4th Annual PCC Update!

The Herd

Due to several issues beyond our control, I must announce that the annual PCC will be moving this year. I will save you all the details, but hosting it at Pokagon is just not something we can do at this time. I cannot, however, go a whole year without hosting a big event, so we will be moving the PCC to Indiana Dunes State Park this year. It will be held the last weekend in September, the 26th, 27th and 28th! Make your camping reservations now! This park books quick! All sites are electric, so we can't rough it this year. I will need volunteers again this year, so if you can do ANYTHING to help, please let me know! Keep an eye out for the event page, hopefully it will be up soon!

On the plus side, it's a whole new area of caches for the regular attendees to grab!

Amber

Well, honestly, I have never camped the state park. We prefer the very nearby National Park campground, as it is non-electric, and a bit more private. I will ask Brad to step in here though, and suggest some sites. There are two loops there, and I'm thinking it would be better to try to keep everyone as close as possible, but he may be better able to answer your questions.

Amber

I prefer the back of the east loop. The best sites that have more privacy, and back the dunes are: 98, 100, 102, 104, 106, 108, 110, 112, 113. Some of the back of the west loop are nice too, including: 8, 12, 14, 16, and 18. The campgrounds were completely remodeled 3 years ago, with modern restroom and 50 amp electric at every site.

Quick update:

Cache page is submitted, look for it soon. Also, there will be a loggable Friday night social, as well as a CITO that Sunday hosted by none other than Mr. and Mrs. 501 Gang. This is their first hosting of an event, so hopefully they will get a lot of support. This event will be loggable too, so it will be a great opportunity to log 3 events in one weekend! Keep an eye out for all the events. Links to the Friday social and Sunday CITO events will be linked on the main event page when they become available!

Just a few reminders...

There are still sites available in the campground. If you reserve a site, please post it in your log so we can update the map. Also, as soon as you know what dish you are bringing to the potluck dinner, post it so others can plan accordingly. And, don't forget your raffle prize. With camping season winding down, now is a great time to take advantage of those sales in the sporting goods section of your local box store. If you need ideas for what to bring, just shoot me an email. Raffle participation is not mandatory for the event, but, you must donate an item to be entered.

Well, it is happening! Campsites are going FAST! There are only TWO sites available in the East Loop, (one being right next to the dumpster) where we are all staying! There are a little over 20 left in the West Loop, if you don't reserve in time to get one in the East Loop.

Make your reservations today!

Anyone have room on their site for an extra tent? There are a couple of cachers hoping to split a site with someone for the event. Email me if your willing to hook up and I'll send them to you.

Thanks,

email me at:

the-501-gang at comcast.net

Edited by 501_Gang