sweden and Denmark, traditions include egg painting and small children dressed as witches collecting candy door-to-door, in exchange for decorated pussy willows. This is a result of the mixing of an old Orthodox tradition (blessing houses with willow branches) and the Scandinavian Easter witch tradition.[citation needed][49] Brightly coloured feathers and little decorations are also attached to birch branches in a vase. For lunch/dinner on Holy Saturday, families traditionally feast on a smörgåsbord of herring, salmon, potatoes, eggs and other kinds of food. In Finland, the Lutheran majority enjoys mämmi as another traditional Easter treat, while the Orthodox minority's traditions include eating pasha (also spelt paskha) instead.

So she is very welcome here.

Hope she travels safe and visit many on her tour.

grodan Karin

Hope those owls are happy in their new home.........it seemed they were a wanted species ~ happy I could provide them with a transplanted home. May Sabrina have a save journey across the ocean..........

Cache on and cache happy all!

:yikes:

The Owls are extremely haappy in their new home.

Thanks again for a couple of great coins.

:D

Hmm. I don't see my name on the list. I signed up way back on page 1.

I'm still interested in participating, and my address is in The List.

My seeking list is on cointracking under 'ECplus3'.

In post 196 (and I think just before that actually), I suggested that people re-volunteer for this mission if they were interested. The mission had lapsed for quite some time and I wanted to make sure that those that were on the list were still interested, still watching the thread, still able to fulfill the mission, etc. So I asked for people to post their interest again since it had been so long since the initial call for participants. Plus it would make it easier for me (as the interim mission organizer) to keep track of things (purely selfish).

Here is the updated list with you added in!

lorca.nl

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

grodan & fiabus

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

UFgatorgirl

FScout

E&CPlus3

a little hard time over here and what do we need...........

jep a little sweet funny lady indeed..........

some lady that bring some laugh`s around here.....

that let us drink laugh possions in stead of beer.........

and today in the sky we hear a little yell.............

Lorca on the side i wanna land well......

and we look up and what did we see.......

SABRINA was fly happy and free..............

Lorca was jumping of happyniss...........

and now our house is fill with only lovely bliss..........

TeamEccs21 THANK YOU SO MUCH ...............

Lorca say DANK JE WEL in dutch.............

Thanks to you the happyniss is here begun......

and Lorca and Sabrina have nothing then fun......

And all the beautiful Coins and Pathags that Sabrina bring......

TeamEccs21 you are really a QUEEN and a KING.........

Sabrina and TeamEccs21 you give us a very big SMILE.....

We let stay Sabrina with us for a little while..........

Now it`s time to let the world see..........

How spoiled we are by you three..........

sabrina001.jpg

ohhh and the girls wanna do tomorrow only one thing........

and that`s go geocaching.......

sabrina001.jpg

Wow!! Sabrina had a heavy suitcase carrying all those beautiful coins and pathtags :o Congrats Lorca!

Yeserday I thought I saw an unidentified flying objest in the skies above the Netherlands, but now I know: it was Sabrina :-))

Congats to lorca.nl!

See below for an updated participant list:

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

grodan & fiabus

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

UFgatorgirl

FScout

E&CPlus3

burgessfour

sabrina001.jpg

we are glad to hear that Sabrina has landed safely. While we have sent many coins and pathtags around the world this is the first time we have sent a coin that didn't belong to us and that we couldn't replace if it went missing. It's a relief to see her in good hands,

Anne. thanks for your kind words and your are very welcome. Glad you enjoyed the coins that Sabrina carried your way.

Treat her well

WAUWIEEE ...........

Sabrina is a very bussy lady hihihi......

we went cache yesterday and we had so much fun.......

the two lady`s where playing and when i had the right cordiezzz they went look for the cache.....

they where so bussy with each other that i had to jump in and tell them to sign the book......

well they did....

vandaag010309005.jpg

anyway the two lady`zzz are playing and i`m looking for a new adrezz for Sabrina........

she will fly again this week and i will let you all know when she is in the sky again..........

WAUWIEEE ...........

Sabrina is a very bussy lady hihihi......

we went cache yesterday and we had so much fun.......

the two lady`s where playing and when i had the right cordiezzz they went look for the cache.....

they where so bussy with each other that i had to jump in and tell them to sign the book......

well they did....

vandaag010309005.jpg

anyway the two lady`zzz are playing and i`m looking for a new adrezz for Sabrina........

she will fly again this week and i will let you all know when she is in the sky again..........

Lorca, You are one very lucky and beautiful dog. Now as for your owner :

WAY TO GO :laughing: !

Sabrina - Witch's Coin Chain Mission Coin #1 - UPDATE!

Received The Witch's Coin Chain Mission: 28/02/2009

What you received with the Witch's Coin: teamEccs21 coin ~April showers ~ Spring coin (don`t know the name) and very lovely pathagzzz :D

Have a coin I can send immediately: Jepp i did :)

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: nope i did`t ;)

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: after we take care for her a little while Lorca and me take her with uzzz today and we wolk to the post office and we where readdy to wave her out.............

but when we came by the postoffice it was closed :)

well not really :) because we had a fun wolk but we did want to let her fly again.....

so i take Sabrina to my work tomorrow and go in that town to the postoffice so that she can fly again ;)

Wohoo!!

Sabrina landed safe here in Gothenburg, Sweden today. She had a heavy load of coins and goodies with her. :lol:

So very nice of you, I love the coins, are they really both for me to keep?

I´m now starting to research where to send her. I´ll keep you posted.

f223a4f7-8f2c-4642-9e99-3016deb9aaaf.jpg

Thank you lorca.nl, you are very kind! :rolleyes:

grodan Karin

Edited by grodan & fiabus

As the witch has now swooped down to visit grodan, we shall have an updated list...

DJ.J.ROCK

Maine Family

Li-Z

brewmeister

KernowCachers

GeoKs

Frozen Buns

uktim

Just a Trifle

opalsns

die_anita

kd&prettierhalf

Cheesy pigs

paganfrog

susiemerlin1

AlliedOz

UFgatorgirl

FScout

E&CPlus3

burgessfour

Penny and Kona

I think the best thing about this is waiting to see where she goes next, and what she decides to take with her. This is very cool , there should be more of these type of missions because they take so long to go thru the list of peps. She is very busy carrying all that luggage around her broom must get tired?

Received The Witch's Coin Chain Mission: march 16-09

What you received with the Witch's Coin: 2 great coins a ghostmagnet, a microcanpin and some sig items.

Have a coin I can send immediately: hmm, I´ll try to trade for a special coin

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: e-mail sent march 18

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: Soon I hope

Thank you again!!

grodan Karin

I think I would sign up to be on the list but I feel responsible for Helga not moving on.

Who was Helga sent to when she disappeared?

Would it be in bad taste for me to sign up again? I received one of the witches once already (don't remember which witch...) but would be happy to send her or her sister along again. :)

CF30

Hello All - as I am only the volunteer mission organizer (Nochipra originally set this mission up and donated the coins), I am at a loss as to how to respond.

Helga was sent to Taubin by fairyhoney and through no fault of fairyhoney's (how would you know?), Helga did not surface again. Our only hope is that whatever has led Taubin away from the forums and this mission will dissipate and she will return and join us again. Hopefully nothing serious has happened to Taubin.

On that note, we have people interested in participating in the mission again. This is a compliment to those completing the missions and sending our Sabrina on flying around the world! But, on the other hand, we have many people signed up on the list eagerly awaiting any sight of this witch on a broom...some have been waiting for awhile now.

So what to do, what to do...quite a quandary. The only thing I can suggest is adding another traveling coin with a similar mission with a new list of participants. That way, those who have already had the chance to visit with a witch can enjoy another round with a different coin. If the list of participants in the Witch's Mission dwindles down to zero, we can always start again or finish it off and send Sabrina home for a rest (depending on what people want to do).

I would be interested in contributing a coin for this but patience will be needed as what I have in mind will not be in place for another 6 weeks. If someone else has a coin that might be suitable and would like to start another round, I would be happy to administer that as well on their behalf or give advice on how to do it (it's pretty straightforward).

I look forward to your opinions/comments!

edited: stupid spelling

Edited by ELTADA