Allanon

So when IS Easter?

Do this equation and you will know:

c = y / 100

n = y - 19 * ( y / 19 )

k = ( c - 17 ) / 25

i = c - c / 4 - ( c - k ) / 3 + 19 * n + 15

i = i - 30 * ( i / 30 )

i = i - ( i / 28 ) * ( 1 - ( i / 28 ) * ( 29 / ( i + 1 ) )

* ( ( 21 - n ) / 11 ) )

j = y + y / 4 + i + 2 - c + c / 4

j = j - 7 * ( j / 7 )

l = i - j

m = 3 + ( l + 40 ) / 44

d = l + 28 - 31 * ( m / 4 )

I find it much faster and easier to just google it :laughing:

Im lucky I stumbled across the bottom half of this thread and I see a discussion about the Quad Cities Cache Machine.

Travis, could you start a thread for it so that peeps can find it quicker?

As soon as I figure out a date, yes. Otherwise, the thread that everyone will be looking at for the next three months will start out with March season April season March season April season Wabbit season.

So, um... timidly... April 18? Don't tell me that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is planning a Haggis Hunt to celebrate Paul Revere Day.

So when IS Easter?

Do this equation and you will know:

c = y / 100

n = y - 19 * ( y / 19 )

k = ( c - 17 ) / 25

i = c - c / 4 - ( c - k ) / 3 + 19 * n + 15

i = i - 30 * ( i / 30 )

i = i - ( i / 28 ) * ( 1 - ( i / 28 ) * ( 29 / ( i + 1 ) )

* ( ( 21 - n ) / 11 ) )

j = y + y / 4 + i + 2 - c + c / 4

j = j - 7 * ( j / 7 )

l = i - j

m = 3 + ( l + 40 ) / 44

d = l + 28 - 31 * ( m / 4 )

Please don't use this in a puzzle cache :D:laughing::)

Im lucky I stumbled across the bottom half of this thread and I see a discussion about the Quad Cities Cache Machine.

As soon as I figure out a date, yes. Otherwise, the thread that everyone will be looking at for the next three months will start out with March season April season March season April season Wabbit season.

So, um... timidly... April 18? Don't tell me that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is planning a Haggis Hunt to celebrate Paul Revere Day.

No fair, Travis! You will ruin International Juggler's Day and National Animal Crackers Day for me. :D:laughing::):(

No fair, Travis! You will ruin International Juggler's Day and National Animal Crackers Day for me. :D:laughing::):(

Shouldn't that be The Jester's complaint? :P

How about March 21st for the Cache Machine? That seems like a good date.

NO. NO. NO. BAD. BAD. BAD day for a cache machine. My son graduates from college that day.

It appears that there really isn't going to be an ideal day for everyone. I am in a wedding on April 18th, so that date won't work for me. Not that I expect an event to be scheduled just for MY convenience.... but I can always dream....

Shouldn't that be The Jester's complaint? :D

Nope! I have multiple GPSr's that I can juggle while caching, and munch Animal Crackers while driving. I'm complaining about missing the Haggis! I haven't found any since we were in Scotland - even the local Highland Games can't find any. :P

:):laughing::D

Nope! I have multiple GPSr's that I can juggle while caching, and munch Animal Crackers while driving. I'm complaining about missing the Haggis! I haven't found any since we were in Scotland - even the local Highland Games can't find any. :P

You can always make your own. Don't worry, I won't be at all offended if you don't invite me to partake. :laughing:

If you haven't had any, you don't know what you've missed. It's actually quite tasty. Haggis, Neaps & Tatties is common Scottish meal. And knowing what it's made of doesn't bother me, anymore than knowing what goes into some of those tasty sausages I like does. Maybe I should make one and bring it to the next geo-potluck... Of course, I won't tell anyone what it is until they've had some...

Edited by The Jester

Maybe I should make one and bring it to the next geo-potluck... Of course, I won't tell anyone what it is until they've had some...

If you go through all that trouble, I will try some. :unsure: (feeling quite safe because if sounds like an all-day ordeal to make it and you'll never find all the mutton offal that goes into it) :antenna:

I wouldn't commit yourself yet PP...you might want to ask grossi what she thought of it. She tried it in Scotland when she was there recently... :D

go put some lipstick on the grooms collar and that will at least get the wedding date pushed back! Well a dedicated geocacher would do that but I understand if you heart isnt into it we all have different levels of comintment to geocaching. :D

Ha! Ha! Ha! :D I don't want to get that close to the groom! I have been wanting my friend to postpone the wedding (indefinately....permanently!) anyway, but that is just my opinion. Believe me.... my dedication to geocaching is greater than my dedication to this wedding.....however.....she has been a close friend for many many years and at my advanced age, I'm even a bridesmaid! This is a major bummer to me. A cache machine in my general area of the woods, and I can't go to it. <sob, sob> :D;):P I'm sure you guys will have no fun at all without me being there! ;)

go put some lipstick on the grooms collar and that will at least get the wedding date pushed back! Well a dedicated geocacher would do that but I understand if you heart isnt into it we all have different levels of comintment to geocaching. :laughing:

Ha! Ha! Ha! :huh: I don't want to get that close to the groom! I have been wanting my friend to postpone the wedding (indefinately....permanently!) anyway, but that is just my opinion. Believe me.... my dedication to geocaching is greater than my dedication to this wedding.....however.....she has been a close friend for many many years and at my advanced age, I'm even a bridesmaid! This is a major bummer to me. A cache machine in my general area of the woods, and I can't go to it. <sob, sob> :):):sad: I'm sure you guys will have no fun at all without me being there! :)

Weddings happen every day...cache machines only happen every few months :P

Maybe I should make one and bring it to the next geo-potluck... Of course, I won't tell anyone what it is until they've had some...

If you go through all that trouble, I will try some. ;) (feeling quite safe because if sounds like an all-day ordeal to make it and you'll never find all the mutton offal that goes into it) :(

You actually don't have to make it to bring it. I've even got some in my pantry. Not the same as from scratch, but much easier to deliver.

They even ship it pre-made and frozen... :D

If you go through all that trouble, I will try some. :D (feeling quite safe because if sounds like an all-day ordeal to make it and you'll never find all the mutton offal that goes into it) :)

You actually don't have to make it to bring it. I've even got some in my pantry. Not the same as from scratch, but much easier to deliver.

They even ship it pre-made and frozen... :P

Wow! Thanks! Great link, I'll have to order some soon...

It might be time to start this thread. :lol:

I was thinking of booking a room but I'd like to have an idea where the start and dinner are going to be (Lewiston/Clarkston or Pullman/Moscow).

It might be time to start this thread. :lol:

I was thinking of booking a room but I'd like to have an idea where the start and dinner are going to be (Lewiston/Clarkston or Pullman/Moscow).

well just stay tunned. when the page is posted it will all become clear. we have a deal on hotel rooms in lewiston so please hang on

well just stay tunned. when the page is posted it will all become clear. we have a deal on hotel rooms in lewiston so please hang on

Thanks Brad. If the page is almost ready, I guess can be patient a little longer. I just don't want to get a room in Lewiston if the start, or dinner is in Pullman.

A separate thread for this event would still be nice when Travis is ready.

Thanks Brad. If the page is almost ready, I guess can be patient a little longer. I just don't want to get a room in Lewiston if the start, or dinner is in Pullman.

A separate thread for this event would still be nice when Travis is ready.

I'm with ya. I hope Travis posts something soon, so I can get my room booked.

I think I understand this. However, I've gotten stuff wrong in the past, so I want to be sure.

I'm supposed to log a "Will Attend" on the cache page before the event. Then I'm supposed to go to the PSC and check out the maze. Finally, I should log that I attended the event. Right?

Is there anything more to it? Will there be some way for us 'veteran' cachers to recognize one another? 'Cause so far, the only cachers I know by sight are a family member and a guy who married an old high school friend. I'd like to meet some of the Seattle crowd, though you might think I don't, since I haven't gone to any gatherings or CITOs or anything in the year I've been doing this.

I think I understand this. However, I've gotten stuff wrong in the past, so I want to be sure.

I'm supposed to log a "Will Attend" on the cache page before the event. Then I'm supposed to go to the PSC and check out the maze. Finally, I should log that I attended the event. Right?

Is there anything more to it? Will there be some way for us 'veteran' cachers to recognize one another? 'Cause so far, the only cachers I know by sight are a family member and a guy who married an old high school friend. I'd like to meet some of the Seattle crowd, though you might think I don't, since I haven't gone to any gatherings or CITOs or anything in the year I've been doing this.

Actually, there's a whole lot going on this weekend and it's going to be pretty hectic and confusing for some.

First, Groundspeak is hosting a 2-hour regular Event Cache this Saturday to celebrate the Maze opening. Attending that allows you to post an Attended log and get an Event Cache icon on your profile. I'm sure there will be name tags for everyone to wear...so all you'll have to do is read everyones chest to see who they are.

Second, the GPS Adventure Maze opens its run at the Pacific Science Center. People who pay to go to that and complete it get to post an Attended log and get a new icon for their profile. The maze will be at PSC for a few weeks so it doesn't have to be done this weekend.

So, you can potentially get 2 new icons for the events in addition to any other caches you find during your trip.

...and a great time was had by all! :) We estimated about 300 folks showed up for the opening event. What a crush! But great to see folks from near and far (Montana, Oregon, New Zealand!). And the GPS Adventures Maze was very well done (even if a couple of the coded doors kept sticking). Woo hoo, a new icon! :ph34r:

Came across this on Twitter

@PacSci Pacific Science Center geocoins are in and look outstanding! Available Saturday during our grand opening of GPS Adventures!

$14.99 with science center logo on one side and signal on the other.

Hope they have enough!

I got one and it looks great but Oakcoins doesn't recognize the tracking number to give me an activation code. Anyone else have this trouble?