Wouldn't it be nice...

books54751

I have one suggestion for the webpage: How about putting an OBVIOUS link on the account page to renew your premium membership? Like right in the box that says you are a member until XXX XXX.

I go through this every year and I don't want an automatic renewing membership.

Thanks

Oh, I think he wants an actual link in that box to the Renewal site. Right now it just says you are a Premium Member and when your subscription expires. But there is no link there that takes you directly to the Renewal page. And, it is a bit buried there in that column.

Personally, I'd like it if we could rearrange the sections of that column. I always have to scroll down to find "My Friends" and "My Inventory" - and I never use "Field Notes".

Oh, I think he wants an actual link in that box to the Renewal site. Right now it just says you are a Premium Member and when your subscription expires. But there is no link there that takes you directly to the Renewal page. And, it is a bit buried there in that column.

Personally, I'd like it if we could rearrange the sections of that column. I always have to scroll down to find "My Friends" and "My Inventory" - and I never use "Field Notes".

I agree, a modular system a user could customize to their specific whims would be a supreme feature in the new version currently being developed. Perhaps as another premium member perk to add to the list of paid membership encouragements.

I like that modular idea. I'm guessing you mean in the way you can customize your Google home page with weather and news etc. Pretty heavy dev work though.

I think in the short term we can probably deal with adding a link to renew in that area you suggested. ;)

I like that modular idea. I'm guessing you mean in the way you can customize your Google home page with weather and news etc. Pretty heavy dev work though.

I think in the short term we can probably deal with adding a link to renew in that area you suggested. ;)

Microsoft fairly recently opened up the code for Web Parts so you can use them separately from Share Point. Its fairly easy code to implement and work with both IE and Firefox. :)

I think in the short term we can probably deal with adding a link to renew in that area you suggested. :D

Although what you brought up isn't a bad idea either, I was thinking more along the lines of being able to organize my home page in a manner that suits me best. Looking at the right side, we already have the categories divided into blocked sections, but they aren't in the order that would necessarily be most efficient to me. I have visited web sites that allow me to move those categories around either by raising or lowering their priority in the list, or by physically moving the blocks of categories. It's really very cool and it allows me to place links closer to my clickability rather than making me scroll then click.

I wouldn't expect this in the current version, nor would I expect it in the release of the upcoming version, but somewhere down the line would be a nice thing to keep in consideration.

I think in the short term we can probably deal with adding a link to renew in that area you suggested. :D

Gee, I mentioned this months ago here. It seems a lot of my suggestions go unnoticed until someone else suggest them :D

I realize the adding modularity to the site is some heavy duty dev work, I'm sure, if it had been started on when I suggested it back in February, there would be quite a bit of work already completed on it. It would definately make the site more user friendly and useful.

Edit: Spelling correction

Edited by krnlkilr

I think in the short term we can probably deal with adding a link to renew in that area you suggested. :(

Having the sections be draggable like Google would be tough. How about just a selection list in preferences with a "move up"/"move down" button?

331q1si.jpg

I think in the short term we can probably deal with adding a link to renew in that area you suggested. :(

Having the sections be draggable like Google would be tough. How about just a selection list in preferences with a "move up"/"move down" button?

331q1si.jpg

With the sections listed that way, would you have to select one in order to go to the subfunctions? If so, that's an extra step. How about listing the subfunctions (i.e. Build Pocket Queries, Edit My Profile, View Friends, etc.) and allow them to be sorted with the up-down arrows? Or, select the ones you want to always show and then a catchall for the rest.

331q1si.jpg

With the sections listed that way, would you have to select one in order to go to the subfunctions? If so, that's an extra step. How about listing the subfunctions (i.e. Build Pocket Queries, Edit My Profile, View Friends, etc.) and allow them to be sorted with the up-down arrows? Or, select the ones you want to always show and then a catchall for the rest.

Are you suggesting an up/down button for all of the sections? I can't imagine it would matter much since this probably wouldn't be changed much.

Just the ability to put the subsections that I use (i.e. Build Pocket Queries, Edit My Profile, View Friends) at the top of the list. I imagine most people only use 3 or 4 most of the time but they reside in different sections. By putting just the section titles means one would have to remember which section held which subfunctions and then drill down one by one. Otherwise, just leave as is.