Is there a limit to the number of caches in a bookmark list?

Delta68

A PQ is 500 caches max, so if the bookmark list were larger, the PQ will certainly be truncated.

Is this known as fact or supposition?

If it is truncated, how is it sorted to determine what is lost?

Supposition actually.

With all the clamoring for larger PQs based on Member status or for an additional fee, complete-State PQs downloadable only once a week/month/ etc., and the lack of response from TPTB to those requests/demands <breathe> I can't imagine that this loophole would have been left open.

I believe there was a thread (or a part of one) where a similar issue (which waypoints are left out) was discussed and experimental results provided, but I don't recall what it was.

Perhaps by distance from your home co-ordinates?

Perhaps by waypoint ID ascending?

Perhaps in the order the waypoints were added to the bookmark list?

There is a limit of 20 bookmark lists per user, with a limit of 500 caches per bookmark list. Happy bookmarkaching.

Yea he's way special like that. Actually I'm surprised it didn't break the site, or truncate the PQ.

I thought the bookmark limit was much higher. Perhaps I created a bookmark list when there was a bug on production? That and the 21st list.

bookmark_problem.jpg

I created the 600+ list two years ago. I hope the current max isn't 500 because I'm tracking my FTFs with a bookmark list.

I believe there was a thread (or a part of one) where a similar issue (which waypoints are left out) was discussed and experimental results provided, but I don't recall what it was.

Could this have been the thread you were thinking of?

--Larry

Yes, Larry, That was the thread!

Thanks

There is a limit of 20 bookmark lists per user, with a limit of 500 caches per bookmark list. Happy bookmarkaching.

Is the System Created ignore list the same as any other bookmark list in this regard?

I'll bet there will soon be at least 500 MORE pointless, crappy, throw-down micros in my area that I will probably certainly want to ignore.

I suppose I can filter them out using GSAK, but I'd rather cut them off at the source if possible.