MISSION: The Witch's Coin Chain Mission!

Nochipra

Ok everyone here is a new suprise ongoing mission that you can particpate in. I have activated a 2008 Walpurgis Event Witch geocoin http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.as...32-eac841f75173 and her mission is to fly to different cachers mailboxes accompanyed by another coin on that recipient's seeking list or on their heart's desire list. Once you receive the two coins you get to keep the coin that the witch brings you but you MUST forward the witch coin to the next person who is willing to participate (who's name should be within the posts on this thread). Please post here that you are willing to participate and whether your name and address are in the on line address book that has been posted here on the forum (here is that thread http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...=175199&hl= . Once there are enough people who have posted that they would like to particpate I will pick a name by random number generator for the FTR (FIRST TO RECEIVE) . That person will receive a coin off their seeking list or heart's desire list and another random coin that I choose. I hope you all have fun with this new ongoing mission :D

WHHOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT

I love your witch coin but i can't forfull the mission because i have not enough coins to give coiners there heart disere and i have no seekings list.

Soo................... it is a pity for me.........

But can you still send the witch, i take care for her and i discover her and let her fly to the right coiner.....

Whooottt i love the witch.

Or has somebody my nerd on there heartdesire. :D

Sign me up, please! :anicute: Sounds like fun. I am in The Book! :anicute:

If I don't have a coin that is on the next person's seeking or hearts desire (how do I set up a hearts desire list?) list do I just send out a random cool coin they don't yet have? Or would I have time to make a trade?

CF30

P.S. Geo.Error - I'm sure your Nerd would be a welcome gift. :D

Edited by Crowesfeat30

WHHOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTT

I love your witch coin but i can't forfull the mission because i have not enough coins to give coiners there heart disere and i have no seekings list.

Soo................... it is a pity for me.........

But can you still send the witch, i take care for her and i discover her and let her fly to the right coiner.....

Whooottt i love the witch.

Or has somebody my nerd on there heartdesire. :D

Oepsssssss i am not in the adress book, can not play. :anicute:

:anicute: Thanks Crowesfeat30 for your kind words. :anicute:

I am going to watch this mission and enjoy the pictures. :anicute:

Succes everybody with this witch mission but watch the witch...... you never know what she does. :anicute:

Sign me up, please! :anicute: Sounds like fun. I am in The Book! :anicute:

If I don't have a coin that is on the next person's seeking or hearts desire (how do I set up a hearts desire list?) list do I just send out a random cool coin they don't yet have? Or would I have time to make a trade?

CF30

P.S. Geo.Error - I'm sure your Nerd would be a welcome gift. :D

Good question :anicute: ?

Yes.

I am in the address thingy!

So, just to see if I have the concept correct.

If 100 folks sign up and it takes about 2 weeks for the package to get to each person...it may take almost 2 years for the last person to get a coin - and I'm guessing that last person needs to send it all back to you Nora?

So basically that would make it a mail TB. If everyone 'grabbed' the coin from the previous location would that be considered wrong? It would be cool to see the mileage and maybe some photos along the way. Or maybe it would it be cool to add a traveling log book along with the coin too?

Hmmm, maybe a cutoff of 20 people per coin and send out more than one?

Just a thought!

:D

Naomi

I guess it depends on the intent....I think it would be cool to have it go on indefinitely with mileage and photos but then I'm not sure everyone would actually have a chance to get involved - at least not in the very near future.

Ok, I can see the problem with a coin that is on someone's seeking list or heart's desire list (what I mean by heart's desire list is the people who have posted a coin or coins they desire in that thread), so I'll change it to just a random coin that you can send along with the witch's coin that you think someone would like (but I would prefer if you can find a coin on a seeking list or heart's desire list first even if you have to trade for it just like you would a regular mission). If you are going to trade for the mission please post here that you are doing so and it may take a little more time to get the coins out. As for the limit of people who will receive the coin, I was just going to make this a continuing mission that could go on forever. I'm just doing this as an experiment first and then if I see it is going well I may send out more coins in the future.

When you recieve the coin please post it like this to this thread:

Received The Witch's Coin Chain Mission: (give date)

What you received with the Witch's Coin: (please post pics)

Have a coin I can send immediately: Yes or No

Am in the process of trading for a coin for the Mission: (approx. how long it will take to complete the trade)

Witch's Coin Mission is Sent: (give date)

As long as the mission is sent to the next person in a reasonable amount of time that is ok with me. If you all can think of anything else just let me know. Also as far as the icons go, what I would like is for you to dip the coin in a cache and then retrieve it before sending it to someone else so that you can get the icon similar to the Sisterhood and Brotherhood of the Traveling Cache Bug I sent out. I want this to be fun and something everyone can look forward to receiving. It will be the neverending mission ;)

Edited by Nochipra

Ok next question, how will we know who to send it to next? or will it just be a random name we pick to send it too (from the list of names in this thread)?

It can be sent to a random person (but preferably to someone who has said they would like to participate in this thread). It should be easier to get their address too since most have said they are in the forum address book. Just please send it to someone you know is responsible enough to get the coins to the next recipient in a reasonable amount of time.

Ok next question, how will we know who to send it to next? or will it just be a random name we pick to send it too (from the list of names in this thread)?

Why not have a last sign-up date and then enclose all the participating geo.nicks with the cons ?

I think it would be easier that way.

Well, there are already quite a few names listed already that want to participate so I will give it until Wed. July 2 at 9:00 EST (I will probably be out late Tues night so I will make it Wed. night) and then I will pick a name for the FTR (First To Receive). You will not know you have been chosen as the FTR until you receive the coins in the mail. I'll announce the cut off time as it gets closer but after that I will continue to let people say that they would like to participate in this thread so that when a person receives the coins they know who is interested in getting it next and who is willing to send it along to the next person. Please do not sign up to receive it if you are not going to be responsible enough to keep it going within a reasonable amount of time. If this works well then I will more than likely send out at least two more of these coins as #2 and #3 to increase the chances for more to participate.

Edited by Nochipra

is it maybe possible that the first one put a little note by the coins and that everybody who recieved the mission also put his/her name on the note so that we can see who had it??

and how long can we keep the coin, what is the time limit to send it to someone else??

can`t wait to read all the witch story`s ;)

If everyone wants to sign the letter I will be sending with the coin that expanations how the mission works, that will be fine and then people can add paper to the log as needed. If you have a coin that you can send to the next person in your possession then please try to send it out within a week of receiving it otherwise if you are doing a trade to get the next recipient a coin on their seeking list or one of their heart's desire coins then I think two weeks is a resonable amout of time to complete the trade and get the coins out to the next person. Everyone wants a chance to receive this mission and it would not be fair to hold on to it since others would be waiting to receive a coin they would like. Just please keep in mind that I am doing this as a test and if I see that people are not sending it out within a reasonable time then I will not release the other witch coins I planned to send out like this one so more can enjoy the missions.

I'm in, and my name is in the address book.

I guess we could also pick the person to send the coin to next based on the coins we have available. So you simply pick someone that desires a coin that you happen to have (or otherwise do a trade, I think it's much nicer to see that someone has gone to the trouble of finding a coin you actually are yearning for, instead of sending out a random coin).