Look What I Found...

Allanon

So it seems a date has been set (as noted above).

"» March 28 - May 4, 2009 - Pacific Science Center

Pacific Science Center, located in Seattle, WA, is a not-for-profit science foundation serving one million people a year in every county of Washington state, inspiring a lifelong interest in science, math and technology by engaging diverse communities through interactive and innovative exhibits and programs."

I would like to plan a vacation around this and would be interested in attending an event if it was held.

Anyone know of anything in the pipeline? Dates etc.

Edited by TheBeanTeam

If tradition holds true for future Maze shows, there will be at least one Event during the run of the exhibit.

The one opening in Rochester on the 24th of January has an event scheduled two weeks later, on February 7th. The one in Bridgeport was about 3 weeks into the run.

As for when it will be for the Seattle run, only the Lackeys know for sure.

I hope they don't have the event on the opening weekend of the Maze show, because that's when Travis is having his next cache machine.

I'm in discussions to perhaps change the Pullman/Moscow/Lewiston/Clarkston Cache Machine to April 4. Sounds like that would work a lot better for people. That's why I keep my dates tentative :D

[Edit: Hmm... Maybe not. That's "Mom's Weekend" in Pullman, which means more expensive and fewer hotel rooms. Thinking...]

Edited by travisl
I'm in discussions to perhaps change the Pullman/Moscow/Lewiston/Clarkston Cache Machine to April 4. Sounds like that would work a lot better for people. That's why I keep my dates tentative :D

[Edit: Hmm... Maybe not. That's "Mom's Weekend" in Pullman, which means more expensive and fewer hotel rooms. Thinking...]

It doesn't sound like they usually have the event on the opening weekend of the exhibit, so you're original date should be ok.

I'm in discussions to perhaps change the Pullman/Moscow/Lewiston/Clarkston Cache Machine to April 4. Sounds like that would work a lot better for people. That's why I keep my dates tentative <_<

Aack! Stoppit Travis! ohnoes.gif I have the original weekend blocked out at work and am going to have to mess with clients' appointments if you move it to April 4.

My apologies, Pandora and ihavecats, but I've also heard from several cachers who don't want to have to choose between the two events, particularly if GC.com staff -- perhaps Jeremy? -- will be speaking at the Pacific Science Center that weekend. Beyond that, even though I'm not a WSGA member, I think it's in their best interest to build this relationship with the Pacific Science Center, so the better attendance that the PCC event can get, the better.

April 4, however, won't work either. The hotel in Lewiston that we'll likely get the best deal from already has 40 of their 60 rooms booked for Mom's Weekend, and that's something like 30 miles away from WSU. It's just gonna get worse as the date approaches.

I checked Shop99er's calendar, and April 11 looks wide open. I'm placing a stake in the ground here. The Quad Cities Cache Machine will be April 11, not March 28 nor April 4. Again, I apologize for anyone who is going to have to rearrange schedules -- or worse, miss the event :lol: -- because of this date change. I think this will end up being the best result for the most people. (It's also a little more likely that the weather will be better and the passes more open, which is why I'm not looking at March 21.)

I'm placing a stake in the ground here. The Quad Cities Cache Machine will be April 11, not March 28 nor April 4. Again, I apologize for anyone who is going to have to rearrange schedules -- or worse, miss the event :lol: -- because of this date change.

April 12 is Easter, so it's off my calendar. :D

Edited by Kiersolvd
I'm placing a stake in the ground here. The Quad Cities Cache Machine will be April 11, not March 28 nor April 4. Again, I apologize for anyone who is going to have to rearrange schedules -- or worse, miss the event :D -- because of this date change.

April 12 is Easter, so it's off my calendar. B)

Travis, are you SURE you want to do it on Easter weekend? :lol: A lot of people will have family and church obligations that weekend, me included.

If you move it to March 21, I'll know for sure the geo-gods do not want me to attend this cache machine. My son graduates from college that day.

Edited by Prying Pandora

*edit*

I spoke too soon. Things are being worked out so that the two events will not conflict, but I can't say which will be on which weekend at this point.

Seems like the easiest solution would be to leave the CM on the 28th, have the Groundspeak event on the 4th far away from Pullman, and let Easter remain on the same schedule it has been on for the last 2000-odd years.

*edit*

I spoke too soon. Things are being worked out so that the two events will not conflict, but I can't say which will be on which weekend at this point.

Seems like the easiest solution would be to leave the CM on the 28th, have the Groundspeak event on the 4th far away from Pullman, and let Easter remain on the same schedule it has been on for the last 2000-odd years.

:D

*edit*

Sooo, you mean the first Sunday after the first full moon after equinox?

*edit*

Sooo, you mean the first Sunday after the first full moon after equinox?

More than you want to know on how to calculate Easter :P

Edited by Prying Pandora

So when IS Easter?

Do this equation and you will know:

c = y / 100

n = y - 19 * ( y / 19 )

k = ( c - 17 ) / 25

i = c - c / 4 - ( c - k ) / 3 + 19 * n + 15

i = i - 30 * ( i / 30 )

i = i - ( i / 28 ) * ( 1 - ( i / 28 ) * ( 29 / ( i + 1 ) )

* ( ( 21 - n ) / 11 ) )

j = y + y / 4 + i + 2 - c + c / 4

j = j - 7 * ( j / 7 )

l = i - j

m = 3 + ( l + 40 ) / 44

d = l + 28 - 31 * ( m / 4 )