PQs from Bookmarks - Auto adjusting?

CoyoteRed

If I make a bookmark of certain caches and then turn that into a PQ. If I later add a cache to the bookmark is that cache also added to the PQ? Hoping someone can answer that off the top of their head without me having to burn off some PQs to find out.

Also, does it matter if it's a bookmark I created or someone created? I.e. if I create a PQ from someone's favorites bookmark, if they add a cache will I get the new cache in my PQ?

TIA.

Edited by CoyoteRed

If I make a bookmark of certain caches and then turn that into a PQ. If I later add a cache to the bookmark is that cache also added to the PQ? Hoping someone can answer that off the top of their head without me having to burn off some PQs to find out.

Also, does it matter if it's a bookmark I created or someone created? I.e. if I create a PQ from someone's favorites bookmark, if they add a cache will I get the new cache in my PQ?

TIA.

Each time the PQ is run, the current bookmark is used so the answer to your question is Yes.

I do this all the time.

Each time the PQ is run, the current bookmark is used so the answer to your question is Yes.

I do this all the time.

I do it as well, I have a bookmark which every week I clear. Then I add all the geocaches that didn't get updated in my pq's that I load to GSAK. Then I run the bookmark pq and all the geocaches which were archived are updated in GSAK to indicate they are archived.

I do this all the time.

I do it as well, I have a bookmark which every week I clear. Then I add all the geocaches that didn't get updated in my pq's that I load to GSAK. Then I run the bookmark pq and all the geocaches which were archived are updated in GSAK to indicate they are archived.

Let me see if I understand this. When you update GSAK, the caches that didn't get updated are added to a bookmark. This bookmark is associated with a PQ. When this PQ is sent to you, all of the caches on the bookmark list is sent, including the archived ones. Is this correct?

So, if a person creates a bookmark list, shares it, on a daily basis adds all caches that are archived in, say, his state or region he can make this bookmark list public. Then anyone who is interested, and has the ability, can make their own PQ from this bookmark and receive a relatively up-to-date PQ of all of the archived caches in his state or region. Am I thinking this through properly? Is this feasible?

If so, then while it is some work there is a viable work-around to the archived cache issue--though it kind of flies smack into the face of the reason we don't get archived caches in PQs to begin with. ...and labor intensive.

I have never try to make a PQ from someone else's public bookmark, don't know if that works. But a PQ made from my bookmark list will include all the geocaches in the bookmark even if they are archived. Of course I don't know if that is an oversight that will be corrected as soon as gc.com programmers notice this thread. But every week I clear all the geocaches in my special bookmark then hand add all the geocaches that didn't get updated. This bookmark is manually scheduled i.e. once I have all the geocaches I want on it, I click "Days to generate" to what ever the day is, and set "Uncheck the day of the week after the query runs". It runs and then I can get all those geocaches updated at once.