Announcing the CTCachers.com Inept Geocoin

FrontPhotoFullSize.png

BackPhotoFullSize.png

Coin specs:

• Width: 1.5"
  • Thickness: 3mm
  • Material: Black Nickel
  • Number Minted: 250
  • Inept Features: Reversed website URL, upside down and backwards "Track me at" text, for the first time ever see the back of an emoticon's head!
  • Coins are trackable and have their own custom icon
  • Custom Icon : icon_2_32x32.gif

To purchase, visit our store at http://store.ctcachers.com/IneptGeocoin2008/

What does it mean to be Inept?

If you’ve searched for 60 minutes trying to find a trail head (that you already have co-ordinates for) if you’ve ever taken the log book from a cache thinking it was a travel bug, if you’ve searched for more than an hour for a cache that everyone else finds in 30 seconds… that muggles stumble upon and that can be seen from Google Earth, you need this coin! You'll be surprised at just how many of us "inepts" are out there and you'll have this great looking coin to prove it! We’re working on a secret handshake but can’t get anyone to make a firm decision about anything yet. If your biggest claim to fame is that you haven’t killed yourselves while caching (yet) join us! Use this coin to wear your ineptness on your sleeve, or in your cache.

Want to learn more about the inept people over at www.CTCachers.com? Come on over and visit us!

B)B)

Thank you so much for making a coin just for me.

i regularly wonder why i bother!!!

Much to the amusement of the other attendees at a recent cache bash i spent almost an hour underneath a rhododendron (SP?) looking for a cache that was not under the rhododendron!!! :ph34r::D The challenge to the cache was supposed to be managing it without getting your feet wet. i did eventually get it with the assistance of another caching team... i'm proud of the fact that i didn't get my feet wet on either of the visits to the cache sire tho.

Order will be placed presently!!

Thanks

Ljay

It's funny to see so many UK buyers of this coin. I'm originally from England and never knew the inept creed had spread so far :D

We're already at 100 pre-orders so we've only got another 150 left before they're all gone! (oh no!.. or yay! depending on your point of view :laughing: )

As much as I would love to get this one, because it definitely fits me to a T...I just cant do it right now. It is so sad. Maybe I will find one someday some where or I will have a coin to trade for one. Till then, I will just sit back and admire it from a distance. (Just realized, I love odd shape coins. Just round ones seem to bore me. Always gotta try and get the weird shapes...lol)

BTW - great lookin coin. A keen idea.

Edited by Sparticus06

That's pretty funny! Have you tried to fit that in a hide-a-key type container yet?

Love your signature line, too. I'm forwarding this thread to a friend who feels exactly the same way. :huh:

Yes, they fit inside a standard hide a key container :huh:

Cool, thanks! I posted on our local site and they've since ordered theirs :) Any chance you'll be doing trades in the future?

Wow! I'm glad this thread got bumped up. I was working at a large animal evacuation shelter when this thread was started and completely missed this coin.

Yep, there's a cache I've been to 4... count 'em...4 times. I know the cache is there because others have found it. It runs about 50/50 for find/dnf.

Placed an order a few minutes ago... I feel I've "earned" this coin :rolleyes: .

if there was ever any doubt that i deserved this coin i eradicated it on Wednesday!

I visited Edinburgh for the day and got ZERO finds! I had the co-ords for about 10 Caches. Couple were mysteries and multis. So i started at Edinburgh Castle and made my way down the Royal mile collecting clues for 2 of the multi's. got the co-ords for one of the multis but didn't find the final. i was sure that i had got the co-ords wrong as one of the buildings was partially covered and wasn't sure i'd got the right info!

got home and looked at the spoiler! i was there! Just couldn't find it!

then went on to try 4 trads! didn't get one find!

thankfully there was a DNF by another cacher on one of them! another i went with a pre signed log cos the last log said it was full! had extra hints from the owner cos i'd offered to replace the log and couldn't even get to look for the cache as the resident tramps were occupying the cache site!!!

I'm bad but 0/5 is just embarrasing!

Got some great pics tho if anyone wants a look!

http://picasaweb.google.com/laurafalconer/Edinburgh?authkey=faa_q0_eVEs

Can anyone beat my 0/5 in a day?

Coins were shipped out to the people that ordered them yesterday, however there is a problem at Oakcoins with the activation process. I cannot activate a coin I have here so something is up. Once I know it's fixed I'll update you.

Thanks!

Still have a few left BTW ;)

okay, now activation is up and running but the coin does not show up on Geocaching.com with a custom icon yet... anyone know if there is usually a lag with this sort of thing?

Talk about inept :D

Well, I got my coins from you last week. Very cool. Activated them today with no problem, and viewed one coin's home page, and it shows the smiley icon, so that seems to be working, too. Placed one coin in a new cache this morning in North Idaho, but will have to log the location later. No time now. Thanks for a fun experience.