thanks to my geocaching buddy

The Hand of Nod

:) I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank a friend of mine. magcman from Idaho who is living here in the West Midlands Uk for the next two years. This guy introduced me to geocaching last week, we signed in on his account and found a new multi cache just down the road where I take the dog for walks. And I'm hooked, He has lent me his gps and i've been out near every day for the last week. I now need to convince my wife that we really do need to spend that much money on a gps unit and that it will be very helpful in lots of ways :anicute: If anybody has any advice for a newbie I'd love to hear it.

I also now need new boots and a bike to get to some of the further away caches as I dont drive. Thanks Magcman for giving something else to spend my money on!!

Its almost like thanking your friend for hooking you on crack cocaine! :D

Its great fun and will, if you let it consume your free time! HAVE FUN!!!

Well outside the sunburn, cuts, infections, poison ivy, exposure to disease carrying insects and occasional broken bones, geocaching is a lot healthier for you than crack cocaine.

:D

:anicute: I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank a friend of mine. magcman from Idaho who is living here in the West Midlands Uk for the next two years. This guy introduced me to geocaching last week, we signed in on his account and found a new multi cache just down the road where I take the dog for walks. And I'm hooked, He has lent me his gps and i've been out near every day for the last week. I now need to convince my wife that we really do need to spend that much money on a gps unit and that it will be very helpful in lots of ways :anicute: If anybody has any advice for a newbie I'd love to hear it.

I also now need new boots and a bike to get to some of the further away caches as I dont drive. Thanks Magcman for giving something else to spend my money on!!

well I recently purchased a new GPS and there are a couple sugestions I would make, first make sure you can hook the unit too your pc, that makes for easy downloads of cache sites. second you can find a good deal on E-Bay if you just want to save money But again I have one other sugestion, look at REI. They are not the cheapest and you'll pay a little more But a year or two or even several years down the road you can take the unit back and get a complete refund, which means you can upgrade to a diffrent unit or whatever, the same is also true of Hiking boots. If you become a member you get a refund @ the year end about 10percent. check it out & no I don't work for REI, my Nephew turned me on to the idea...