Unlimited Watch Lists

Bookmark Lists and Ignore Feature

Instant Log Notification Feature

Subscriber-Only Caches

Change your forum title

You are the *first* to see new features

Caches along a route

... are the member caches better? ...

No, on average MOC caches are not any better than standard caches. Obviously there will be a few exceptions. Even if MOC caches were ever eliminated, Pocket Queries would make the Membership Subscription worthwile. If you only grab two or three caches per weekend, you won't see very much benefit except to support the site.

Another bennie is for a mere $30 a year, you get to help support GCdotcom so we can all keep playing. I went through the same internal debate....do I pay to join or no? After geocaching for a month or so it became apparent that I wanted to do this for a while so I just figured I needed to pay my dues.

Just wanted to konw why I should upgrade from a members perspective, also are the member caches better? Why? Thanks.

My member caches are better (better trade items, scenic locations). My member only caches last longer, and retain the quality of trade items longer too.

You own eight cache listings, and you've found over 100 caches. These cache pages don't run for free, someone has to pay for the bandwith. Since I started in 04, i've seen dozens of solid improvements in the game.

I remember when:

There wasn't an ignore list.

There wasn't a bookmark list.

There were no attributes.

There was no Geocaching Google maps.

There was no new cache notification emails (we used to search the nearest caches multiple times per day looking for new listings.)

I could go on and on. I'm glad i've been a premium member since 2004.

Premium memberships used to be the primary support for the website (aside from buying stuff in the Groundspeak store.) Travel bugs and geocoins have to be a good part of this sites income today.

i don't like MOC and won't hunt them just on principle.

i became a member right at the outset in order to support the site. i never gave a thought to "what's in it for me?"

i think i was a member for over a year before i had any use for member features.

Just wanted to konw why I should upgrade from a members perspective, also are the member caches better? Why? Thanks.

My member caches are better (better trade items, scenic locations). My member only caches last longer, and retain the quality of trade items longer too.

You own eight cache listings, and you've found over 100 caches. These cache pages don't run for free, someone has to pay for the bandwith. Since I started in 04, i've seen dozens of solid improvements in the game.

I remember when:

There was no new cache notification emails (we used to search the nearest caches multiple times per day looking for new listings.)

Premium memberships used to be the primary support for the website (aside from buying stuff in the Groundspeak store.) Travel bugs and geocoins have to be a good part of this sites income today.

Nice Body Slam!!!!!!!! Im convenced. Will Join Soon, Good Power Play!!!!

I remember when:

Hey Kit Fox, you also forgot improved online service! There was a couple of years there Groudspeak couldn't keep up with the bandwidth demand and kept crashing. You don't see that happen as much with the added servers and the tweaks and upgrades to the software.

The best reason is to support the site that is listing all of these caches you find. Running it isn't cheap.
This is a great reason! Where else can you have this much fun for a measily 3 bucks a month?

Only $2.50 a month if you know what you're doing ;D

I remember when:

Hey Kit Fox, you also forgot improved online service! There was a couple of years there Groudspeak couldn't keep up with the bandwidth demand and kept crashing. You don't see that happen as much with the added servers and the tweaks and upgrades to the software.

I vividly remember having to wait until Monday or even Tuesday to log finds because the sight was "always down" at the end of the weekend.

I remember when:

Well....at the same time, that's when I was uploading tons of photos. I haven't been uploading my pictures for a while. Coincidence? I think not. :D

For all the above reasons and because you are in Tennessee you will get to find most of my caches 90% are members only, not that they are that special

Joe

Correction. You get to *see* JoGPS' caches. FINDING them is a WHOLE 'nuther story. :anicute::D

I gave up expecting to find his caches. It's good to know that I will be able to enjoy the cache areas multiple times, however.

:anicute:

Edited by sbell111