COINTEST: The Where Are We Going On A Holiday This Year Cointest

Team Van Stoffelen

Just a few weeks to go and then Team Van Stoffelen is going for a holiday. The question is simple:

To what village is Team Van Stoffelen heading off for a holiday?

I am not giving away much, but we are staying in the Netherlands (and do have to step on our breaks at the right time, otherwise we just might slip across the border).

This cointest is open for everyone. One guess each, every half hour. Do not PM me, but put your answers below. The prize winner will receive one of the unactivated coins out of the - still growing strong - Team Van Stoffelen geocoincollection.

Good luck!

Edited by Team Van Stoffelen

Wanted to say you were going geocashing in Australia, in particular Adelaide, aka as the geocaching capital of Australia. But as you noted you were not leaving on a jet plane, boat or train, a car may take you on a caching holiday in the direction of one of our Flipper TB's which is near Oldebroek. As we know nothing about the netherlands apart from in August we will be passing through Amsterdam whilst on a tour, and for us to try to find a cache will almost be impossible as I can't read Dutch and the area's we may be near I can't find English cache notes....sigh, any way that is the Flipper's guess.

cheers from South Australia

Gayle & Mark

Deventer to attend:

In the first week-end of July, the city centre is the scene of the spectacular open air festival "Deventer op stelten" (Deventer on Stilts). Actors and other artist give free performances in the streets and on the Brink square. All actors must use stilts during their acts.

Vaals?

(small hint for other participants: Van Stoffelen mentions 'village' so you should probably be looking to slightly smaller places than cities like Maastricht, Eindhoven or Arnhem). Oh, and I don't think they consider the coastline a border :D

HINT 2: Where not parking our car on the seaside and Germany is nowhere to been seen from the campside were staying.

Flipper@Co: We could take the private plane from Groningen Aiport Eelde and land on airport near our destination. It 'll take a 22 minutes drive to reach our campside from there.

Everybody may guess again...

Maybe?

Recr.centrum Familyland

Groene Papegaai 19

4631 RX Hoogerheide

Netherlands

HINT 3: You got the province right, but from this Recreation Center in Hoogerheide to our campside it is at the fastest route a 1 hour and 15 minutes drive.

From what I can tell from the maps there is a place called De Zoom Kalmthoutse Heide that looks to be a park and there looks to be a small area or village named Putte in the south and a place called ? There is also a Huljbergen in the Northern part? I'm totally lost though, we don't have villages here in the U.S. and not many provinces (only in certain states)?

HINT 1:

305 km. south of our hometown you'll end up in the provinces of Limburg, Noord Brabant or Zeeland.

HINT 2:

Zeeland is near the sea. Noord Brabant en Limburg has airports. Maastricht Airport is way to south, zo Eindhoven Airport is the one near our campsite.

HINT 3:

Hoogerheid is at the west part of the Noord Brabant province. In a 75 minute drive, you'll end up in the east or the south-east of this province. Since it was near the border it must be south/south-east and in a near circle around Eindhoven airport.

HINT 4:

As light-bulb-city Eindhoven is very visible on google maps. Zoom in utill you see both Eindhoven and the Dutch Belgium border. The landing strip is telling you the way...

HINT 1:

305 km. south of our hometown you'll end up in the provinces of Limburg, Noord Brabant or Zeeland.

HINT 2:

Zeeland is near the sea. Noord Brabant en Limburg has airports. Maastricht Airport is way to south, zo Eindhoven Airport is the one near our campsite.

HINT 3:

Hoogerheid is at the west part of the Noord Brabant province. In a 75 minute drive, you'll end up in the east or the south-east of this province. Since it was near the border it must be south/south-east and in a near circle around Eindhoven airport.

HINT 4:

As light-bulb-city Eindhoven is very visible on google maps. Zoom in utill you see both Eindhoven and the Dutch Belgium border. The landing strip is telling you the way...

Are you nearby my cache and kdv her cache????

whooott, you are going to drink trappist :D yammy