Rally Caching

PNZ

Has anyone organize a Rally that involves grabbing as many caches in a set time period with 25 to 50 caches placed, And will GEOCACHE.COM allow this many caches to be published at one time. I am not trying to make an event just a series of caches that can be quick and easy grab and go.

Has anyone organize a Rally that involves grabbing as many caches in a set time period with 25 to 50 caches placed, And will GEOCACHE.COM allow this many caches to be published at one time. I am not trying to make an event just a series of caches that can be quick and easy grab and go.

Please keep this really bad idea in the West and Southwest. Easier for me to ignore.

It's been done for the past 5 years in the Northern Nevada area. It is hosted by GBES (Great Basin Eastern Sierra Geocachers). Here's the GC code for this past years Rally: GC19H7H It's an off-road navigational rally with about 50 caches that you can log. We just had the 2008 Rally a couple of weeks ago. It's an amazing event and something I look forward to each year. Not only do you get the fun of geocaching, you are being timed doing it, and you get to use your navigational skill away from the city streets. They put on a Friday night run and a Saturday run. It's a total blast!

Bernard (Bernsports)

Edited by Bernsports

I love the idea!

It's been done for the past 5 years in the Northern Nevada area. It is hosted by GBES (Great Basin Eastern Sierra Geocachers). Here's the GC code for this past years Rally: GC19H7H It's an off-road navigational rally with about 50 caches that you can log. We just had the 2008 Rally a couple of weeks ago. It's an amazing event and something I look forward to each year. Not only do you get the fun of geocaching, you are being timed doing it, and you get to use your navigational skill away from the city streets. They put on a Friday night run and a Saturday run. It's a total blast!

Bernard (Bernsports)

Yes, check out the event that Bernsports is talking about. Jodi and I had never done a rally before and this combined it with geocaching and is terrific. We have done it for two years now. (Bernsports beat us this year by the way.)

Sounds fun but....

In a Rally, you run the course in a specific time (lose pooints for arriving early or late). In Race, you see who can do it fastest.

To get the caches published, and event or anything, it would have to be legal. This means your course must be off the city streets, have the needed permits, etc. The caches would need to stand on their own. To be published, the need to abide by the guidelines. In particular, the saturation and permanance guidelines.

This may be a bit more complex than you are looking for, but I would love to see John (of jahoadi and john) in a foot race against PhantomWSO or anyone else for that matter. Esapecially if it we 20 caches at .25 apart on a clear August day and in an open desert.

Edited by Moose Mob

MooseMob said

"This may be a bit more complex than you are looking for, but I would love to see John (of jahoadi and john) in a foot race against PhantomWSO or anyone else for that matter. Esapecially if it we 20 caches at .25 apart on a clear August day and in an open desert."

I would love to see that!!!! Would even pay for tickets I think.....

WooHoo! Burning daylight......

MooseMob said

"This may be a bit more complex than you are looking for, but I would love to see John (of jahoadi and john) in a foot race against PhantomWSO or anyone else for that matter. Esapecially if it we 20 caches at .25 apart on a clear August day and in an open desert."

Sign me up! (As a spectator of course!) :anitongue:

Bernard (Bernsports)

Oh, ya. I completed every year but bagged out this year. GBES Off-Road Rally is a winner! The fun could undoubtedly happen On-Road, Foot or Mountain Bikes?! If you create it like The Great American Race but keep it to a county or two... wow!

Better stick to the road I think - because many Jeep owners will be able to go! :laughing: (Just kidding, Jeep Friends).

Please keep this really bad idea in the West and Southwest. Easier for me to ignore.

I completely agree. This would be hard to ignore so you better keep it as far to the Wild West as possible... CVC area comes to mind.

MooseMob said

Sign me up! (As a spectator of course!) :D

Thanks guys, when are we going caching again??? I haven't seen many Reno(or Vegas) cachers lately!! :D

Edited by jahoadi and john