Are you Team Fire and Ice?

nashuan

Hey all:

I have a "Come Together" coin that I picked up recently. It is one half of a two-coin set that fits its mate. It started life in Germany and has a mission statement to rejoin its other half on February 29, 2008. Unfortunately, this date passed before I got my hands on it and I don't know what the owners would like to do with it at this point. I have emailed the owners at two different addresses I found, but have not yet received a response. It doesn't look like they've posted here before, but I'm hoping that someone here might know them. Here is a pic from their profile:

b4cdc384-9073-4b2b-bffe-fa1f527737c1.jpg

and here is a pic of the "Yang" side of the coin:

2008-06-21034b.jpg

I think the other half of the coin is currently in Australia. Any suggestions?

Great sleuthing map monkey! I should have figured that out on my own, but yeah, it looks like the sibling half got muggled before it had any chance to travel. Because of your lead, I checked the log for the piece I have and the first entry came from "Mommy Finder" who said they got it directly from "Team-Fire-And-Ice". I have sent an email and perhaps will get an updated address to TFAI from there. I don't want to put my half back into circulation and clog up the works for no reason. If I can contact the owners and that's what they want, then fine, let the Yang continue the life it has started, but if I can't get in touch with them, maybe I'll hold onto it for now. Would that be considered muggling? I guess technically, the other half could show up, I've read comments about other coins going missing for long periods of time. It's just that there was a specific time-sensative mission that cannot be met now and I'd like to know what the owners want. If they don't care, then I'll pull it out of circulation.

Great sleuthing map monkey! I should have figured that out on my own, but yeah, it looks like the sibling half got muggled before it had any chance to travel. Because of your lead, I checked the log for the piece I have and the first entry came from "Mommy Finder" who said they got it directly from "Team-Fire-And-Ice". I have sent an email and perhaps will get an updated address to TFAI from there. I don't want to put my half back into circulation and clog up the works for no reason. If I can contact the owners and that's what they want, then fine, let the Yang continue the life it has started, but if I can't get in touch with them, maybe I'll hold onto it for now. Would that be considered muggling? I guess technically, the other half could show up, I've read comments about other coins going missing for long periods of time. It's just that there was a specific time-sensative mission that cannot be met now and I'd like to know what the owners want. If they don't care, then I'll pull it out of circulation.

Just because you don't hear from the owners, pulling it out of circulation and keeping it is still not right. If you don't hear from them, I would just put it back into a cache and send it on its way as a traveler.

Hi,

i´m also a german Geocacher. I will write something to this Team.

Stay tuned!

Uuuups, i think, the Internetside of this Team is down.

Could you copy a link of this Coin, or copy the TBxxxx Number, here?

Matlock75

Edited by matlock75

Just because you don't hear from the owners, pulling it out of circulation and keeping it is still not right. If you don't hear from them, I would just put it back into a cache and send it on its way as a traveler.

I'm considering pulling it out of circulation as a last resort. To be honest, I don't really know what to do with it and am trying to flesh out some ideas here. So, you folks are kind of like visiting the inside of my head right now :) I've only had it for about a week, so there's no real rush to do anything with it. Perhaps its owners are on vacation and don't have internet access, but for all I know the're no longer among the living and this coin will wander around and around with nobody watching its aimless travels :anicute:

I'm hoping to get a responce from Matlock75 or from Mommy Finder. Maybe a good thing to do is to get it back to Germany? Would you, Matlock75 be willing to take it if I send it to you (I will send a PM after posting this message)? Are there any other German cachers that would be interested in receiving it?

You can just send it on its way. If the owner wants to change the mission, they can just edit their TB page. In the meantime, let it travel. Don't pull it out of circulation, we have enough people out there doing that to trackables unintentionally.

Hi nashuan,

please do the coin in the next cache. So he can travel. :)

It would be nice, if you would remove attached task. We are entry according of the Coin. Unfortunately, a part of it disappeared in Australia, so that the two coins no longer be merged. Yet one remaining part in the U.S. next move.

We thank you. :)

Greetings from

Team Fire & Ice

Steffi and Heiko

Hi nashuan,

please do the coin in the next cache. So he can travel. :)

It would be nice, if you would remove attached task. We are entry according of the Coin. Unfortunately, a part of it disappeared in Australia, so that the two coins no longer be merged. Yet one remaining part in the U.S. next move.

We thank you. :)

Greetings from

Team Fire & Ice

Steffi and Heiko

Greetings from America Steffi and Heiko:

Keep an eye on your mailbox. I sent you the coin two or three days ago, I think your kinder wanted to come home for a visit :D If you would like the coin to come back here to travel, give it a new mission and send it back to me. I will be happy to release it in a nearby cache to continue its journey. It is still listed as being in my posession so it will be easy for me to move it. I am so glad to hear from you :)

Also, I would like to thank Matlock75 for offering to take the little guy and place it in a cache for me in Germany, and thank you to everyone who shared their thoughts to this post and helped to give this coin a new life.