The travel bug is not really a travel bug so I am confused

Hellolost

This weekend on vacation I found a dinosaur. It has a piece of paper with it that says "Help me get to California"

Dinosaurs across route 66 (in a picture) Then... my name is Angus. I would like to travel to a cache named Aurora and gives the coordinates. Then please leave me in the Aurora cache so I can be picked up by Epic Duff.

The date on the paper is July 20th, 2007

It also says when moved please indicate in your log which cache you found me in.

On the back are two "logs" written by fellow cachers. One from MO found 8/22/07 and another one found 12/9/07.

There is NO travel bug tag. I can see that this has been sitting in the cache for a really long time. I don't know what to do. I would like to contact the owner to let them know I am getting it much closer to where it needs to go but are they even still looking for it?

Anyone got any ideas on how I can make sure this dinosaur makes it journey faster then before. I already switched out the bag it was in for a clear plastic zip lock bag. The other bag was a sort of grocery bag.

Any ideas how I can contact someone for this "bug"

Edited by Hellolost

I couldn't find a trackable named Angus that looked like it might be it (just a cursory search), but I found the profile for Epic Duff and he has an email address listed in his profile. His location is listed as Villanova Prep School, so that sounds like him. I'd say email him b/c I'm sure he could contact the owner or at least let you know who it is.

Sounds like a travel bug sent out without a tag. Not trackable, but traveling anyway. Like some of the earliest TBs. Move it, and make a note that you did on the cache page. EpicDuff has never posted in the forums, and hasn't visited the website since 9/07. But you could try sending and email to ask what it is.

I searched all the TBs named Angus, and found no dinosaurs.