The Coin Dropping Fairy

Crowesfeat30

I found a beautiful coin near a cache today. One I have not seen before. Has anyone else found one of these? It was hidden as if just dropped near the Tour De Grant Wherigo cache I did today. It's a beautiful coin with a fairy sitting on an ammo can on the front & this sweet verse on the back:

I stopped to drop

a little token

to leave a gift

of something that's spoken.

It should put a smile

on your face,

and make your caching

a better place.

TCDF

I took some pictures where I found it:

TCDF003cr.jpgTCDF004cr.jpgTCDF006sm.jpg

And posted a log to thank The Coin Dropping Fairy for her gift:

my log for Tour De Grant Wherigo

Once I got home I took some better pictures than the ones I took in the field. Here is a close up of the front & back:

coins299sm.jpgcoins303sm.jpg

It is so shiny I had to take the picture of the back at a sharp angle so the message could be read. Thank you so much Coin Dropping Fairy!! This little token, this gift will be a treasure of my collection. It will grace my collection forever! :laughing:

Has the Coin Dropping Fairy dropped any coins in your area yet?

CF30

Oh!!! Congratulations Sarah!!! WOW the coins is beautiful and the fairy is very cute!!!

you deserve it my friend! you gave so much with you cointest, and made many of us, so happy!!! :laughing: Fairies are watching....:D

You found this coin outside of the cache? It was near the cache? Not inside?? WOW!

Congrats Sarah! Couldn't have happened to a better person.

How exciting, another mystery coin. And, what a cute coin this one is! Reminds me of Tinker Bell. DD's daughter Heather is just going to go bonkers when she sees it. My daughter also loves Tinker Bell.

....Anthus

Sarah, That is a very beautiful treasure you were really blessed with. Congrads girl, We are so glad you are the first one we have heard or seen that has gotten this mystery Fairy Geocoin.

Thanks Coin Dropping fairy for springing your fairy dust, hope domeday you will fly over here to Mountain, Wisconsin some day in your travels.

Barry and Valarie of sweetlife

I hope a lot more of these start popping up soon. :laughing: A lot of folks here deserve such a beautiful coin! :D

Here's a wierd thing: TCDF has logged three caches in & near St. Louis but so far only one coin found and not for lack of looking. Maybe the other finders are not forum frequenters?

CF30

I'm glad to see that at least one of the coins that I had lost has been found. I will be leaving more in my travels as I run from here to there. If you happen to find one, I hope you treasure it. :anicute:

Here in Europe we really believe in fairytales. And most of the stories came from this continent. So the Coin Fairy is more than welcome in our woods :D

This little fairy had me thinkin from the day i saw her post here! Its REAL, she is a coin dropping fairy! The fairy dust wasnt just a threat!!! :)

Awesome!!! I wonder if she will drop her fairy dust around the other caches rather than in them??? :) Guess only time will tell!~Eagerly awaiting for time to tell me! :)

Congrats Sarah! Very Cool!!!

I had seen that there was 3 sightings of the fairy north of me. It was a 2 and a half hour drive so I got together with another cache to make the drive up there to see if we could get lucky and make a day of caching out of it. When went to all 3 spots that had been visited and it was at the second stop that we got lucky. MutherAndSun and myself was at the cache site when JustUsTwo came walking up, they too had seen the logs and was going to check it out themselves. We all started looking for it and I was the lucky one who came up with the coin. Thanks Coin Dropping Fairy for such a great gift. It will always stay in my collection. :D

I had seen that there was 3 sightings of the fairy north of me. It was a 2 and a half hour drive so I got together with another cache to make the drive up there to see if we could get lucky and make a day of caching out of it. When went to all 3 spots that had been visited and it was at the second stop that we got lucky. MutherAndSun and myself was at the cache site when JustUsTwo came walking up, they too had seen the logs and was going to check it out themselves. We all started looking for it and I was the lucky one who came up with the coin. Thanks Coin Dropping Fairy for such a great gift. It will always stay in my collection. :D

Congrats Joranda on your find, it's a lovely looking little coin......you certainly deserved it after the long drive up there etc, well worth it though I think!!

Ali :D

:D Congrats Joranda with finding the coin drop fairy mysteriecoin. :huh:

Congrads Joranda, on finding a mystery coin and a beautiful one at that. We are so glad to have finally gotten your first Mystery Coin. I been hoping and praying that the Coin dropping Fairy will shed her fairy dust and spread her wings here to me for my birthday on July 15. What a wonderful Birthday that would make it for me.

Valarie of sweetlife

I had seen that there was 3 sightings of the fairy north of me. It was a 2 and a half hour drive so I got together with another cache to make the drive up there to see if we could get lucky and make a day of caching out of it. When went to all 3 spots that had been visited and it was at the second stop that we got lucky. MutherAndSun and myself was at the cache site when JustUsTwo came walking up, they too had seen the logs and was going to check it out themselves. We all started looking for it and I was the lucky one who came up with the coin. Thanks Coin Dropping Fairy for such a great gift. It will always stay in my collection. B)

Oh, congrats, Joe! :) I'm so glad that someone else has finally found one too! :( Keep droppin' those lovely coins, TCDF!!! You have lots of people watching your travels! :D

CF30

Congrads Joranda, on finding a mystery coin and a beautiful one at that. We are so glad to have finally gotten your first Mystery Coin. I been hoping and praying that the Coin dropping Fairy will shed her fairy dust and spread her wings here to me for my birthday on July 15. What a wonderful Birthday that would make it for me.

Valarie of sweetlife

well I didnt get get blessed on my birthday by the Coin Dropping Fairy, but at least I was blessed with a pot full of gold by the Geo_Lephracaun. I still hope and pray that you send me someday your beautiful coin, ooh and by the way I think your freckels are so darn cute :D

Valarie of sweetlife

We found one of these beautiful coins inside the post of a chain link fence at MWGB. Saw a string tied to the chain link that went under the cap of the fence post. We had been looking all over when out caching and luckily found one Friday night!! Thanks Coin Dropping Fairy!!!