OT: Pin Design I'm working on

maldar

Hello again everyone,

After learning some bad news from a friend I decided to work on this design. The first image is the rough draft I did in about one minute.

gpsrpinkribbonroughsa0.jpg

The following image took me the last few hours, with the help of a photo of the GPS unit.

gpsrcancerpinrk7.th.jpg

To my knowledge there are no other pins like this, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Would there be much interest in this design? Ideas on improving the image are welcome as always.

My idea was to help raise funds for my friend's father. They don't have insurance and I was planning on all proceeds going to help pay medical bills. All future sales after these bills have been covered would donate not less than $1 to help locate the coordinates for a cure.

To GC.c, I hope my post does not break any rule, please edit what you must. I'm just trying to help a friend.

Thanks,

maldar

Edit: image

Edited by maldar
Hello again everyone,

After learning some bad news from a friend I decided to work on this design. The first image is the rough draft I did in about one minute.

gpsrpinkribbonroughsa0.jpg

The following image took me the last few hours, with the help of a photo of the GPS unit.

gpsrcancerpinfm3.jpg

To my knowledge there are no other pins like this, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Would there be much interest in this design? Ideas on improving the image are welcome as always.

My idea was to help raise funds for my friend's father. They don't have insurance and I was planning on all proceeds going to help pay medical bills. All future sales after these bills have been covered would donate not less than $1 to help locate the coordinates for a cure.

To GC.c, I hope my post does not break any rule, please edit what you must. I'm just trying to help a friend.

Thanks,

maldar

I like to collect pins so sure, so I would purchase these special if it is to help out for a good cause. Sorry to hear the bad news and I will continue to pray for your friends father.

Valarie of sweetlife

Are you planning on making this pin trackable? If not, we can't allow it to be discussed/sold here.

I was considering it, but I'm not sure if there was enough interest nor enough space for the wording on the back of the pin. I need to check with some pin makers about that, but it is still the weekend.

If I have to I can take it off site.

maldar

Edit: Spelling

Edited by maldar

There was a Breast Cancer Awareness coin done sometime ago that used the trademarked pink ribbon. GACacher was behind that one so I am sure he could advise you on using the trademarked logo and how he went about getting permission to use it so you aren't violating anything copyrighted. Good luck.

Are you planning on making this pin trackable? If not, we can't allow it to be discussed/sold here.

I was considering it, but I'm not sure if there was enough interest nor enough space for the wording on the back of the pin. I need to check with some pin makers about that, but it is still the weekend.

If I have to I can take it off site.

maldar

Edit: Spelling

Closing thread until it's decided that it will be trackable. If it's not, you'll need to handle this offline - including NOT using these forums to announce it, gain interest, etc.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Thanks.