The Coin Dropping Fairy

Crowesfeat30

We havent had a chance to post anything yet since we been home from MWGB, but wanted to let everyone know we were blessed with receiving the Mystery Coin Dropping Fairy Geocoin. Actually Bella (our African Grey/who was the only real live parrot was at the Bash) had a visitor from the Mystery Goin Fairy, while we were out and when we came back we moticed that Bella's spray bottle had been moved and there it was the beautiful coin was sitting under her bottle.

Thank You so Much Coin Dropping Fairy for making our time at the event a very memorable one. We will always cherish this coin in our collection forever.

Many hugs to you.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

P.S. Picture will follow soon, and wanted to congradulate everyone else who got blessed by this beautiful coin lately.

Edited by sweetlife

While at the Friday night coin swap at the midwest geobash, a fairy handed me a coin and then flitted away before I could see her. I looked at the coin she left me and couldn't believe it! It was from The Coin Dropping Fairy! I was so excited I ran around and showed everyone my Fairy Coin! ;)

Thank you so much and congrats to everyone ele who has found a fairy coin!

DSC_0403.jpg

Edited by tadpole379

After unpacking our stuff, we got all of our mystery coins together and posting a picture of them

We found the Coin dropping Fairy coin in our campsite (I think bella actually got the coin)

e1fe59c9-bf91-44cd-a007-ea51b3a6f52d.jpg

Thanks to the coin dropping Fairy for this awesome coin

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

We got a "lead" on where a coin dropping fairy coin might be while at MWGB, but alas, when we went there...we didn't find anything. I did manage to be able to get a parrot mystery coin, but no others....

I love that they are out there though.

Maybe someday I'll be able to get my hands on a coin dropping fairy coin. that is one NICE coin!!

(We were able to get a "that name which cannot be mentioned in these forums" fairy personal swag item! LOL) :laughing:

News Flash!!!

The Coin Dropping Fairy is testing her wings again!!

I was working on picking up some closeby caches as the weather started to warm up a bit here. I went to HNY09 – H.O.P. Trail #1 – Bella’s Gift Box and boy did I find a gift nearby! Here's my log...

I drive by here quite often and finally decided that today was the day to grab these two caches as it was the nicest day in quite awhile. I decided to head for the farthest one from the car first and on the way to the cache saw many tracks of deer and other animals. On the way to this cache I noticed other markings in the snow but dismissed them as due to the wind. I found the cache quite easily and then I realized what those other markings in the snow really were--the Coin Dropping Fairy!! The log read that she had dropped something nearby so I started my search and wandered around for quite awhile. I was ready to expand my search to the other cache and check everywhere in between but soon enough I found the prize in the bark of a nearby tree. Great coin! Thanks GCF!! I was SO excited!! This was quite a gift to receive indeed! I left nice swag in the cache for the next finder. TFTC LadyBee4T

I only had my cell phone with me and it only works part of the time so I couldn't get a great picture but here is #71!!

be832d57-e89d-4dc5-80d4-9ce2c2cb2d69.jpg

Thanks Coin Dropping Fairy!! Its a great coin and glad to see you out and about again!!

News Flash!!!

I was working on picking up some closeby caches as the weather started to warm up a bit here. I went to HNY09 – H.O.P. Trail #1 – Bella’s Gift Box and boy did I find a gift nearby! Here's my log...

I drive by here quite often and finally decided that today was the day to grab these two caches as it was the nicest day in quite awhile. I decided to head for the farthest one from the car first and on the way to the cache saw many tracks of deer and other animals. On the way to this cache I noticed other markings in the snow but dismissed them as due to the wind. I found the cache quite easily and then I realized what those other markings in the snow really were--the Coin Dropping Fairy!! The log read that she had dropped something nearby so I started my search and wandered around for quite awhile. I was ready to expand my search to the other cache and check everywhere in between but soon enough I found the prize in the bark of a nearby tree. Great coin! Thanks GCF!! I was SO excited!! This was quite a gift to receive indeed! I left nice swag in the cache for the next finder. TFTC LadyBee4T

I only had my cell phone with me and it only works part of the time so I couldn't get a great picture but here is #71!!

Thanks Coin Dropping Fairy!! Its a great coin and glad to see you out and about again!!

Glad you found my coin where I left it. Since it was a warmer day, I was able to take the time a fly around. Hope you enjoy the coin. :( Coin Dropping Fairy

News Flash!!!

Glad you found my coin where I left it. Since it was a warmer day, I was able to take the time a fly around. Hope you enjoy the coin. :( Coin Dropping Fairy

:) I have never seen a real fairy before! :lol:

Hi Coin Dropping Fairy :(

Edited by burgessfour

News Flash!!!

Yes, I will definitely treasure this coin because of the meaning behind it! :)

Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo. saw a note on 1 of our caches where "The Coin Dropping Fairy" had gotten tired & landed nearby......We hopped on down here & looked all around till Mrs.Frog croaked" Ribbit, Ribbit,Ribbit, I found it......Thanks so much to "The Coin Dropping Fairy" for this great surprise... we will be sure to take good care of it..........

Edited by DaFunkyFrogs

Woooooooooooooo Hoooooooooooooo. saw a note on 1 of our caches where "The Coin Dropping Fairy" had gotten tired & landed nearby......We hopped on down here & looked all around till Mrs.Frog croaked" Ribbit, Ribbit,Ribbit, I found it......Thanks so much to "The Coin Dropping Fairy" for this great surprise... we will be sure to take good care of it..........

Congratulations!! Its a great coin!!!

Congrats on the Fairy coin! I know my daughter (Tamster56) would love to see one of these coins. She is totally into Fairies and especially Tinkerbell (she has Tink stuff all over her room), she even has a picture of Tinkerbell as her avatar on these forums.

I wonder what it would take to get the fairy to head over here to the beach??? Hmmm... What can we use to entice her to fly this way... I'll have to confer with my fairy expert (Tamster56) and see what we can do to get the fairy to head this way....

Congrats again on this awesome coin!!!!

I guess the Coin Dropping Fairy or someone else who believes in fairies like I do must have seen my dad's post because I found this in our stack of mail today.

CoinDroppingFairy.jpg

This coin is now my all-time favorite coin and I have already picked out the perfect spot for this coin among all my other fairy collectibles. I especially like Tinkerbell, but I think the Coin Dropping Fairy may just bump Tink out of the top spot now.

Here is picture of my new favorite coin with a couple of my favorite Tink items.

CoinDroppingFairyandTink.jpg

So, THANK YOU to the Coin Dropping Fairy and to whoever sent me this wonderful gift! My dad thinks he knows who sent it (if it wasn't TCDF), but he is mean and won't tell me.

Am I the latest to have the fairy wand waved my way? I was fortunate enough to find a CDF coin while visiting the GPS Adventures Maze exhibit at the Putnam Museum in Davenport, IA on 5/30/09. Like an earlier finder, I had to think for an embarrassingly long time before "TCDF" rang a bell... ugh! I was so surprised to find the coin the ol' synapses weren't firing quite right! :D (Note to self: if the initials don't make sense, turn the coin over...)

What a cool coin and what an amazing, unexpected way to receive it. I did not see the fairy drop the coin -- is she super-flitty? Practically invisible? Or am I just really, really dense? (No need to answer that one, thanks!) Either way, I was honored and very happy to be the recipient.

I think mine is #048 -- anyone keeping track of which numbers have been found?

THANKS, CDF! You made a great weekend even better!

Nice to see the Fairy is gettin around steady! :D ... Congrats to all who's fairyfull goodness has been dropped upon!

I found one thing out this weekend...Shredded Cheese is by no means any sort of fairy dust replacement! Its great on Taco Salad, but cant shake a stick at the real deal fairy dust! Sure get some odd looks tryin and leaves a mess in yer hair, so dont even bother! :)

I was just testin :anicute: ... :D