Garmin 60Csx hangs afrer maps upload

Yesterady I activated the Europe City Navigator 2008 maps on my mapsource. After replacing the v9 maps by the selected 2008 maps, I send the maps and waypoints to the device. There's around 750 Mb, including some topo maps from France and Belgium. My card is 1Gb.

As usual, building indexes, maps, and transferring takes a ... long ... time ..but :

When finished the garmin was down (and I did'nt check the option to shutdown the garmin after transfert)

and .. when starting, it boots and, at 26% loading, the screen vanishes and all strops.

I'm using firmware 3.60 and Mapsource 6.13.7

I tried with fresh batteries .. same problem

I tried without the card and ... IT works :D , but without data :laughing: of course !

So where does the problem comes from ???

the card ?

the data on the card ? bad transfert issuing a startup error

a compatibility issue between version 2008 and the Garmin GPS ?

Today I will buy a micro sd card reader and try to erase the card and start the map transfert agin ... if someone has already a solution for this issue, It would be greet.

By the way, are there micro SD card faster than others to speed the garmin when in working ? Mine is a sandisk 1 Gb. Does Sandisk Ultra II or III really be faster or does the Garmin hardware limit the speed ?

By the way, are there micro SD card faster than others to speed the garmin when in working ? Mine is a sandisk 1 Gb. Does Sandisk Ultra II or III really be faster or does the Garmin hardware limit the speed ?

Garmin says not to use the Ultra cards. To keep it simple, they will just not work properly in your GPS.

to gates59 : that's what I already tried and it works but without the card

to fratermus : It hangs everytime, and after a long long waiting time (> 1 hour no better result

So, I replaced my SD card by a Sandisk 2 Gb (non ultra) and it works fine. I checked the old 1Gb using linux and it seems that there was only 1 large file on it .....